How to get rid of lubricant smell inside car

littlebeetle

Known Member
Dec 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
guys,

I have recently send my car for service power window motor. Now my car left with one kind of lubricant smell.

Tried the following already but not helpful:

1. All doors open under sunny day
2. Apply those chacoal freshener/purifier which claimed can absorb smell

Any other method to recommend?

Thanks

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
febreeze the best :adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How do you service a power window motor?

Erm.. I'd personally open up the door panel to find out what he used. If there are giant globs of grease, I'd try to remove the excess. If it's things like WD40 and all, it should go away pretty quickly. If the lube got soaked up by the door panel fabric, clean it!

That's pretty much it. Febreeze or whatever will only mask the smell, you can't get rid of a smell unless you remove the source.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
agreed with izso...maybe the glob isnt even in the door panels...check the aircon ducts. even if oil in the door panels it shouldnt smell as bad as the way u describe. maybe the foreman got some of the grease on or in the aircon ducts...manatau he trying to whack a fly while having a glob of grease on his hands n the glob flew into the ducts?

littlebeetle

Known Member
Dec 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
How do you service a power window motor?

Erm.. I'd personally open up the door panel to find out what he used. If there are giant globs of grease, I'd try to remove the excess. If it's things like WD40 and all, it should go away pretty quickly. If the lube got soaked up by the door panel fabric, clean it!

That's pretty much it. Febreeze or whatever will only mask the smell, you can't get rid of a smell unless you remove the source.
Thanks for your advice.

I have to ask the mechanic again on what he used.
Perhaps he need to remove the door panel and check again

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
i just liberally sprinkle baking soda powder all over the car's interior... wait a while and vacuum it off... great for removing ciggie smokes as well

but, it might corrode some metal parts in the car so sprinkle wisely

p/s: charcoal are good but it takes too much time...

wegatech

Feb 3, 2011
Selangor
www.wegatech.com
Normally I would just park the car under the hot sun with the window close. Wait until the temperature inside is real hot, then only open the window. Make sure you are not inside la.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

Do anyone know anything about this powerzone LSD? Please give me some feedback on this item, reliability? Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience