>>i install brake pad D.I.Y yesterday<<

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
Originally posted by vestax@Mar 24 2005, 11:15
dude , you change to a new service kit or only o ring ?. did you see them brush away the rust inside the caliper ?. once you had done it , shouldn't be a problem , unless they didn't insert in properly .
[snapback]836311[/snapback]​
i see them brush away all the rust using sand paper...and the caliper is ok..i think so...maybe my bleeding is not done on proper way??can it cause the problem??

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Originally posted by reddice+Mar 24 2005, 11:41 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reddice @ Mar 24 2005, 11:41 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-vestax@Mar 24 2005, 11:15
dude , you change to a new service kit or only o ring ?. did you see them brush away the rust inside the caliper ?. once you had done it , shouldn't be a problem , unless they didn't insert in properly .
[snapback]836311[/snapback]​
i see them brush away all the rust using sand paper...and the caliper is ok..i think so...maybe my bleeding is not done on proper way??can it cause the problem??
[snapback]836411[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

if bleeding is not done properly , it won't lock up the brakes , it makes the pedal soft / spongy and there is no brake feel , but right now your not facing that problem right .

did you see them putting any high temp grease or any grease to the caliper sliders ?. cause if the slider is rusted , it won't slide smoothly and may get stuck . so ask them to check if the sliders can move around or not and ask them to put some grease .

gsr

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Hmmm, did they bleed from the caliper furthest from the master cylinder 1st then work towards the nearest, LR->RR->LF->RF.

Also do make sure not to let the reservoir or master cylinder run dry of brake fluid & if they do it the manual way, remember to press the pedal firmly down once only. Hold it with the same pressure till it sinks down while bleeding and repeat till all air are purged & pedal is nice to the feel. :)

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
Originally posted by gsr@Mar 24 2005, 12:06
Hmmm, did they bleed from the caliper furthest from the master cylinder 1st then work towards the nearest, LR->RR->LF->RF.

Also do make sure not to let the reservoir or master cylinder run dry of brake fluid & if they do it the manual way, remember to press the pedal firmly down once only. Hold it with the same pressure till it sinks down while bleeding and repeat till all air are purged & pedal is nice to the feel. :)
[snapback]836502[/snapback]​
will go to other foremen today..will make sure he do it in the right way...

gsr

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
PJ
Visit site
hmmm but like what vestax mentioned, bleeding will not really solve it if it's caliper piston seized problem.

happened once to my left rear till disc was all blue and pad almost smoking. changed it with a service kit & put some hi-temp lithium grease and woalah fixed.

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
Originally posted by gsr@Mar 25 2005, 09:19
hmmm but like what vestax mentioned, bleeding will not really solve it if it's caliper piston seized problem.

happened once to my left rear till disc was all blue and pad almost smoking. changed it with a service kit & put some hi-temp lithium grease and woalah fixed.
[snapback]839195[/snapback]​
what do they have in the service kit?piston brake o-ring?or complete set??

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
already go to the foremen yesterday..

problem : NOT SOLVE !!! :angry:
i only have 2 option now :
1 : replace disc brake
2 : replace 1 more stuff (dont know what la,my mechanic say)

if my disc is too bengkok,can it cause this??i already change almost 80% of my brake disc component..if this is because of the disc,so better i change the disc..no need to change the stuff (that my mechanic says)

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
how's the status??

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
after a lot of "susah-payah,
the problem setteled !!!thanks god.

the poblem is : my ABS is jammed !!proton ABS only.not the real ABS.

the mechanic found the problem and cure it..and he says my disc is ok..no bent.the disc vibrate is because of the ABS function.

thanks to all that help.Very appreciate it..thanks..guys,if you have ABS system,make sure you bleed it too..(mechanical ABS).dont be like me.. ;)

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
congratulation dude, finally solve!
BTW satria 1.6 got ABS???

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
Originally posted by badguy@Mar 28 2005, 10:03
congratulation dude, finally solve!
BTW satria 1.6 got ABS???
[snapback]846100[/snapback]​
got ABS (advanced brake system)
not the electronic ABS (anti brake locking system)

:lol: kind of tipu mechanical stuff,make you feel like having the real ABS inside la..

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
hahah like this also can ah??
advanced brake system that means can easy jam brake is it??
opposite of the anti brake locking system??

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
what is that advance brake system do ler ?
mine few days ago brake that time feels like brake tak makan and vibrating liddat.. go check.. my pad gone .. until da disc gosok with the besi..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys...

Attention to anyone who is considering to go to Eunos 1 Utama.

My friend send her car for car wash at 1 Utama Eunos today and guess what had happened. One of their man bang my friend's car bumper. I was so shock to hear this from my friend.... and I wonder is it still safe to leave our car to those so called 'car care' centre.....

very bad very bad... remember ... don go there.!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience