Initial D - The Movie (How was it?)

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I personally think the call to change Ah Shue into Ah Muk who is the petrol station owner's son, is a masterstroke of genius. He really owned as the comic relief.

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
oi, what are u still doing here.. go away la. u wanna race with this thing?

*pan out to the SUV*

roflmao!! :D :D :D

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
I must say that as a car movie, it's good. But once u try to compare the storyline to the original anime, then u will be disappointed.

To be realistic, they have to alter the story a bit to fit it into that 1.5 to 2 hours movie slot.

I actually think it was kinda original to alter the Ah Shue character into Ah Mok who becomes the son of the petrol station owner.. he is indeed a comic relief to the movie. Brings a breath of fresh air to Jay Chou's monotone acting.

But bear in mind, they did get a few things as accurate as the anime..like the part where the girl ask him to take her to the beach because she wanna show him her new sexy swimsuit. And how she kept reffering Jay Chou as "Tork Hoi Thong Hok" which is exactly how the cantonese dubbed anime version was.

All in all, I enjoyed the drifting scenes.

skylin3lov3r

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
JB
the only nice part of the movie is the drifting scenes. :biggrin: other parts dun really like it. :thumpdown btw nx yr will come out the 3rd installment of fast n furious.it will b about drift races oso. :cool:

takumi86

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Puchong
yup.. me too.. nice part of the movie is the drifting scenes.
really well done!..
can't wait to watch the next version of fast n furious..:D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): This is one loaded Altezza. Packed with a parts list even Taniguchi would be proud to drift with. Firstly, based on a 1JZ conversion, it's then treated to a 2JZ block, and then fully balanced with parts like HKS 264 cams, HKS pulleys, HKS extractors, HKS 3040 Turbo, HKS plumbing, HKS intercooler, HKS relocator oil filter, HKS oil cooler,
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience