Honda Accord SM4

t4kak0

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
1) Anyone here konws Honda Accord SM4 1993 version (AUto) ,efi performance and some other additional information .

2) Can it upgrade to DOHC V-TEC?

Thanks for info .

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
same here. i'm also looking for similar info. i got a very high mileage sm4 and intend to either overhaul or get a halfcut. anybody here have any idea what type of halfcut suitable and the average price like?? thanx in advance.

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
swap it with a h22a from prelude bbx....for better performance n also fuel consumption....cost

rm3-3.5k h/cut + 1.5k installation + 1k (others such as timing belt,bearings,water pump,brake pad etc)

join myhavoc.net for information....

ahchi

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
SA
Yes, you can either get a H22A (DOHC V-TEC) from perlude or SV4 halfcut (prelude is better for SM4 cause it's cheaper) or you can get a CB3/4/5/6 F20A DOHC halfcut, <RM3k. The former is better in term of performance, VTEC and I think also the better fuel consumption, the latter is better in term of all the bodypart and dash board can fit nicely into SM4, just the engine without VTEC.

t4kak0

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
OK ok...thx for all the info here..n now, If wanna convert my sm4 to H22A , must I change other stuff such as mounting, n wiring also..can avoid do the wiring stuff? cz it's troblesm..hahah..besides..where can get H22A halfcut with nice price? thanks all Honda sifu..

accord21

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
t4kak0 said:
OK ok...thx for all the info here..n now, If wanna convert my sm4 to H22A , must I change other stuff such as mounting, n wiring also..can avoid do the wiring stuff? cz it's troblesm..hahah..besides..where can get H22A halfcut with nice price? thanks all Honda sifu..
hi there...just converted my sm4 (cb2 recon from Japan) to h22a 2 weeks ago..taken h22a from prelude bb4..i got manual..nice running and nice pick up..if u are using cb2..u need to change a little bit mounting...still waiting approval from JPJ...hopefully I get it..no regret until now..

t4kak0

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
But now my sm4 is auto ler....will it affect anything if i don't change anything..N accord21 , how's the fuel consumtion result? Yours is Vtec right?

accord21

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
t4kak0 said:
But now my sm4 is auto ler....will it affect anything if i don't change anything..N accord21 , how's the fuel consumtion result? Yours is Vtec right?
hi dude...my previous sm4 also auto..recond from Japan, 1.8 cc only. Type enjin was F18A...something likes Hornet F18 but run too slow hehehhe.. Now I'm using Vtec 2.2 Black Top run a bit faster than before with manual tranny...I think since u're using sm4, u need to change a little bit mounting...but if you want to plug and play, buy some sv4 and put CD6 H22A engine...that's plug n play.

Until now, still not counting regarding fuel consumption...actually dont know how to count that??? Is it just divide the RM with the KM how far you can go??? thnks

Yesterday got AP (Custom form) for my engine and will proceed for next step...getting approval from the Bank...huuhuuh so exhausted maaaa...nevermind as long as..VTEC inside...

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
accord21 said:
hi dude...my previous sm4 also auto..recond from Japan, 1.8 cc only. Type enjin was F18A...something likes Hornet F18 but run too slow hehehhe.. Now I'm using Vtec 2.2 Black Top run a bit faster than before with manual tranny...I think since u're using sm4, u need to change a little bit mounting...but if you want to plug and play, buy some sv4 and put CD6 H22A engine...that's plug n play.

Until now, still not counting regarding fuel consumption...actually dont know how to count that??? Is it just divide the RM with the KM how far you can go??? thnks

Yesterday got AP (Custom form) for my engine and will proceed for next step...getting approval from the Bank...huuhuuh so exhausted maaaa...nevermind as long as..VTEC inside...
bump for ur mod,ur car,ur engine & ur spirit!!!!

happy modding bro!:baring_teeth:

accord21

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
hello bro 5115...thanks. btw what car u're using now..??? Type-r rite???emmm can you share something to us about ur experiences esp how to make our buddy more powerful eventhough just using NA engine???

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
huh???who told u tat i owned a type R?previously i got a stock putra,yhen wira wif VR4 240 then went to work in china,after tat buy myself a SEG when i was back.

actually my bro r planning to get a car after he came back from japan,he work in a chop shop.initially he think of get a E36 318i,but i suggested tat MR-2 or SV4 (price range is roughly the same) is more suitable for us.tats y im here to study a bit honda knowledge from u guys...

where do u live?come out for tt if possible...

accord21

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
no...pls dont let this thread dead...huhuhu...all hH22a owners...pls make it this thread happening like before...

sori bro..i thought u hv a honda buddy..btw that is very interesting when u understudy about honda...nice job dude...I'm living at kedah...and maybe can't join the TT session huuhuhu..just waiting ur story from the TT

t4kak0

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
5115 said:
huh???who told u tat i owned a type R?previously i got a stock putra,yhen wira wif VR4 240 then went to work in china,after tat buy myself a SEG when i was back.

actually my bro r planning to get a car after he came back from japan,he work in a chop shop.initially he think of get a E36 318i,but i suggested tat MR-2 or SV4 (price range is roughly the same) is more suitable for us.tats y im here to study a bit honda knowledge from u guys...

where do u live?come out for tt if possible...
HAhaha..I own a seG now also ler..thinking of getting BT but got to save $$ 1st..no $$ no talk..hahaha..anyway,wat engine u using now for ur seg?

Wa...then ur wira is from Gallant h/c 1 lor..isiit ?hehe..So rich lar u all..
OH..E36 not bad wat..FR car plus ur bro wrk in halfcut shop sure can get the best 1 ..anyway, not so interested of western car..hehehehe..I sure get MR 2 lor ..stil waiting wat..haha..

yuPz..me oso wanna learn Honda knowledge from all the honda sifu here..actually tat SM4 is not mine lar..just my dad say he wanna convert 2 H22A ma..then from there can learn some some lo..aikz...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yo Sifus...

Here I am, driving Wira 1.5 Auto. I planned to convert to 5 speed Manual tranny. So few questions regarding manual tranny are:

1. What's the RPM when the car speed at 90Km/h ? (Which Gear? )
2. What's the RPM when the car speed at 120Km/h?
3. Possible to conver my 1.5A Gearbox to 1.6A Gearbox? due to 4 speed auto...
4. What's the possible problem in future when I convert to Manual tranny?
5. Price to convert? inclusive labour....

Thank You SIfus... Greatly appreciate it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience