4g93 n.a, black smoke

13b

Known Member
Aug 3, 2004
had just transplant a 4g93 abt a month ago. the problem is, can't seems to find a solution for the black smoke. sent to some w/shop n most said tht some sensors r spoilt n most probably af sensor, but i don't want to change the wrong parts as they can't guarantee it's the right part. anybody experience this b4? the plug also full of carbon(dry, symptom of rich fuel?) no matter how often u clean em. n one foreman even said maybe a wrongly marked timing belt (while changing). tired of this "maybe". any sifu can hep me out? loc in jb. thanks

badgti

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
johor
come over to R-tune garage at austin perdana, behind cheez prata shop.they do a lot of 4g9's there and are well experienced with these engines.
pm me if you need details.

Waja1.6X

Known Member
Oct 4, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.facebook.com

13b

Known Member
Aug 3, 2004
thanks guys, err.. can give direction or not? map would be a great help, thanks!

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
had just transplant a 4g93 abt a month ago. the problem is, can't seems to find a solution for the black smoke. sent to some w/shop n most said tht some sensors r spoilt n most probably af sensor, but i don't want to change the wrong parts as they can't guarantee it's the right part. anybody experience this b4? the plug also full of carbon(dry, symptom of rich fuel?) no matter how often u clean em. n one foreman even said maybe a wrongly marked timing belt (while changing). tired of this "maybe". any sifu can hep me out? loc in jb. thanks
tbh there's no such thing as guarantee unless a part that can be seen with a naked eye , we will nvr know a sensor has KO-ed until u taken it out , i mean some things are meant to be dismantled 1st then only u will know ...

my 2 cents

13b

Known Member
Aug 3, 2004
thnks

UnicornSpeed

Known Member
Dec 28, 2008
what injector ? 240 ? got two thing on my mind your air flow sensor and o2 sensor....pls run a scanner we be much help.

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
o2 sensor no so much effect for rich burn. o2 sensor play small role oni. if car can rev well, there is no timing belt run teeth. ur car is dohc or sohc? u full set 93 convert or mod to dohc or mod block? tell me more.

13b

Known Member
Aug 3, 2004
mine is a dohc a/t convert to m/t (eterna body). using 6123 ecu, standard injector (dunno what's the size), evo's fuel pump ( the problem start b4 tht), 454 af sensor(if i remember correctly), n it revs well, very well, the black smoke occurs while idle ( just a bit) n also while revving ( like burning house hahahha)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
O2 sensor is only used when idle or cruising. When ICU A/F feed back is running on close loop... Else, running on open loop.

Have u tried unplug the battery and plug back after 5-10 mins... reset the ECU.

13b

Known Member
Aug 3, 2004
ok, problem solved, change to gti injectors n walla.. problem solved. thanks all

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all, been reading through all the horror stories on the board.

I have began modding my ride, and now contemplating not to drive it out to anywhere besides shows and and friends house with high rise wall.

anyways, does anyone here knows about Lexan resin? it's the material the use in racecars, especially the windshield, as it has a higher impact resistance than glass. It is also use to make racing helmets. and if you watch mythbusters on discovery, that's Lexan they stand behind when...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience