Help! How to take this air-cond grill out?

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
i think use screwdriver gua ..... but dunno la .... go do some inspection .... open the glove box n observe maybe u need to remove the whole lower panel b4 taking out the grill

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
you can use a screwdriver to take it out

but if not mistaken, there is actually two screws behind it
cannot remember already

why would u want to take it out?

R3l3orN

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2004
Kepong, KL
Visit site
I juz wanna inspect wat happen inside, coz i heard some weird sound likes "tak,tak,tak" coming out from the grill when i m driving on uneven road....

will try to dismantle it 2molo....thanks all

sky_lor

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
R3l3orN said:
I juz wanna inspect wat happen inside, coz i heard some weird sound likes "tak,tak,tak" coming out from the grill when i m driving on uneven road....

haha...i have the same problem too...some sound coming out from the dashboard...passenger side...when going through the road with lubang lubang...so far i still cant find out what's wrong with my dashboard.
what car are u driving?plz post it if u find the cuased of the problem ok?so that we can share our opinion in solving this similar problem...
but what i think is mayb something is longgar d...

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
i think almost all proton cars has this problem, mine too since last year....but how u know it is from air cond grill there?? never investigate about it before, and proton staff cannot find out what it is also (told more than 10 times to them already)

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
as if proton staff ever bother with those mini orchestra members in your car

wirafly

500 RPM
Mar 25, 2005
R3l3orN said:

my experience on my ex dash board is it actually came from the glove box's lock, try open the glove box and drive around, if no more sound then confirm the sound from there but not from your air cond vent

sky_lor

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
i tried before, take out the glove box then drive around...the sound is still there...i am not sure whether it is from the air con vent or not...but definately somewhere under the dash...really damn anoying problem...

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
sky_lor said:
i tried before, take out the glove box then drive around...the sound is still there...i am not sure whether it is from the air con vent or not...but definately somewhere under the dash...really damn anoying problem...
maybe some coins fell into the grille and caused the sound?

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
sky_lor said:
if u are driving wira, there is another small glove box on driver side...u can try to remove it and try again....my fren's car no more "tak tak tak" sound after he remove it and re-install it.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Made the following mods on my ATR....

- Apexi N1 Evolution exhaust (gives a nice rumble).
- Defi boost gauge
- SARD fuel regulator

This coming Saturday, I will be installing the Blitz i-color boost controller.

Ok, having installed the N1 I believe I have lost a bit of low end making city driving a bit more difficult as I have lost some back pressure which the auto does not seem to like....I'm hoping the boost controller will help with this as it will allow me to set boost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience