Hot Stuff!

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
After finishind the cucuk process, and apply the resin all over the clothe, apply a few layer more, depending on yourself, how thick you want your eyelids to be. I made 2-3 coatings only. Then let for it to dry, it may take 1 or more hours for it to dry up. Best, left it for half a day for total dry up.

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
I cannot wait long one, after 50 minutes, cannot tahan, hand itchy wanna look for the results already and very scared that this project might failed. So i kopek kopek the edge to find some where to strat off the peeling process. Here is how the fibreglass looks like after peeling off from the headlamps. Cannot see any results yet right? dont worry, wait in the next few steps. Did you see that there are stil some paper tapes sticking underneath? That is because the inside part of the fibreglass is not totally dry and hardened yet, me cannot wait ma that's why.

Reactions: แรนV

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
See the extra of the fibreglass and clothes? the furry area? that part you will have to cut off to get the shape, the reason why i ask to put more to the edge is that it enables you to cut off later on in the process, if you make it just enough, if later the end results the fibreglass is smaller, then headache ma. Always make extra, then you can trim it off.

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
The next step i didnt managed to take the pics. What you do it to grind off the style that you have drawn with an electric grinder, remember, always use an electric grinder, if you dont have, borrow or buy one, no grinder, then it is near impposible to cut off the edges nicely. Then I sand off the curface with a low grit sand paper to smooth out the surface, then spray with some colour so that I can see the real design and style of the eyelids, any imperfection, grind off until you satisfied.

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Forgot to tell you guys that the grinding process is actually the hardest part of all!

Here:

TADAAAA!!! the 80% completed results. Its on the car.

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Know why i said 80% only? because it is not really smooth yet. I will leave the smoothing and putty filling and spraying part to the spray shop, I am too lazy to do and since I am sending off to spray the same colour as the chassis colour, I might as well ask them to do the rest of the jobs.

Happy Trying!!!

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
To those thinking of taking up this project, remember to send us the photo of the end results and share it with the rest of the members. I did my fibreglass front grill too. But i did not tkae pics, they are basically the same process. But need some brain storming and twisting.

max1984

Known Member
Sep 17, 2004
S.Alam
www.akiwaautobahn.com
mmg keng lor..nice jobler dude..goodler..i oso wanna try to do..since got 2 months holidayz!! :P

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Full fuel subsidies for sub-RM5,000 monthly income earners?

Hahaha. All you f**ktards, told you BN means Barang Naik don't believe. Now ambik kau. The poor won't feel anything, they might make some money selling their quota away, RM10 for full tank.

The rich won't feel a thing, cause they will ask their driver who earns less than RM3000 to pump full tank for their Mercedes S320.

So, who die...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience