HELP: Where to find CT9A roofing lining?

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
yesterday on the way to Ipoh, my right roof lining (connecting front windscreen to roof n all the way to the rear windscreen) flew away while doing some high speed cruising...saw that bugger flown n unable to stop n retrieve it as there were a 335i chasing my ass. anyone has any idea where i can get the replacement with new clips? thanks in advance...

edit: Its call "Drip Moulding"

Last edited:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
yesterday on the way to Ipoh, my right roof lining (connecting front windscreen to roof n all the way to the rear windscreen) flew away while doing some high speed cruising...saw that bugger flown n unable to stop n retrieve it as there were a 335i chasing my ass. anyone has any idea where i can get the replacement with new clips? thanks in advance...
Hi Ong,
how fast you go until the rubber flew... must be more then 200kmh???
what's the max speed you logged?

you may use this link to find the item you need... just a suggestion...(link given by pabloman)
AutoCenter.net

Mugenz

Known Member
Dec 19, 2003
yeah..anyone can lead to the source..im looking for one too..

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
yeah..anyone can lead to the source..im looking for one too..
hi Mugenz,

you might try the Mitsubishi Centre in Malaysia...(direct call and request to spare parts department)
provide them the correct part number or correct name...

it might take minimum 60 days if the part have to order from Japan. (Quoted by them).

Mugenz

Known Member
Dec 19, 2003
thanks pangyau. Any idea what's the correct name and part no. for roof lining? haha :stupid:

bro ongteckweng, u got the batu caves contact no. from kenzo? can u plzz pm me?
thanks..

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
thanks pangyau. Any idea what's the correct name and part no. for roof lining? haha :stupid:

Its call "Drip Moulding" (quoted by ong)
you may use the link given to search correct name and part number i don't know la...sorry.

you may call the center and ask them about it. the spare parts department will help you out.
since i also new into this CT9A parts.... kinda hard to find parts compare to my previous car (local product).

might be you can contact other sifu to help you out...

teek

Known Member
Jan 20, 2008
hi ,

i changed the roof moulding b4 . it cost me RM400++ each , and the clip is same with wira / waja. will try to find out the part number for you.....!

Evolution_tme

Known Member
Sep 29, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i lost 3 or my "roof linings during speeding on the highway"

each cost me 450 bucks..

i got fed-up and the fourth one i glue it using the windscreen glue....clip itself is not enough to prevent it from flying..after glue-ing it...no more problem whatsoever passing 200km/h

anyway...u can order the parts from ur nearest sparepart shop. I order mine in ss19/6 sparepart shop. slightly more expensive

the best way since u using evo 7,8 and 9 u can go to PROTON "EON" service center in glenmarie....(not avalaible for evo 6 and below)...they have original mitsubishi parts there...and if iam not mistaken for evo 7 above they are only selling for around RM 280 each.

Last edited:

teek

Known Member
Jan 20, 2008
u mean the black glue for windscreen? ic... next time should try it.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
evo tme...good advice...the only downside will b all the clips will b broken if u r going to change ur windscreen but since the clips r much much more cheaper than the drip moulding, i guess its a good way to keep them intact. will try EON Glenmarie next week. its possible they hv them since Evo 9 was sold locally by MMM

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If first impressions weighed in more than a blonde’s opinion on the gross national product of a third world nation, the Volkswagen Scirocco 1.4 TSI would certainly leave more than just a lasting impression in your gleaming eyes.

Next to the Golf that it’s based on, it looks a whole lot better, like Megan Fox next to Ashlee Simpson, attractive nonetheless but just not quite up to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience