Honda civic 2.0 or mitsubishi lancer gt 2.0?

Nov 2, 2013
Hi, im planning tu buy a new car yet could decide upon which one.would be best if anyone in the forum could give me a little help here.

Im planning to buy honda civic 2.0 model 2011 but it seem now they are not selling any new stock for model 2011 anymore and im not fond to look for used car since i dont want to risk paying for other ppl problems later on with constantly semding the car for maintenance. Since they dont sell new civic 2.0 inthe market anymore, so iam also looking on lancet gt2.0. But between this 2 cars which would be better?
Im looking more on performance wise and look good on the design. Ive set my budget at around 130k. So if there any car that anyone here think there better choices than these two car please do suggest. Thankyou.

Pazz

Jun 2, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Better get an inspira, same engine, same power as per lancer gt and better handling too compared to lancer gt. The mitsu engineer is trying to get the handling from proton because it is more comfy and firmer -ie better than mitsu handling. Interior is same..value for money..hehe why pay more? Just my 2 cents on this..cheers!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Probably Civic FD is better. With the availability of Inspira, 2nd hand value of Lancer GT will drop more than before. Transmission wise, Lancer GT is known for gearbox overheating issues after prolonged usage on high speed as it is using CVT gearbox unlike Civic FD which uses a conventioned 5 speed torque converter. For handling, most probably Civic FD is better as Honda is known for making good FWD cars. 18 inch tyres for stock Lancer GT rims costs more too. Just my 2 cents.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Probably Civic FD is better. With the availability of Inspira, 2nd hand value of Lancer GT will drop more than before. Transmission wise, Lancer GT is known for gearbox overheating issues after prolonged usage on high speed as it is using CVT gearbox unlike Civic FD which uses a conventioned 5 speed torque converter. For handling, most probably Civic FD is better as Honda is known for making good FWD cars. 18 inch tyres for stock Lancer GT rims costs more too. Just my 2 cents.

This, plus the Civic looks better still.

zender28

Nov 2, 2013
I thought of inspira becus its cheap but than it proton, is it reliable enuf to compare with civic.
On the market civic i heard from a friend that in the market civic 2.0 is only fd in bodykit and the engine is not. So by saying honda civic fd, do u mean the japan spec?

Stephen1978

Apr 22, 2007
Hi,

Go for Civic 2.0cc. I'm driving one. In fact I know
a friend of mine is letting go his Civic 2.0.
He is working as white collar job, car park under shade.

Interested, let me know.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
This, plus the Civic looks better still.
Civic looks more modern and sporty. Reminiscent of DC5. For Lancer, it looks fierce and aggressive in it's own way.

Everrryyy singleeee possstsss in every forum. "Just my 2 cents"...This sentence is over-used!
Hmm, then next time I'll put in my humble opinion then.

I thought of inspira becus its cheap but than it proton, is it reliable enuf to compare with civic.
On the market civic i heard from a friend that in the market civic 2.0 is only fd in bodykit and the engine is not. So by saying honda civic fd, do u mean the japan spec?
What you mean? If I am not mistaken, the FD 1.8 uses a R series Honda engine while the 2.0 uses a K series engine which is in the same series with the FD2R engine. Same series/family of engine but still different.

The 1.8 litre uses the SOHC R18A engine that produces around 140hp while the 2.0 litre uses the DOHC K20Z2 engine that produces around 155hp. The FD2R is using the DOHC K20A engine that produces around 220hp.

Reactions: RR 46

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Endless battle between choosing car? Haha.
Civic my choice. Honda fans.
Mitsu then i will buy evo only.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Civic looks more modern and sporty. Reminiscent of DC5. For Lancer, it looks fierce and aggressive in it's own way.

Hmm, then next time I'll put in my humble opinion then.

What you mean? If I am not mistaken, the FD 1.8 uses a R series Honda engine while the 2.0 uses a K series engine which is in the same series with the FD2R engine. Same series/family of engine but still different.

The 1.8 litre uses the SOHC R18A engine that produces around 140hp while the 2.0 litre uses the DOHC K20Z2 engine that produces around 155hp. The FD2R is using the DOHC K20A engine that produces around 220hp.
Next time put Just my 3 cents. Something new :rofl:

Well, now the new Civic both using SOHC already...but HP still the same for the 2.0L civic.
Still I prefer the old model design rather than the current one...Not much aggressiveness like its predecessors...Design of the US Spec Civic Si...getting backdated design where other countries already using for years. :frown:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Everrryyy singleeee possstsss in every forum. "Just my 2 cents"...This sentence is over-used!
Just my 2 testicles...

Hi,

Go for Civic 2.0cc. I'm driving one. In fact I know
a friend of mine is letting go his Civic 2.0.
He is working as white collar job, car park under shade.

Interested, let me know.
Buy a brand new Proton Inspira 2.0. Its brand new, no dried sperm on the seats for sure, plus it has leather seats, you can wipe off your own if you ever leave some on the seat.

For a sedan, the handling on the Proton isn't bad, its pretty stable. If you're going touge then the Civic FD is better than the Proton, otherwise won't make a huge difference for normal street driving.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
with the introduction of Inspira, buying Lancer is redundant.
Unless you really want Honda badge..which is overpriced in Malaysia..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Next time put Just my 3 cents. Something new :rofl:

Well, now the new Civic both using SOHC already...but HP still the same for the 2.0L civic.
Still I prefer the old model design rather than the current one...Not much aggressiveness like its predecessors...Design of the US Spec Civic Si...getting backdated design where other countries already using for years. :frown:
Next time put just my 2 dollars or 2 bucks.

FD Civic 2.0 is using DOHC K series engine which I am sure it has more potential than the newer SOHC R series engine.

I just hope that our market here will get a different Civic Type R than the turbocharged one that is seen going around Nurburgring. That one looked more like a replacement for the euro FN2R Civic since it's NA high revving engine failed the emission test over there. Hope Japan will come out with a sedan Civic Type R with NA engine.

Just my 2 testicles...

Buy a brand new Proton Inspira 2.0. Its brand new, no dried sperm on the seats for sure, plus it has leather seats, you can wipe off your own if you ever leave some on the seat.

For a sedan, the handling on the Proton isn't bad, its pretty stable. If you're going touge then the Civic FD is better than the Proton, otherwise won't make a huge difference for normal street driving.
Creative enough. :rofl:

Wait, I thought Lancer GT had leather seats too?

with the introduction of Inspira, buying Lancer is redundant.
Unless you really want Honda badge..which is overpriced in Malaysia..
Now most 2nd hand Lancer are selling around the same price with second hand Inspira as well. I'll go for Inspira if you ask me to choose between Lancer or Inspira. At least you can opt for a manual transmission which is not available among other new C segment cars like Corolla Altis, Civic, Sylphy, Mazda 3, Lancer....

zender28

Nov 2, 2013
Any hyundai elantra owners here? Hows the elantra 1.8 compare to civic 1.8..the look n design on elantra have a good look on it..the interiors looks not bad too compare to civc..n hyundai suppose to have good suspension..but performance wise which better?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Any hyundai elantra owners here? Hows the elantra 1.8 compare to civic 1.8..the look n design on elantra have a good look on it..the interiors looks not bad too compare to civc..n hyundai suppose to have good suspension..but performance wise which better?
Performance of course the Civic would be better. Just look at the history of how Honda developed their FWD car's handling. Honda knows their stuff well.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

very simple only..seal your woofer box completely....
make sure there is no air coming out from the box when your woofer kicks hard....

there are 2 way you seal a woofer box
1)use silicon sealant or glue gun to seal ever corners of your box

2)use double sided tape and stick it on the back subwoofer speaker round frame(refer to the picture), stick into a compklete round shape..and then screw it back tighly into your box...this way you can minimize/seal the small gap in between you box and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience