info needed : matching supra gearbox to evo engine.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
you dont need experienced japs to do a RWD conversion.

Malaysia boleh ma...just make sure you go to the right workshop la..

actually hor, if you change gearbox only no use. must match with the rear diff to get the response you want. no point change only gearbox and then use back your ori sigma rear diffs. the final drives wont match.

it will be costly to transplant the bugger in, with complete modification to the gearbox, rear diff, long shaft and the engine proper. better get a healthy budget.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
ramsing said:
mitton kor kor....y dun u sell him ur AMG 7 speed gerabox which u used for the evo8 engine in u'r rwd saga. that day in ur house i saw one spare gearbox lying on the floor behind the jacuzzi.

must help help mar...:cyclops::regular_smile:
kanina...:shocked: cos the engine you pasang already in your BBD 24 remember? :angry_smile:

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
the pic above is sigma galant... the old type galant .

miton, yeappy. he is using the jza70 supra rear diff. hehehe some say in Thailand they use those pickup 4WD rear diff. wonder it true or not but Thailand kia also crazy one. anything can go in. :)

ramsing

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
arsenal...not easy to match g/box n rear diff. if wrongly match, then no power.

best if u get one full set from engine to rear diff. meaning if u choose sr20, then get full set. if rotary, then get full set. but lots of work to fit all in, plus machine the shaft.

instead of 4g63, y dun u get an ori rwd engine. rotary engien is a good choice. light sommore. :) good luck man.

evo3, ya...some ppl use those HILUX rear diff. big muthas. can stand high torque....

ramsing

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
arsenal...not easy to match g/box n rear diff. if wrongly match, then no power.

best if u get one full set from engine to rear diff. meaning if u choose sr20, then get full set. if rotary, then get full set. but lots of work to fit all in, plus machine the shaft.

instead of 4g63, y dun u get an ori rwd engine. rotary engien is a good choice. light sommore. :) good luck man.

evo3, ya...some ppl use those HILUX rear diff. big muthas. can stand high torque....

ramsing

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
MitonCT26 said:
kanina...:shocked: cos the engine you pasang already in your BBD 24 remember? :angry_smile:
ahahah....bbd24 now my dog using to sleep at night la. raining everyday.:regular_smile:

so hows the supersaga? t78 ar now? ushh..

arsenalboi

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
evo 3 : where is your mechanic? can help ? :) I also want to do.

arsenalboi

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
any one can help provide a place in kl area or jb area that can do

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Hahaha, you guys sure playing along ya?

Arsenalboi, i think you gotta look real closely what you think you could do but can't.

We are looking at ballpark figure of more than RM50K. Might as well spend the moolah on a wira and dump the engine inside. Or become a hero and get a F20C from honda. Also buy SportsCompactCar magazine this month and look at a F20C transplant in a AE86. Gives more reasoning than what you dream of.

Last edited:

an_re

Oct 30, 2006
used to c 1 in australia mag.
-using 5th gen supra box mated into evo 3 engine, swap into old galant.
-but the mag didnt specify much info for the mating process,soli.
i read Fast Four, australia mag

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Aggression is most commonly associated with human behavior and caused by a heightened level of testosterone in the body, but we have also heard of the word being used to describe a car. Humans and animals may be the only biological force in the world that are capable of displaying such unsympathetic behavior towards others, or so it may seem for what I experienced earlier this week totally changed my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience