HID Xenon light

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Guys,
Just like to tell you guys that I just modded my headlight into HID Xenon 8000K. The results is fantastic. :_: In the night Its so bright I could even see the sidewalk. Of course I adjusted the level so that on coming cars won't be glared by it. You guys should consider this mod.

The most important thing you guys should take note is, take a good look at your car's headlight before purchase. I learn it through the hard way. I checked on the website that says our coupe is using 9006 size. Guess what, after I bought the kit and found out during installation mine was H1 size :cry_smile: . Ended up have to buy another kit and now the 9006 sitting in the corner...sign..:frown:. Just to warn you guys.

end of my report.

Ace

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
the report only valid if it comes with photos. :biggrin:

Yu did try HID before, but according to him, not much different, that's why he stick with Halogen.

How much is the set and what brand you buy? How did you handle the lamp cap? you drill a hole or how?
RD1 light is a bit too dim for current standard.

Last edited:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Ace, I heard that there are several grades of HID that range from RM1k to RM8k. What's the difference?

It's good to upgrade to better lighting system for RD1.
It's hard to see at night with the standard lights and furthermore my Coupe came without the spotlight...:confused_smile:

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Are you sure there is not much different? Its huge different as earlier I'm using aftermarket bulb too.

Yeap..you need to drill a hole on the cap behind. But the kit I bought comes with rubber 'holder' kit (what you call this? I don't know). Where you just have to drill a matching size and just snap right on.

I bought EAGLE EYE which imported solely from KOREA. Thats why i'm confident on buying it. :) The price is RM610 include poslaju. Its definately a huge huge different on brightness.

You have to excuse me on the photo lah..My digicam broke down on me. Thats why I can't take all my new mods and show it to you all. Let me see if I can borrow one. Alternatively, you can drop by penang. :)

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Daniel,
you got some typo error there. RM1k to RM8K everybody will run away as it is so expensive :)

Its the lighting color that you are refering to. 8000K is the nicest of all. It is almost white with a little of blueish. Damn..if only I have my digicam working. Looks like got to buy one asap. This is a major improvement as you will be surprise by it.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Oh...the best things is I changed my dimmer light bulb to LED as well. So it looks damn cool during the night together with the HID.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Ace, the white and blueish lighting effect is it something similar to those found on the latest Merc E-Class?

How much for the installation?
Do we need to do any grounding or wiring?

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Daniel,

yeap..you are right

As I know the accerossies shop owner well. He only charge me RM30 for the installation. As for the kit it is a complete bolt on as it comes with proper fittings that our car can just snap right in. Only the back cap need to drill a slightly large than 50cts coin size. The kit is quite high quality built as I notice the socket is made from AMP brand which reknown for its quality.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Ace, i wanna see your HID .... with RM610 include poslaju.... i can install it at October/November.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
hehe..somebody is getting ichy..:biggrin:

let me see if I can get a digicam to take it.

oh ya..the lightning color on the lens itself is something like the GTR33 on the banner above but more whitish.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
er...I just bought one unit from the seller through website and I don't think you can get bulk purchase as it already in discounted price.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
good news..just checked. it now reduce to RM560 and add on the poslaju only cost RM580. :)

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Ace said:
hehe..somebody is getting ichy..:biggrin:

let me see if I can get a digicam to take it.

oh ya..the lightning color on the lens itself is something like the GTR33 on the banner above but more whitish.
GRRRRRrrr,damn itchy already,

let me finish the other small project first.

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Ace, mind sharing the info with me ... Does it fit in for RD2? I nd to view the website and the information... Are you all talking abt HID or Angel Eyes now? confused liao lar...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bros,i just put semi lock lsd in my gb and having prob to find drive shaft left & right.
Any ideas from what kinds of drive shaft i can use similar with E3 semi lsd drive shaft.Tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience