HELP: Which clutch to buy?

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
hi ppl...my clutch slipped yesterday while on my way back to Ipoh. still managed to crawl back to KL this morning and i guess i need to change the whole clutch set coz i might cause some damages to the clutch cover as well...:(

my question is, which brand of clutch its best for evo 9? since my wife is driving the car as well, i would prefer something not so heavy on the left foot but is able to handle something less than 400whp. any suggestion n would appreciate the pricing and wher to get them as well. thanks in advance

mynnDAWG

2,000 RPM
Jul 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.worlddj.com
go for ori OEM clutch if u dont have plan to mod up to 400whp...whp not hp...

OEM still the best feeling...if u have slightly bigger budget...go for LA Clutch by HKS

khsim

Known Member
Apr 16, 2009
better go true OEM clutch...heavy duty n the pedal not so heavy....i bought e6 clutch cover,plate,bearing original mmc is about rm12++ but not sure for e9....if possible u just change together with the flywheel n drive sharf oil seal....:biggrin:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
if u want twin plate...i have 1 set of HKS GT Pro twin plate......used one...u need to buy 2 pcs of disc and then a pc of bearing....

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
OEM clutch cant stand your power bro.. it will slipped in the future
go for OGURA super single... gold Colour cover..... price is reasonable i think...... and its not that heavy....... if u have budget go for OGURA twin metal

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
Ong, I recommend OS Giken Twin Plate R2CD (Gold Cover)...feel like 10% harder than OEM, no squeaking at low rev, the bearing sound quite decent. Can stand up to 600hp.

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
if got budget go for carbon clutch... hehehehehe

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Hi guys,

I would like to have some info about buying clutch…
Let say I buy the clutch kit, is there a clutch bearing include? Or separately
I ask about OGURA, HKS, Exeddy also doesn’t include the clutch bearing.
I assume when we change clutch we need to change the bearing also???
Some mechanic ask to reuse the bearing (but I doubt it)

Carbon clutch can last longer & smooth when changing gear?
Or giving more power?

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
wah seh...all poison starts coming in..carbon clutch is too exp for me...
heard d OS Giken r gr8 stuffs....still waiting for my bonus before getting them....:(

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
Hi guys,

I would like to have some info about buying clutch…
Let say I buy the clutch kit, is there a clutch bearing include? Or separately
I ask about OGURA, HKS, Exeddy also doesn’t include the clutch bearing.
I assume when we change clutch we need to change the bearing also???
Some mechanic ask to reuse the bearing (but I doubt it)

Carbon clutch can last longer & smooth when changing gear?
Or giving more power?

it depends bro, if u buy HKS clutch they only give u clutch cover, flywheel and clutch plate, if for Ogura depend what model u bought.. i bought Ogura twin metal and Ogura Twin Carbon . both come with a flywheel, clutch plate x2, clutch cover x2, clutch hose, release bearing, and clutch pump. its a set. im not sure about exceddy because i never bought them before.

you can use back your ori bearing.. shouldnt be any problem.. but is better to change due to maintainence purposes..
carbon clutch give u more grip, and and bite to the max when changing..... carbon clutch can launch hehehhe whereelse twin metal cant. u will burn the clutch....

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
hey guy,i want to ask that os giken twin plate TS2B overhaul set and bearing where got selling it??my clutch cover spoil,bearing jam and clutch pad finish...thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wanna share wit u all my car nearly stolen...happen in carefour wangsa maju....it happen in morning.....guy please be EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA careful !!.pls don't simply think ur car is safe when u leave it...these "fellows" randomly pick up any car.....guys let unite to "tapau this ###hole"...

p/s : kepada sahabat yg cuba nk curi kerete tu...bhati2 ye...watch out..jgn cari pasal dgn org yg salah....
igt baik2...
1st 2nd 5th...maybe kau selamat....nnt...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience