Hyundai Gathering 2

HMS

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Penang
www.maxperformance.com.my
open up and spray - copper colour. I think bronze colour should be nicer but went to a few places also dun have the can spray type. The spray paint cost me about RM7 i think.

anyway, i open up cos the headlamp cover totally spoil, need a very heavy polishing job, and now the cover is almost look like new, last time totally yellow and whole surface with micro cracks liao
Next project EL Wire on the headlamp, waiting for the wire to arrive haha......getting the 6500k white EL Wire, most likely will buy the 5mm thick ones. Should last for 3-4 years the wire.

Deep$hi+$ said:
That are nice dude. How you do that. Mind to share. Thanks

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
HMS, how did u open it? oven it? and how did u glue it back?

HMS

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Penang
www.maxperformance.com.my
easy to open onli. Use the heat gun, set to about 200 degree celsius, heat it up thoroughly at the glue part, then slowly use screw driver to pry open at the grill part (not the signal part). Also remember to reheat when its not hot enough, dun forget the clip too, the clip there need to heat up hotter so it will be soft and won't break when u pry cos its plastic material.

before reseal, heat up both part the cover and housing glue then close it. reheat again and slowly push until tight. Its waterproof liao, no need additional glue.

No need oven lor, my house also dun have oven, summore i feel use oven dangerous cos heating up the whole unit, the clear cover is polycarbonate ler, cannot withstand to hot, summore dunno got side effect if heat up the reflector part or not. I do the Perdana headlamp so long also where to find home oven big enough :biggrin:

Aiya, i got the heat gun mah, so easy lor, some more this is not the first unit i open. Done a lot of perdana and civic headlamp. Wira also got. I do headlamp cleaning and repair mah. Cari makan hehe. As said next project, EL wire mod :biggrin:

If glass headlamp its even easier to open cos dun scare it pecah lor :dancing2:

Last edited:

mieliki

Sep 18, 2005
Bukit Jalil
Hi all,

I'm new here driving a ATOS 1.0A and don't know peanuts about cars. :frown:

I only did what my friends have been telling that seems to work for their cars.. I.e change to high performance spark plugs, use fuel addictives with the V-power when feeling like trashing the car..

So far it does get slightly faster.. and I was wondering where I can get good advice on air-intake modification and possibility of ECU tweaking..

Oh yah.. my number is 012-2000650 - I'd like to join your TT sessions if possible too..

Thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After using the Battery-free smartag that I DIY'ed before, I find it kinda
annoying and difficult especially if suddenly need to use the Smartag.:thefinger:

So, now I remove the wire and DIY a Switchable smartag that still use a battery. however, the battery will consume 0mA when it is switched off, therefore make it last longer.

Check it out!::smokin:

http://donsdiy.fotopic.net/c1526239.html
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience