[DIY]Thermal Wrapping~Exhaust,Intake Piping,Aircon piping

LameSpeeder

Oct 10, 2006
Ingredients:
1.Thermal Wrap (30meters for whole exhaust system,15meters for header or turbo manifold)
2.Clips (the more clips the more secure n firm your wrapping will be)

Tools:
1.Long nose plier

Advantages:
Exhaust
1.Bring down temperature in your Engine Bay
2.Increase exhaust temperature for faster air flow velocity
3.Nicer n Tidy engine bay's looks

AIr con Piping
1.Minimize the engine heat interference with the air con piping which coolant flowing in it.Consistency of air con temperature

Intake Piping

1.Cooler intake air = Engine perform better and more constant.

WARNING!
This is a fibreglass based thermal wrap,It will cause itchyness when in contact with human skin.Gloves,Long sleeves and long pant are advised to be worn during the process.:itsme::itsme:

1.Place one end of your thermal wrap perpendicular to the piping you want and hold it

2.Wrap around it and make a 30degree turning

4.Let every wrapping overlap it by half of the thermalwrap's width. The 2nd Pic show you a wrong example without overlapping it.Yes it will save u some of the stuff but the finish product won't last long and it doesn't function cos there's a leak for heat dissipation.

5.Put your clips in...pull n Fully Tighten it (moderately pulling force cos the edge of the clip is kinda sharp)

6.Now take out ur long nose plier and really make sure ur clips is FULLY tighten!

7.Cut the the extra left over material,fold it back and fold again so that u can insert it back to the clips holder itself....after folded u may wanna hammer it abit to reassure that it's secure properly

Basically i've oredi briefly the necessary skill for this DIY...the rest of the wrapping just apply the similiar technic.Oh ya...you wanna ask me how many clips to use huh?yaya....i'll tell you more clips = more secure.But fren...agak agak lah :D

Finally!

I post this DIY doesn't mean i'm a pro in it...any question or doubt just post here,let's discuss!Enjoy The fun of Builiding ur own machine!:adore:

FOR MORE INFO,CHECK OUT OUR THREADS AT HERE
:driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver:

Last edited:

Tiburon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
bro nice work..:proud:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
yeap...nice work man! but did it smoke the first time you started up?

And everytime it gets wet?

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
yeap...nice work man! but did it smoke the first time you started up?

And everytime it gets wet?
every1 face this problem hehehe this is normal.....just the moisture inside the thermal wrap getting vaporize. no big deal ^^

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Bit Hisha...does it get that way like say heavy rain and then stuck in a jam...does it smoke? Or its a one time thing?

Kinda bad if in a traffice jam, the air con would be sucking the smoke in the car.

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
wrapping d air con hose is a must in our recently became hotter weather....became noticeably colder....wrap the part closer to the manifold most heat comes out from there.....

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
how much is the thermal wrap?
can check out our thread here

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/engine-and-performance/281443-wts-thermal-wrap-3.html

Bump:
Bit Hisha...does it get that way like say heavy rain and then stuck in a jam...does it smoke? Or its a one time thing?

Kinda bad if in a traffice jam, the air con would be sucking the smoke in the car.
normally after all the moisture contain inside the thermal wrap finish vaporize, u won't c the smoke again..... but if u said ur hood hv a big ventilation hole will b always kena water into it, then should b smoke all the time when it get wet ....but this is normal, the header without thermal wrap kena water also will hv smoke come out wat hehehe

but so far my friend tested on his car around 2 years ...just the 1st time get smoked ....after that til now never meet the smoke again.....even heavy jam in the heavy rain, also never get smoked !! hehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just to share with fellow members that shall you ever come to this part of town please becareful not to leave your car unattended as my car was broken into at 11am and i found out an hour later. Car is equipped with 6mil security tint and armed with clifford G5 which is also hooked to my horn. So sad to say that the dumb ass security didnt even know and denial hearing my alarm. The best part is the cleaners who were working at the floor above heard my alarm rang.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience