Honda CRZ vs Suzuki Swift Sport (2005 -2010)..!!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
A real story just happened few weeks back. Cucuked by a T number plate blue swift (believed is swift sport or engine touched). Outside fairly stock. 180km/h at most karak highway can't even pull it away. Respect to the driver. End up with I have to downshift after corners then can start pull away a bit at 190-200km/h on short straight road and start maintain the increment after 210km/h. When reach the police hot spot then I have to slow down and let it passed. CRZ pending of faith. Never under estimate a swift sport. Exit cornering speed at 160-170km/h looks like not so difficult. I believe straight road can go for at least 190km/h cuz it can maintain the distance at 180km/h (GPS speed) and slowly close up the distance.

But if you ask me which one to buy, then definitely CRZ cuz not 'too' overpriced like other cars due to the tax policy on hybrid cars.
I believe as for Honda CR-Z it will have lots of performance upgrades if compare to Swift.
Swift Sports is indeed not a car to be looked down at, but I still will go for CR-Z cuz is Honda
and more performance upgrades can be done to improve it further...

Though K20A in a CR-Z seems mouth-watering but not many can afford that transplant or would
sacrifice their new engine for it. Depends on individual preference at the end of the day.

What car were you driving?
I guess he is driving CR-Z since he mentioned real story experienced with swift sports :smile:

ckyee22

Mar 14, 2009
Thanks for sharing the story....
I what i know is swift sport in Malaysia only come with Pearl White and yellow...
Maybe the blue swift tailgate you is the modded normal swift...unlikely is from Singapore Swift sport since the plate no. starting with "T"..
And CRZ for me definitely is a fantastic car...!!

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Why not the new 2012 Swift Sport?
I assume it's still cheaper then the CRZ?

134 bhp
160 nm
1070 kg
6 speed MT
Bro...So far Suzuki malaysia didn't have any news for the new swift sport and don't know will bring over to Malaysia .or not..:banghead:

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
maybe the swift is snail powered... that's why.. but I know the driver definitely have balls of steel.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

these are some of the result i tried using this product, Optimum Power Clean
paint surface safe as well

1 day after 50/50 for a ONR cleaned combine with OPC, the right side is untouched, raining, to b clear the water start to hav some beading while the dity part stick the water together collecting dust

how about car interior? leather seats? no problem...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience