Enquiry on R33 GTR & GTS. Please help. Info needed.

kelvin_goh999

Known Member
Jun 6, 2005
KL
Hi Guys & Skyline owner expert,

I interested on looking for a R33 Skyline. I saw some of them is selling off their R33.

I just want to know what is the different of R33 GTR & R33 GTS?

And I see the guys selling off the R33 is without sunroof. R33 does not comes with sunroof?

And also how to see d car whether is a R33 GTR or R33 GTS?

If a R33 GTR, market now selling for how much?

Really need you guys to input some info as I am new here. Thanks : )

SanTa_Clause

Known Member
Dec 21, 2003
kl
this is a newbie question but somehow i felt like answering so here goes....

r33 gts vs r33 gtr

lets start with gts,

many types of gts,for 33 i think u got the 2.5na,2.5turbo,2.5na 4door n 2.5 turbo 4door. most of them or maybe all of them are REAR wheel drive.the engine for gts are rb25de,rb25det(1small but responsive turbo)price if ur lucky 55k above to 70k maybe. depending on year,condition,mods as usual.for year of production not to sure but i think maybe 1993 onwards best go n find out ur self in the net.

then comes the GTR(respect)

all GTR from 32,33,34 are 2 door comes with rb26dett(2.6 twin turbo ) 4wheel drive.price ranging from if ur lucky 85k onwards.again depending on year,condition and most important mods.for an 800hp monster,expect paying 90k to 100plus!!!.hehehe theres one in the motor trader white color in fact theres 2.

For looks differences, best is u type in google images r33gts and in a new tab r33gtr.note the front and rear bumper,sideskirts and spoiler.u will clearly notice that the gtr look 10times better.that is if the owner of the gts has not changed his car's bodykit to gtr coz thats what most people would do.there is though one special model from nismo the nissan 400r.a car with wicked body kit and comes standard from the factory with 400 horses in the hood.i dont think i need to talk about the LM road version..coz ive haven't seen any in malaysia yet.there u go...my advice for u go on do some more reading in the net.....wanne get better info talk to the sifus such as cmng,dinnismo,ah yong,ken x factory and many more .there u go,hope this helps.

ps:there are some r33 gts out there has been fully converted to gtr from looks to the whole 4wheel drive and the rb26dett engine.for those car its up to u to value it.ask the owner for a copy of the green card.se wheather the engine has been changed or not,then u nego nego lah....ho ho ho.

Last edited:

kelvin_goh999

Known Member
Jun 6, 2005
KL
Wow. Thats great info you gave. Thanks man. But I see normally d R33 selling outside ranging around RM7+k. then I dont think its a GTR :)

Btw, why the R33 outside selling all does not comes with sunroof? Only R33GTR comes with sunroof ?

SanTa_Clause

Known Member
Dec 21, 2003
kl
sunroof is mist to me,some say gtr has i some dont....anyway best if u look at the green cars the u know.remember 2.6 thats a gtr.

heterodyne

Known Member
Jul 2, 2007
GTST/GTS/GTR also got electric sunroof version but quite rare lah. So if you got one consider yourself lucky loh, mine i know can't ziraffe my head over roof for sure.

gts/t meter only sampai 180, gtr 320kmph

on gtr, the gauges for boost,oil temp and oil pressure on the bottom of aircond console, gts is build into da dash metre.

pop da bonnet, on the blue car identification tag/chasis tag, ECR33=normal gts/t, BNCR33xxxxxxO = GTR, BNCR33xxxxxxW = GTR Vspec

Look underneath the car at the back wheel. Normal GTR or GTS only has only has the normal 4 wheel drive(or RWD) and HICAS hydraulic pump underneath the black pastic cover.The GTR V-spec has finned metal cover at the active rear differential with one telitale hydraullic line on one side (normally the right side)

check da brake ducts. GTS and normal GTR uses conventional snorkel arrangements, the V-SPEC uses plate duct.

Last edited:

kelvin_goh999

Known Member
Jun 6, 2005
KL
Thanks for all the information guys. Really appreciate it. Btw, If normal R33 GTS with RB25T, how much would be the horsepower ?

heterodyne

Known Member
Jul 2, 2007
two hundred and fifty

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
Is BCNR not BNCR and oem GTR speed cluster hanya sampai 180km/h unless aftermarket product baru 300 or 320km/h.

kelvin.....nowonder u wanna sell off yur ride....Good choice to getting a R33 but bare in mind year below 96 or maybe 97 cannot get loan from the bank.

as mention how to know is a GTR ot GTS by just looking the engine(RB26 or RB25),steel tag at firewall,interior,exterior(widebody)

Te most lowest price for GTR33 i think at least RM100k-RM150k depending on modification and condition of the car. So far not yet seen 1 sellling below RM100k.

As for GTS is around RM5xk - RM8xk...as i mention earlier if u wanna get loan from bank, find year 97 R33 which i think is the last batch if not mistaken..

Last edited:

heterodyne

Known Member
Jul 2, 2007
bvalve:the r33 GTR metre cluster is really 300+kmph leh the metre is sitting 0 vertically one, while the gts/gtst is horrizontally at 0. the design also different,and these are original not aftermarket ones.

this is based on my experience with a few GTR at my place, comparing my little gtst and brunei gtr, the vspec and gts.

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
Nismo version?
Coz the GTR33 that i saw is only 180km/h only.....:)
and think japan side only give 180km/h max only unless change to aftermarket punya....

heterodyne

Known Member
Jul 2, 2007
i know the nismo one looks the same, only with the word "nismo" on the speed metre right?

but all the ones i saw in brunei takda word "nismo", funny right?they go kikis it off maybe?

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Standard cluster 180 needle vertical ... aftermarket is 320, needle vertical as well, rpm up to 11000 (either white or black face) ...

Last edited by a moderator:

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
must be after market cluster, trust me, it goes all the way to 180 only....i've seen R33's meter cluster so many times

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
i know the nismo one looks the same, only with the word "nismo" on the speed metre right?

but all the ones i saw in brunei takda word "nismo", funny right?they go kikis it off maybe?
maybe is an aftermarket product but no name on the speed cluster, that y make u confuse:confused:

haha....owner of BCNR33 has spoken :adore:

ek_elleh

500 RPM
Sep 5, 2005
KB
www.r33.cabanova.com

skyline for sale..
currently engine under mod..
standard engine breakdown..
boring block to fit with z32 piston..

price can nego many2..
price in the website was very old..

tq..

ps: nismo 300km/h meter can be viewed..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all sifus and readers in this forum. here i have is a Audi A4, a friend of mine who asked me detail this car. of course i detailed this car long time ago but didnt posted at any forums before :bawling: just sharing some of my work here. if there is any mistakes you can always leave a comment, will work hard and try to correct it. and also i didnt took much pictures of it (not because i dont want to show) due to busy detailing. the rims took me 2 1/2 hours to complete due to hard...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience