Hot Stuff!

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
really nice article!!!
been looking for article like this for a long time already...

zillion thanks!!!!!!

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
here is the finished product, smoothed, putty-ed and sprayed. Notice the difference in the car's look with and without the eyelid

antugile

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
pg.photos.yahoo.com
can you all tell me some list of shop that you know where i can get these item..

Oil clay, <-- this is what we so called "tanah liat" rite?
Silicon rubber
Epoxy resin
Harden chemcal (To make hard silicon rubber)
A chemical (Easy to move rubber OR resin from A model)

nismoskyliner33

Known Member
Oct 27, 2005
bravo... bravo...

my suggestion is that if u want a DIY yet look professional results, u can do a temperary mould first. as u know, FRP is done on the reverse side (need a female mould) i.e., laying process. unless, u wanted both side smooth, then u need both female and male mould.

cheap one-off mould can be produced from FRP itself and can be moulded up to 10pcs or so.. before the mould needs to be touch up again..

just get the sample and do some modification on it with putty, then slowly smoothen the surface using sand paper. then can send to this shop in balakong, and he will do a FRP mould. he can do the mirror side for u too. i.e. if u have the eyelid on one side, he can do the other side.

the mould charges ranging from 100 to thousands.. eg. 1m X 1m size would probably cost you rm350.00. good to produce 10 pcs to 15 pcs from it. you can DIY laying or leave it to him to do it for you.

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Hi, the reason why I didnt make the mould in the first place is because, it is not necessary for me to do so. In order for me to proceed on making the mould, it will leave me to a near completed job, ready to be painted.

Since I have no intentions to reproduce the eyelids for sales purposes or any other purposes and prefer to keep the lids for my own, I decided to leave it just as it is.

The surface of the original fibreglass lids have been covered entirely with putty/bogs fillings and sanded down for smooth-ready-to-be-painted surface, which is also essential to overlay with thick layers of fibreglass to therefore produce the mould. But as I said before, I have no intentions to reproduce the lids so I painted it straight away.

Some may argue that covering the whole surface with fillings is not recommended because chances of cracking the surface in the future is high, but however, you have to note that these are small little piece of fibreglass and it sticks straight on to the headlights, no screwing or no rattling or knocking on any other panels and it will stay as it is for the rest of the time, so I won't see any chances of it getting cracks and have never since, seen any problems with it.

Thanks for the compliment

nismoskyliner33

Known Member
Oct 27, 2005
of course of course... small items no problem with putty.. and also non-moving (static) parts are ok.

again... well done..

next project? over fenders??

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
A doughlike cement/bog made by mixing of hardener use to fill holes in and surface inperfection of the car's panel before sending for painting.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
edgar nice job ..... damn nice .... eh i was thinking coud i do on my wira a/b spoiler thos thin tpe ?

C

chilskater

there is fibreglass putty rite?the white color..more halus..i plan to make front bumper for my kancil..custom my rides..a subaru maybe or scion tc bumper..end of the year project..

C

chilskater

i found one type of fibreglass mat..different from the usual one..it more like a mat or kain..my fren who worked as maintenance officer told me that it is fibreglass+mat..look like very robust n not easily broken..

i will try DIY it if got chances

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Made the following mods on my ATR....

- Apexi N1 Evolution exhaust (gives a nice rumble).
- Defi boost gauge
- SARD fuel regulator

This coming Saturday, I will be installing the Blitz i-color boost controller.

Ok, having installed the N1 I believe I have lost a bit of low end making city driving a bit more difficult as I have lost some back pressure which the auto does not seem to like....I'm hoping the boost controller will help with this as it will allow me to set boost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience