inprove your BASS

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
very simple only..seal your woofer box completely....
make sure there is no air coming out from the box when your woofer kicks hard....

there are 2 way you seal a woofer box
1)use silicon sealant or glue gun to seal ever corners of your box

2)use double sided tape and stick it on the back subwoofer speaker round frame(refer to the picture), stick into a compklete round shape..and then screw it back tighly into your box...this way you can minimize/seal the small gap in between you box and your speaker.....

then plug it back and you are ready to feel you subwoofer that kick even harder now....

*why seal all the gaps? no air will be release from the box will make thesubwoofer rebound less thus more solid

p/s- try to press your woofer and check wheter there;s any woof woof noise..if yes..there's still air coming out..if no then get ready to kick it hard

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
but bro, im not too sure bout this though.. but im pretty sure when they make a box for the woofer... the whole there has its purpose... :huh:

just my opinion, dun shoot me

KSL

500 RPM
Nov 6, 2004
Subang
Visit site
that box you are talking about is called a seal type box. there are many kinda subs, boxes have a range as well. seal type, vented, double vented, etc. however, yeah, for the seal box, if you do seal it completely it would cut out rattles for those heavy blasters.
btw, there are a few programs used by sound engineers to determine the optimal box size/shape/type. but if you get a competition woofer, should be stated on the site wut kinda enclosure should it be mounted on.
:D

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
Originally posted by KSL@Nov 28 2004, 12:28
that box you are talking about is called a seal type box. there are many kinda subs, boxes have a range as well. seal type, vented, double vented, etc. however, yeah, for the seal box, if you do seal it completely it would cut out rattles for those heavy blasters.
btw, there are a few programs used by sound engineers to determine the optimal box size/shape/type. but if you get a competition woofer, should be stated on the site wut kinda enclosure should it be mounted on.
:D
ops..heheheh

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
Originally posted by xtorm@Nov 28 2004, 19:51
dun use glue gun wor......

on a very hot day the glue may melt n mess ur sub boxler......
silicon glue leh?
cos i'm usins silicon glue actualy..

i tot glue gun would be easier ma

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Originally posted by alantan+Nov 28 2004, 20:24 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (alantan @ Nov 28 2004, 20:24 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xtorm@Nov 28 2004, 19:51
dun use glue gun wor......

on a very hot day the glue may melt n mess ur sub boxler......
silicon glue leh?
cos i'm usins silicon glue actualy..

i tot glue gun would be easier ma [/b][/quote]
yep, normally they use silicon glue.

best would b ask some 1 to custom made the box, n the time they r installing, ask them to put in some wood glue between the joint, then do 1 more layer of silicon glue inside.

Angelz

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by khguan@Nov 28 2004, 23:03
my car no subwoofer box wor... just use my entire boot as box...

of cos de bass at high vol cant fight those with box wan lar... :P
:huh: dude.. wat woofer u using? ;) kinda curious.. :)

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
Originally posted by Angelz+Nov 29 2004, 05:30 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Angelz @ Nov 29 2004, 05:30 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-khguan@Nov 28 2004, 23:03
my car no subwoofer box wor... just use my entire boot as box...

of cos de bass at high vol cant fight those with box wan lar... :P
:huh: dude.. wat woofer u using? ;) kinda curious.. :) [/b][/quote]
free air?

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
have you guys heard of polystyrene beads? those used in filling the cushions or dolls...

heard that putting some of these beads inside the box will improve the bass. The mass to use is very important.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai..sory to disturb.did anybody know whats the different btween MAP and AFM for 1.6 4agze supercharger?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience