I really need help, like seriously dude.

N/A secret

Known Member
Aug 28, 2012
Kota Kinabalu
to be honest - all this "stage" stuff is bullshit. Got money, go all the way. Not enough money, do whatever your money can take you.

PNP, Stroke, Cams, Fueling, ECU, Exhaust and then all other things like dry sump, electric water pump, straight cut gear box, etc.
Agree. Why wana limit yourself to stages? Get the $$, think of mods that suits your driving style, then go for it. Plenty of modification parts out there you can do. If you like going S, then upgrade ur handling and braking. If you like going l, then upgrade your engine n braking. Btw, drive responsibly :wavey:
The only 'stages' in modding is how much money you have. Stage 1 would be <1k, Stage 2 is 1k~3k,etc2...haha
agree with izso... all this stage crap is just some marketing bullshit....

when modding u need to determine wats ur target first.. wat u want... etc etc

then go the best route (according to ur budget) towards reaching that target.
stages? like in Initial D stage? :biggrin:

u can make your own stage..

for me :

stage 1 = outside engine item such as air filter, extractor, exhaust, crank pulley, etc

stage 2 = inside the head item such as cam pulley, camshaft, spring, oversize valve, port & polish , etc

stage 3 = all the expensive item such as stand alone ecu, stroker kit, etc

and in between all that u need to upgrade brakes, suspension and everything that support your handling :wink:

different people, different opinion on the stage..

but most important is MONEY$$$..

lots of money can get u to all the stages at 1 shot :biggrin:
my stage 1 is always handling and braking. That already cost me a lot.
make ur car safer, then go faster :smokin:
so up to u bro..more money have..more modification can be done...................:driver:
and may live a bit longer
the best advice of the day...:smokin:
suggestion...
Stage1 - PnP parts like open pod filter, spark plugs & cables, extractor, pulleys etc...
Stage2 - braking and handling upgrade...
Stage3 - cam, cam pulleys, port&polish, oversize piston, piggyback ecu... good if you're doing overhaul at the same time...
Advance - standalone ecu, stroker, higher than 280 cams, forge crank/piston/rod, ARP bolts etc..

you're the one who set all the stages according to the modification route you wanted...:smokin:
But.... why want to mod? Get a more powerful car.
more expensive...
more money given to the Gov...

so for me, just retain my 1997 car and mod it wisely...:burnout:
I have modified my puny Iswara, after all the effort and money thrown in, with some disastrous results in between, all bigger stock cars were still running faster than me, effortlessly. It was quite embarrassing for me. So I decided to cut loss and sell some parts and retain some mostly of handling and braking stuff, and got myself an additional bigger cc car. That more or less meet my need. Wife does not complain but I'm not rich so get to be sensible already.:smokin:
But modding is addictive hobby, I'm still itchy.:listen:
Thanks to all sifus and bros, izso, cvkit,pwhyze,madman,dzul,YYC, k_takuya, spoon civic and meg-omen, your oppinion and advices is much appreciated. Actually i wanna know about the light mods to my car first...dont want to "kacau" internal engine parts first bros.:adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
imho, if it doesn't kacau the engine internals, it's not going to be a significant performance increase.

But if you're going to go there :

1. Start with camshaft + cam pulley
2. If your car isn't a returnless fuel system, then get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator
3. Upgrade your electricals, specifically your ignition. MSD products, good quality high discharge cables (like the Best i-cable), some claim the Firestorm, etc. MSD is a sure fire product though.
4. Lightweight rims, the difference (for me) between my stock JRD rim vs my current lightweight rim was astonishing in terms of acceleration.
5. Suspension and brakes
6. Cold air intake and brake cooling air ducts help to some extent.
7. Lightened crank pulley, though this is a controversial topic, it does work imho to some extent.

Don't bother with air filter yet. You might want to go the open pod route later after your internal mods.

Then after you spend all your money on that, go for the stroker kit and forged pistons and conrods, ARP headstuds, uprated injectors, then go for a full exhaust.

Oh I forgot to ask, manual or auto? If auto, forget everything I said up there and change to manual. +30% whp.

:biggrin:

N/A secret

Known Member
Aug 28, 2012
Kota Kinabalu
imho, if it doesn't kacau the engine internals, it's not going to be a significant performance increase.

But if you're going to go there :

1. Start with camshaft + cam pulley
2. If your car isn't a returnless fuel system, then get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator
3. Upgrade your electricals, specifically your ignition. MSD products, good quality high discharge cables (like the Best i-cable), some claim the Firestorm, etc. MSD is a sure fire product though.
4. Lightweight rims, the difference (for me) between my stock JRD rim vs my current lightweight rim was astonishing in terms of acceleration.
5. Suspension and brakes
6. Cold air intake and brake cooling air ducts help to some extent.
7. Lightened crank pulley, though this is a controversial topic, it does work imho to some extent.

Don't bother with air filter yet. You might want to go the open pod route later after your internal mods.

Then after you spend all your money on that, go for the stroker kit and forged pistons and conrods, ARP headstuds, uprated injectors, then go for a full exhaust.

Oh I forgot to ask, manual or auto? If auto, forget everything I said up there and change to manual. +30% whp.

:biggrin:
my god hahahaha its an auto :rofl:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Teach you one instant recipe to power. Throw away your spare tyre and any other unused items! Then you already tweak the weight part of the performance equation. It's free and it works.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Teach you one instant recipe to power. Throw away your spare tyre and any other unused items! Then you already tweak the weight part of the performance equation. It's free and it works.
QFT. Get rid of junk and rubbish inside your car. Then, invest in lighter rims, body parts, seats, etc2....easiest way to improve power-to-weight and FC in one go. A diet also helps...hehe

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If it's a 3-speed auto.. no matter how light, it'll never beat a manual gear replace.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
QFT. Get rid of junk and rubbish inside your car. Then, invest in lighter rims, body parts, seats, etc2....easiest way to improve power-to-weight and FC in one go. A diet also helps...hehe
Gotta get rid our own "spare tyre" if there's any. From 90kg to 70kg...20kg less not only can let our car go faster, we can also go faster ourselves :rofl:

Not to mention healthier..more good looking..more confidence...more girls (T&C applies)

Since your car is auto...I guess changing the filter, extractor, ignition coil or cable, better plugs, lighter rims will do. Won't improve so much, but there's a few hp and torque you can get, and able to feel them. If major mods, like Izso mentioned, not worth it if it is an auto.

Reminder: adding GT wings, 17" rims, and all those booster booster things don't work. Sammi cheng's song might work though

N/A secret

Known Member
Aug 28, 2012
Kota Kinabalu
If it's a 3-speed auto.. no matter how light, it'll never beat a manual gear replace.
its a 4 speed auto bro..but still the same its auto thou...:banghead:

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Gotta get rid our own "spare tyre" if there's any. From 90kg to 70kg...20kg less not only can let our car go faster, we can also go faster ourselves :rofl:

Not to mention healthier..more good looking..more confidence...more girls (T&C applies)

Since your car is auto...I guess changing the filter, extractor, ignition coil or cable, better plugs, lighter rims will do. Won't improve so much, but there's a few hp and torque you can get, and able to feel them. If major mods, like Izso mentioned, not worth it if it is an auto.

Reminder: adding GT wings, 17" rims, and all those booster booster things don't work. Sammi cheng's song might work though
hahahahha you got that right our own spare tire hahahhaahha....you're funny man...hahahahaha..:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Eh.. 1.6 Wira got damn a lot of potential la. First thing to go seriously should be the gearbox. Manual makes a helluva difference. Too much power will fry that 4-speeder too. Heard a lot of horror stories on how fragile it is, I don't have a clue though.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Eh.. 1.6 Wira got damn a lot of potential la. First thing to go seriously should be the gearbox. Manual makes a helluva difference. Too much power will fry that 4-speeder too. Heard a lot of horror stories on how fragile it is, I don't have a clue though.
Welcome Izso to the manual world :biggrin:

i use to drive an auto car.. boring..

now manual feel the car more alive..

if u do mods, in an auto car.. u won't feel the difference.. mayb a lil..

if in a manual car.. definitely can feel the difference..

:wink:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys...

Where can I buy a cheap yet reliable & effective Voltage Stabiliser for my car? I've read a DIY Voltage Stabiliser but I'm no good in electronics and soldering.. :smile: :smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience