help! car jerking

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

scoupe

1,000 RPM
i need some help. few weeks ago my would suddenly jerk and the rpm would go to about 3000 and drop back.sometimes it went below its idle rpm and the engine would die. then recently it died and would not start. my mechanic said my fuel pump was spoilt. so i changed it. then today it started to jerk and the engine was idling up and down. after awhile it was ok. can anybody help me? my mechanic also cleaned and replace the fuel filter the last time.

r u driving a proton? if ur car is a fuel injection then it should be

ur throttle sensor or ISC (not sure the term) spoilt. It happen to proton car alot.

scoupe said:
i need some help. few weeks ago my would suddenly jerk and the rpm would go to about 3000 and drop back.sometimes it went below its idle rpm and the engine would die. then recently it died and would not start. my mechanic said my fuel pump was spoilt. so i changed it. then today it started to jerk and the engine was idling up and down. after awhile it was ok. can anybody help me? my mechanic also cleaned and replace the fuel filter the last time.

bro..plz be more specific..

if car rpm rev up n down....then up n down....then is ur ISC sensor.....Idle Speed Control sensor....get it clean wit carburetor/choke cleaner or stil cannot then muz tukar lo.....

famous for proton n mmc cars....

What year is your proton ? Most properly throttle body getting dirty and need to clean. Will not cost you more then Rm30 if get mech done for you....if you know then DIY

ehem ehem I think his car is a Hyundai

but anyway Mitsu engine is still the heart

not proton, hyundai

guys my car is a hyundai but alot of people say this model's engine is based on mitsu. sometimes when in idle. the rev goes up, then it drops, vibrate and return to its normal position. yesterday my mechanic adjusted the co sensor. he said if still got problem then must check crank sensor. what si a crank sensor? by the way throttle body cleaned already.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom