Hammer to break windows in emergencies

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
So, yes, please test breaking your security tint and report to us (even if to spite me), preferably with video evidence. Otherwise, your last post, as like your previous posts, are unhelpful because they do not contribute to new information.
Spite you ? I have better things to do.

I didn't get anything useful from Salim's comments, to be honest, irrespective of his position as a SAR personnel or whether he spoke about the ResQMe's attributes on sec tints with confidence.

Unless he actually did some scientific tests on security tints, it's all rhetorical and I do not bet my life on mere rhetoric.

The ResQMe will work on non-security tinted tempered glass. That at least is proven, otherwise I would not have spend good money on a bunch of them and trusted them enough to give to family members.

And while you may be eager for me to report on ResQMe test results on the sec tint on my car, you should be completely aware of few things just so that people do not get the wrong idea :-

1. The results will only be applicable to the security tint on my car

2. There is absolutely no warranty that it will perform in the same manner with sec tints from other makes.

3. Even amongst sec tint from the same make, there are different levels and grades of protection. Obviously, all things being equal, a tougher grade will affect things differently.

4. If I do report on the results (and I may not for liability reasons) you rely them on your own risk. There is absolutely no warranty or guarantee that the results are representative to any and all circumstances. I'm not some nationally sanctioned, qualified or certified standards and test body and this is not even remotely a representation of the product's effectiveness or ineffectiveness. You have been warned.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

See if I can spot any idiot driver that is in my list of idiot drivers one day. Can try on their windows and see if it works :thefinger:
I can tell you that sparkplug ceramic thing worked on tempered glass. I wouldn't have believe it had I not seen it myself. We had a condemned car at a friend's workshop an threw a steel ball bearing and then piece of the ceramic at the side window.

The ball bearing kept bouncing off without doing any damage. That light piece of ceramic exploded the the window. Amazing.

Still, sometimes it took several tries to get the desired result. Not something you rely on in an emergency. Get the ResQMe and hang one on your keychain.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Spite you ? I have better things to do.

I didn't get anything useful from Salim's comments, to be honest, irrespective of his position as a SAR personnel or whether he spoke about the ResQMe's attributes on sec tints with confidence.

Unless he actually did some scientific tests on security tints, it's all rhetorical and I do not bet my life on mere rhetoric.

The ResQMe will work on non-security tinted tempered glass. That at least is proven, otherwise I would not have spend good money on a bunch of them and trusted them enough to give to family members.

And while you may be eager for me to report on ResQMe test results on the sec tint on my car, you should be completely aware of few things just so that people do not get the wrong idea :-

1. The results will only be applicable to the security tint on my car

2. There is absolutely no warranty that it will perform in the same manner with sec tints from other makes.

3. Even amongst sec tint from the same make, there are different levels and grades of protection. Obviously, all things being equal, a tougher grade will affect things differently.

4. If I do report on the results (and I may not for liability reasons) you rely them on your own risk. There is absolutely no warranty or guarantee that the results are representative to any and all circumstances. I'm not some nationally sanctioned, qualified or certified standards and test body and this is not even remotely a representation of the product's effectiveness or ineffectiveness. You have been warned..
Boy, you talk too much. Just do the test already. No need to put disclaimer, warning, tips, helpful hints, theoretical evidence, suggestions ...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
See if I can spot any idiot driver that is in my list of idiot drivers one day. Can try on their windows and see if it works :thefinger:
ha! ha! test on his car.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

I can tell you that sparkplug ceramic thing worked on tempered glass. I wouldn't have believe it had I not seen it myself. We had a condemned car at a friend's workshop an threw a steel ball bearing and then piece of the ceramic at the side window.

The ball bearing kept bouncing off without doing any damage. That light piece of ceramic exploded the the window. Amazing.

Still, sometimes it took several tries to get the desired result. Not something you rely on in an emergency. Get the ResQMe and hang one on your keychain.
Could be the point of impact. If ceramic sharp point hits the glass it will break.
Just like a bigger piece of stone hit one of my friends front windscreen but bounce off and another had a smaller stone hit his windscreen and it cracked....

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I am with FVel on this. The matter isnt about the hammer alone, but the securitint too. If a securitint can prevent others from trying so hard to break it, we might encounter the same problem too if one day we really have to break the glass. There is nothing certain on this. The ResQMe or SAR or whatever safety expert would not be sure that you can really break the securitint with this hammer. Not to mention also the force that the user can apply to utilize the hammer.

Tempered glass itself is very hard but it isnt difficult to break. It breaks even if I smack one's head on it. But the laminated film makes the glass more flexi thus the force is transferred evenly to other places therefore it is more difficult to break. So having this hammer, might and might not be able to save you. But if you ask me, of course I will say that having one is better than none. You dont know what or when or how you will be in a situation where you'll need it. Ada cuba ada chance, tak cuba sure ham+c*an.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I agree with Fvel as well. Not siding anyone but I think Fvel point of view does makes sense and meant no harm to any
parties trying to prove that certain hammers do work or do not work. Type of tint and the thickness varies on different cars
and brands. Even the quality is different.

So if Fvel tested on his car and the tint he chose works well for him, then is good then. But doesn't mean it will work
on other cars. He is just merely recommending us to get the ResQMe tool since he find it really effective.

:top:

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
I just want to know how easy or difficult it is to use devices like ResQMe on security tints. Period.

But as you guys have observed, no one here actually knows the answer (which is okay) but some people here act as if they do (which is not okay). They talk a lot but shirk from the challenge or commitment to justify their explanations.

I am not pro ResQMe. If it doesn't work, then I know. And I choose one device that does. But I do not believe this issue is so complicating that one can copout a test simply by saying this test is only unique to me. Yes, cars are different from one another but not by so much that we cannot learn anything from other people's test on their cars.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I just want to know how easy or difficult it is to use devices like ResQMe on security tints. Period.

But as you guys have observed, no one here actually knows the answer (which is okay) but some people here act as if they do (which is not okay). They talk a lot but shirk from the challenge or commitment to justify their explanations.

I am not pro ResQMe. If it doesn't work, then I know. And I choose one device that does. But I do not believe this issue is so complicating that one can copout a test simply by saying this test is only unique to me. Yes, cars are different from one another but not by so much that we cannot learn anything from other people's test on their cars.
Question of curiousity : why are you so argumentative? If Fvel choses to test on his car and not publish, it's his perogative. If he also chooses to point out possible scenarios that you disagree with, that's his choice and opinion. Why are you so dead set on shooting him down everytime he chooses to share his thoughts on the matter?

If you're so interested in knowing, why not try it out on your own car assuming you have sec tint?

I have no interest in a ResQMe nor its purpose so I have no comments or reason to post here. But seeing the argumentative nature of the situation here is getting a little tiring.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Question of curiousity : why are you so argumentative? If Fvel choses to test on his car and not publish, it's his perogative. If he also chooses to point out possible scenarios that you disagree with, that's his choice and opinion. Why are you so dead set on shooting him down everytime he chooses to share his thoughts on the matter?

If you're so interested in knowing, why not try it out on your own car assuming you have sec tint?

I have no interest in a ResQMe nor its purpose so I have no comments or reason to post here. But seeing the argumentative nature of the situation here is getting a little tiring.
I never asked or suggested anyone to perform any test. Originally, I was asking a simple question but got no definitive answers here (understandably so), but I later reported what I was told by a Search & Rescue member. That's all.

But then came someone, swooping down and bragging about the amount of research he did and about the importance of making sure such devices work, but yet he fails to do it himself (but suggests I do it if I value my life or my family's ... yada, yada).

Yes, like you, I too am tired but what to do when someone corrupts your good intention of sharing knowledge?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I never asked or suggested anyone to perform any test. Originally, I was asking a simple question but got no definitive answers here (understandably so), but I later reported what I was told by a Search & Rescue member. That's all.

But then came someone, swooping down and bragging about the amount of research he did and about the importance of making sure such devices work, but yet he fails to do it himself (but suggests I do it if I value my life or my family's ... yada, yada).

Yes, like you, I too am tired but what to do when someone corrupts your good intention of sharing knowledge?
I wouldn't call someones opinion or insight on the topic "corrupting of knowledge". At least it's a different perspective.

I only see you challenging him on his opinions and that I do not appreciate. So like you and I are doing in the hantu thread, let's just choose to ignore and continue on with healthy conversation yes?

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
I wouldn't call someones opinion or insight on the topic "corrupting of knowledge". At least it's a different perspective.

I only see you challenging him on his opinions and that I do not appreciate. So like you and I are doing in the hantu thread, let's just choose to ignore and continue on with healthy conversation yes?
I didn't write "corrupting of knowledge" but "corrupts your good intention". So get that right, and yes, I'll move on.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007

cbsteh,

You have a comprehension problem and an inability to grasp the issues of what was being discussed.

If you think I would waste my time in here merely for bragging rights of targeting you, then you are as misguided as you are self-absorbed.

I have no vested interest in focusing on you.

It's too bad if you think I burst your bubble for personal reasons but there's nothing personal here. It is only info sharing for the general forum.

Like I already told you, I AM a user of the ResQMe and so are my family members. If I have to bet my life and my family's life on it, I am not going to warrant some of its attributes on security tint without having satisfied myself how it performs on the sec tint on my car.

Since sec tint comes in all shapes, sizes and grades, there is no possible way I am in any position to test the ResQMe on every permutation of sec tint in the market.

The results (if I choose to share it) can only be representative specifically for the particular sec tint on my car and not on anyone else's car.

I cannot come out with one general sweeping statement and tell everyone that ResQMe works/does not work on ALL security tint. To do otherwise is irresponsible.

If some simple idiot happened to rely on a misrepresentation and got himself into trouble, I don't want it on my conscience.

If you do not understand and cannot accept that line of reasoning, there is nothing I can do for you.

It would seem to me that you come across as somewhat desperate to find an answer and just looking for anything to reinforce any point of view regarding the ResQME on sec tint.

The obvious thing here is no one has done any methodical tests and there are no simple hard and fast answers.

I told you this as much. You didn't like it because you did not get the answer you were seeking. You got personal and insinuated I am some braggart swooping in here to piss on your picnic.

Well, f**k you. Break your own goddamn window and do your own goddamn tests. You don't deserve to know what happened with mine.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Thread and this topic, is meant for discussion. So, disagreeing with one's thread or POV is norm or something to expect when we
start on a thread. Especially when it is a question thread that seeks people's opinion or POV.

So far I find what FVel got to say from his own POV is actually acceptable and doesn't have any offensive or personal attack
on anyone in this thread. He is just sharing his experience and his own point of view. Just that he may find what the SAR personnel
said is not really a reliable or proven source which I think is not wrong as he has the right to disagree.

Just the same as cbsteh who may find what FVel shared is not a reliable or proven source. There is no wrong in this but just a bit of
misunderstanding. You have the right to disagree as well but that doesn't mean both of you are corrupting each others' "Good Intention"
in sharing.

I too agree that we can't just rely on anyone's word on this. Even if FVel did a test on his car with the ResQMe, it did work for him
but he did state is not a confirm thing that it will work on every single security tint or for everyone.

I would say, I still not confident with the ResQMe but I appreciate that FVel shared his experience on it. Whether it works
on my car, I do not know and I don't plan to test it on my car since I can't afford the cost of it.

Even the one that I got for free, works or not, no one knows until it is tested out. The same for any statements made
without tests or proven to work. Be it you are a SAR personnel or anyone.

Anything that works, just share it. Up to individuals to believe or not. Everyone have different views.

I get what cbsteh is trying to say but then I think bro, this time u may be over-reacted on this matter. If you read back
what FVel post, I don't think he is attacking what you shared. Just merely stating his own point of view.

Not siding anyone. Cheers Guys. :beer:

Let's just drop it and continue discussion on the topic.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Could be the point of impact. If ceramic sharp point hits the glass it will break.
Just like a bigger piece of stone hit one of my friends front windscreen but bounce off and another had a smaller stone hit his windscreen and it cracked....
Not really what we observed bro. We tested on several intact tempered windows

We initially did think it was an impact with a jagged point, but when we fashioned a similar piece of jagged steel it didn't do anything other than bounce off, no matter how many times we threw the thing at the window.

Also, the steel ball bearings we used of similar dimensions were dense comparatively to that piece of ceramic. The latter was 'featherweight' by comparison. Since none of the ball bearings busted anything it could not have been density of material.

The thing is sparkplug ceramic has a very high hardness rating. Most literature seem to suggest this is the reason you can explode a piece of tempered glass via impact.

If you have an opportunity to try it yourself, it's actually quite an entertaining test.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Not really what we observed bro. We tested on several intact tempered windows

We initially did think it was an impact with a jagged point, but when we fashioned a similar piece of jagged steel it didn't do anything other than bounce off, no matter how many times we threw the thing at the window.

Also, the steel ball bearings we used of similar dimensions were dense comparatively to that piece of ceramic. The latter was 'featherweight' by comparison. Since none of the ball bearings busted anything it could not have been density of material.

The thing is sparkplug ceramic has a very high hardness rating. Most literature seem to suggest this is the reason you can explode a piece of tempered glass via impact.

If you have an opportunity to try it yourself, it's actually quite an entertaining test.
To break a window with a spark plug, must it be at which point of that spark plug to hit the
window to break? Or any part of the spark plug body that hit the window will break as well?

Didn't know such a small thing can break a window. Does it work from the inside as well?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

With the Paris Motor Show looming around the corner at around a week away, Peugeot have dropped some shots of their concept vehicle that will be unveiled at Paris.

The concept, dubbed the EX1, was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience