honda sm4 F20A DOHC's problem

skf

Known Member
May 8, 2005
darkemperor said:
something related to ignition, electrical or fuel problem.....take to a good mech and check everything....
already change distributor , fuel pump , fuel filter,relay ~~~~~~~~`:confused_smile:

skf

Known Member
May 8, 2005
mrbear said:
change engine?
ya, i already send my to the workshop which can use computer check
but after he check my car , he said engine no problem , has to check again ,
he said my engine situation like carburetor car :confused_smile:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Your speedometer/rev meter working fine or not?. or any symptom of meter niddle a bit 'gila' ka?. It may be due to the speed sensor, not calibrate speedometer vs. rev meter. That y normally if u changed gears, your rpm meter straight away go down to 0 and engine black-out.

Can be due to this also.

skf

Known Member
May 8, 2005
aja said:
Your speedometer/rev meter working fine or not?. or any symptom of meter niddle a bit 'gila' ka?. It may be due to the speed sensor, not calibrate speedometer vs. rev meter. That y normally if u changed gears, your rpm meter straight away go down to 0 and engine black-out.

Can be due to this also.
my Speedometer back side got burn, is that reason?:shades_smile:
but so difficult to find used CB6 speedometer , coz the socket different with the cb3 de

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
skf said:
my Speedometer back side got burn, is that reason?:shades_smile:
but so difficult to find used CB6 speedometer , coz the socket different with the cb3 de
In such case, then just get your mechanic to check.

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
aja said:
In such case, then just get your mechanic to check.
yup, aja is right...another sensitive item which sometimes people forget...especially on honda..:confused_smile:

skf

Known Member
May 8, 2005

anyone can help me to find speedometer?? sarawak can't find it -_- :cry_smile:
below's speedometer is CB6 (the left socket smaller than cb1 de)

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
You in Serawak ka?. Then no komen...hard to find parts at Serawak, i guess.

Anyway, i got 1 solution to solve your problem to purchase the CB6 meter. Just call any of the these kedai potongs ..http://forum.myhavoc.net/index.php?showtopic=136. If got, later informed us here. Maybe we could help by purchase it on your behakf, pick-up those item the respective kedai potongs & courier to u. But of course payment-wise need to kawteem with the respective person who helping u la.

skf

Known Member
May 8, 2005
aja said:
You in Serawak ka?. Then no komen...hard to find parts at Serawak, i guess.

Anyway, i got 1 solution to solve your problem to purchase the CB6 meter. Just call any of the these kedai potongs ..http://forum.myhavoc.net/index.php?showtopic=136. If got, later informed us here. Maybe we could help by purchase it on your behakf, pick-up those item the respective kedai potongs & courier to u. But of course payment-wise need to kawteem with the respective person who helping u la.
thx !:_:
don't know can modify the meter or no?:regular_smile:

skndr_dm

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
Helo guys, i'm owner of accord CB3 with F20A engine. The car was limited edition SiT model. Different meter coz mine one is orange color with all black interior (dashboard,door panel). Bought the car 1.5 years ago so far no major problem. Only sometimes susah nak start when engine was hot. Pelik?? Changed distributor but problem sama jugak. In terms of FC, minyak kuat oooo for city driving. That car only suitable for balik kampung only i think. Minyak ada save skit+ very comfortable driving.
Sometimes thinking to swap to H22A but i'm consider also F20B (blue top) CF4 engine because the FC better. What u guys think? H22A or F20B? F20B got S-Matic gearbox right...that an extra point already. Some info got from web:
H22A FC: 10.7liter/100km
F20B FC: ~9liter/100km
F20A FC: ~10.4liter/100km :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've read it somewhere in ZTH that ppl have installed a custom switch that disables the fuel-pump. It got my attention but I wasn't able to find one in Penang. Someone kindly point me to the right direction. :)

Thanks in advance.

Oh and btw. Is it safe? As in will it 'accidentally' cut-off the fuel when you DON'T want it to? :shocked:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience