[Help!!] Alarm goes off without any reason

Sep 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Bro/Sis,

I owned a CRZ 2013 FL. The alarm has been going off without any reason lately. It went off randomly day and night. Brought it back to SC, yet they were not able to rectify the issue (maybe when i left my car for inspection in SC, it din't goes off:confused:)
Have read through some forums that it may possibly due to battery-dying OR the switch (connected to the alarm system) inside bonnet latch is malfunction. So I got my battery replaced as well as disconnected the bonnet switch to test it out.
It was OK for few days but today it started to goes off again!! This really makes me crazy :banghead:

Sifus, any idea?? or any recommended ACC shop that is knowledgeable and good in alarm system?

Please help~~ Thank you~~

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I had the same prob with my Wira last time, with sudden alarm blarring in the middle of the night. Initially thought of weak battery, the switch, etc. Trouble shot so many ways....
Bueh tahan....and lastly solved the problem replacing another set of alarm.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sorry, a dummy question. Do i have to replace the whole original remote key set if replacing with an aftermarket alarm system?
I'm guessing this is the original alarm. If yes, then yes, need to replace the whole jimbang everything.

Anyway, the alarm will only trigger for a few reasons (stock alarm) ; the door trigger spoilt, hood trigger spoilt, loose connectors, expansion and contraction of connectors or triggers.

I'll bet your car is parked outdoors? And it triggers during a hot day? Suggest you try DIY replace those triggers one by one. You'll get to it eventually. It's rare the alarm module itself is the problem. Check and look for loose connector and use contact cleaner to clean and manually tighten connectors / clamps.

Alarm troubleshooting is a pain in the ass. Especially if your car is an expensive car like yours.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
most probably just a door switch.
yours has less 2 door sonit makes troubleshooting a tad quicker.

i would remove all door switch and see if there is any malfunction or corrosion which can cause false trigger.
then chen its operating range.by range i mean how long does th switch has to be pressed in or out in order for the alarm to be trigger.
sometimes the switch is just pressed in just enough.the contact point just touch.the smallest movement/vibration/expansion/contraction/spark(its a switch with power supplied to it) will cause the alarm to be trigger.

last time oso happen on my waja.alarm went of at night.never happen during the day.at first i suspect the bonnet but after checking its still happen.
only notice whats wrong when i went through very rough road and notice that the cabin light flicker.it was the driver's door switch.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm guessing this is the original alarm. If yes, then yes, need to replace the whole jimbang everything.

Anyway, the alarm will only trigger for a few reasons (stock alarm) ; the door trigger spoilt, hood trigger spoilt, loose connectors, expansion and contraction of connectors or triggers.

I'll bet your car is parked outdoors? And it triggers during a hot day? Suggest you try DIY replace those triggers one by one. You'll get to it eventually. It's rare the alarm module itself is the problem. Check and look for loose connector and use contact cleaner to clean and manually tighten connectors / clamps.

Alarm troubleshooting is a pain in the ass. Especially if your car is an expensive car like yours.
Do you means the door switch mentioned by bro. gunnerzz? because mine only bonnet have extra switch, where boot and doors run by light switch....:rolleyes:

moonless-x-

Sep 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks guys for the advises!
That's a very good point. Besides cabin light, there is a message indicates that the door is open, but i couldn't realize any of these indicators were flickering/on when I was on the rough road. Can I conclude that is not related to the door switches/sensors?

@DanzEterna, thanks for the suggestion, will try it out. Btw, anything to do with the remote? I'm able to arm/disarm the alarm as usual using the 'old' 1.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Alarm going off for no reason is really annoying for the car owner, and the poor neighbors....worst if the have babies at home....

Better not play play with alarm. Either it is a false alarm or not.

Dont want it to malfunction when the thief wanted to curi the car, do we?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Alarm going off for no reason is really annoying for the car owner, and the poor neighbors....worst if the have babies at home....

Better not play play with alarm. Either it is a false alarm or not.

Dont want it to malfunction when the thief wanted to curi the car, do we?
Not counting the sleepless nights......hhahhahahhahhaa

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
That's a very good point. Besides cabin light, there is a message indicates that the door is open, but i couldn't realize any of these indicators were flickering/on when I was on the rough road. Can I conclude that is not related to the door switches/sensors?

@DanzEterna, thanks for the suggestion, will try it out. Btw, anything to do with the remote? I'm able to arm/disarm the alarm as usual using the 'old' 1.
like bro danz said...could happen.wear and tear on the button or jammed button.
again,it happen to me.well my mom wira to be exact.
car lock and unlock itself at night.it happen at night as that is the time the car is park in the porch close to the remote inside the house.
there are car thuef using code reader to intercept the signal transfer by yr remote but imho if its thief yr car will be gone already.same tech used by thief to intercept yr autogate signal.

on the switch,u have to test one by one.in my case the cabin light flicker as the switch is in bad shape already.
yours could be in better shape.its easy..well at least on my ride.just disconnect the switch one at a time and test it.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

There's a few possibilities.

The door switch/trigger or boot trigger or hood trigger is not seated properly and just needs some minor adjustments. If hood or boot, just loosen the trigger switch bolts, push the switch higher then lock it down in that position. For the doors loosen the door latches (need very good tools to do this otherwise it'll spoil the nut and you don't want that) and push it inwards a bit and lock it down. Try closing the door and test to see the best position for the door to close with a solid thunk and have minimal or zero gap. I'm thinking when the car cools down and everything starts to contract, the trigger switch probably moves to a point where it's no longer in contact with the hood/boot/doors and triggers the alarm.

The other possibility is one of the trigger switches needs replacing. You can only one by one replace these triggers. One of the tests you can do is to disable the hood and boot triggers to see if the alarm still triggers. If yes then it's one of the doors.

The last thing I can think of is you should inspect your doors, windows, boot, hood, everything and look for tampering. If someone tried to break in and was unsuccessful, it possibly could have damaged something causing the intermittent alarm triggers. Look for any tell tale signs like screw driver pry dents, uneven surfaces, etc.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
or u could try taping your door hinge/hook, whatever u call it with black PVC tape.
happen to my previous SGTI, the rear boot hinge had to be taped, if not the door ajar light will appear. quite common on hatchback though.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
I do notice most of the new Hondas got this problem when they parked in the sun-burning open areas....dunno why...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I do notice most of the new Hondas got this problem when they parked in the sun-burning open areas....dunno why...
I think it applies to any car - expansion and contraction. My Myvi had this issue until I adjusted the door latch to close tighter and hey presto, problem resolved.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

weird problem .....help!

sum problem tat occurs in my car today oni...roughly 1 week i never start my engine at all d,im using 63t evo...just now i went to warming up my engine....ok i let it run....until certain time...i ram my car lor by stepping fuel, if i ram higher....i can see sum smokes come out from my exhaust as well as when i release the paddle too..but when i let the car idle without ram....no smoke at all wo...!! ok....at first i tot of longtime never start d,maybe full...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience