Hot Stuff!

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
wahh cun man .. me use sticker stick only now .. but intrested in making a fibreglass wan lerrr... *two thumbs up*

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
fuiyo!!! damn cun ah... seems quite easy to do it too... just need some time... got time i'll go n find de material liao!!! :lol:

dude, u can fill in de putty b4 u paint de thing... n de paint will stick to the fibre glass better i think...

anyway... very NICE DIY..!! B)

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
At last... a true fibreglass hero has emerge... :) Been thinking quite a long time already on how to make this fibreglass thingy thing and there you are my hero... kua kua kua... "2 thumbs up including 2 toes also" hehehe :)

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Respect man RESPECT!! finally got a clear picture of how to make a fiber glass product already...now just need some practical, material and tool then can start the project already :lol: GOOD SHARING! :ph34r:

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Bro,
Could you please tell us the rough cost of getting the material and where abouts ???
I'm interested in getting them for my headlight project too...

THANKS A BUNCH

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
roughly how much is the cost to get the fibreglass resin and hardener, and that fibreglass cloth ah ?

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Wondering where to get this thing in cheap in cheap price...ACE sell in small amount only though :huh:

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for the replies :D :D :D

Ok, I painted the eyelids because I want to get the real picture of the style and shape of the fibreglass so that it makes me easier to trim and grind to the fine edges. This is not a complete product, the item is now at the car spraying workshop to let them spray it for me, and of couse they will need to put on putty and so on.

The cost is stated on the first post. I bought the small package of Fibreglass which contains Fibre Clothes, Fibre Resin and Fibre Hardener for just RM20 at the car-paint supplier shop, where they sell paints for car one, but I dont know about west Malaysia but in Kuching, almost all these shops are selling the fibreglass stuff. This is Kuching price, I dont know the price in West Malaysia.

The time I took was just less than half a day. Let say:

: 20 mins for the masking of the headlights cover
: 2 mins to prepare and cut out the fibreclothe, and mixing of the resin and hardener
: 3 mins for applying the fibreglass resin coating
: 1 hour of waiting for it to harden up
: 15 mins of peeling off all the stuffs
: 1-2 hours of grinding and trimming due to the difficulties in trying to get the desire you want. If you just want a straight line shape, that would be easy. But i want some curve.

Total cost, RM20 for Fibreglass materials, and roughly another RM20-50 for spraying at your selected car painting workshop. So if you calculate properly, you are actually paying RM20 for the eyelids itself. Buy from accessories shop, RM100++ excluding paint, and for a Toyota Eyelids, non-existance one.

Bezet: I am not opening a shop :)

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Hey edgar sifu...have u done skirting, bumper or other fiber glass stuff before?? any idea of how to come out with the shape and master mold?? :huh:

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
That one is not easy, but I did modified my current bumper. The bumper is originally made for Wira and I make it fit into my car. Modifying an existing bumper is not that hard, but starting from scratch, I have not master yet.

But modifying a bumper requires you to buy a lot and I mean really a lot of them and usually not cheap. To make a mould, you will need a design of what you want first, you can design either by using cardbox, thin plywood and finally putting a lot and a lot of putty for the finishing fine smooth surface. Then you will need a coating of paint, they will help us to prevent the fibre from sticking that hard to the design surface, but this is not really neccessary. Ok, then you apply the fibreglass as in the process i just showed, and apply many layers of them, around 2-3 layers of fibre clothes so that when it harden up, it will become a mould to that design, and a mould should be hard, really hard.

Ok let say everything is done, and you have the mould, you will need to sand the inner part of the mould to as smooth as possible, using sand papers and then finally with normal car polish material. With a mould ready, it will be an easy job, just apply the fibreglass into the smoothed out inner side of the mould and wait for it to dry, then you have it.

To custom fit a ready made kits is much easier alternatives, it will mostly require you to lengthen or shortened the existing size, and you need some brain twisting and storming of ideas to how to solve this matter, you know how the fibreglass is made, problem is how to use them. I cannot teach you here due to hard understanding, but remember to fully use your brain. So small stuffs, cardbox can be used to help design your stuffs.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i open this thread since i know many sifu around zth had done this, so i need experience on doing this, pls,all sifu pls share and help:adore::adore::adore:....

i currently bought 1 set of evo 5 brembo brake, front and rear.... but sadly, with rotor,calipers and rear brake hose only......my car condition is, full evo 4 front parts, rear with evo 3 (4wd)..... 5x114.3 all 4 wheels

my problem and question

1.) handbrake cable can just use evo 4 or my ori wira ?

2.) can brake hose use...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience