ICE Q ..... sound coming from tweeter

funkydog

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
hi ppl.. juz did my ICE 1 week ago ......

so far so good ..... only this small bugging problem......

theres this "zzzz" electric sound coming from the tweeters.... all 4 tweeters.......

any idea wat may be the cause of it ? .......

the accessories shop ppl says its sound from the amp ......

any idean how to solve it ?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
check amplifier grounding also, as well as the speaker wire to the tweeter, maybe shorting somewhere, or else amp output problem. check also if passive xover location is near power cables, or even the ecu..

funkydog

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
thanks for the reply ..... i will bring it back to the shop and see wat they say ..... lol

i seriously had no idea to date .... despite hearing all the possibilities from u guys , and other mates on other forum .......

some say .......
cable lose ....
some said live cable too close to RCA ....
some say nv ground properly .......
some say HI-Lo convertor lousy brand ....
some say amp set too high on gain ...
wire of tweeter to crossover not properly connected ....
amp spoil ....
Hu spoil .......
some even say its ok and common to have such sound ...... etc etc ...

lol ..... any other possibilities ? .... i seriously wan to know .. so tat i can 1 shot pin point them all out to the installer .....

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
Perhaps you want to tell us what amp you are using and type of RCA you used. There are many possibilities of hissing sound starting from equipment to installation errors. I have that problem before and solved after changing good RCA cables and good amplifliers. Cap ayam RCAs have very low noise rejection quality hence the hissing sound could be from the noise as a result of electromagnetic field discruption. Cheap amplifiers have low level of signal to noise ratio hence reducing the gain may help but you lose clarity and details. Hence, tuning is the best option for you to optimize your set up before you start to change your equipments although with limitations.

spykey

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2006
funckydog,4pcs tweeters installed?
how is the ambiance?:confused_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i own an 98 hyndia elantra, i wanted to get an body kit for my car just to give it a new look i love my car was my first its my baby i dont wanna get rid of it but when loooking for kits all i could seem to find was an evo set and tbh its hidious. id really like to see some other options but maybe im just overpassing them would be awsome if someone could give me some guidance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience