Good performing automatic sedan that you can drive everyday.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ehhhhh no like wagon :( , thank you for even suggesting. This is eye dropping actually as i never seen EVO IX Wagon before ... Is it using the same invecs II transmission similar to Airtrek Turbo and EVO VII GTA ?
Yes it should be the same AT as the VII GTA.

Mind if I ask you why now you're looking for an AT sedan? Coz you already have the Lancer GT and the BMW E46, both AT cars. Wouldn't it having another AT car is just like more of the same? That's why I still suggest you to just focus on getting a proper manual Evo, unless you really have changed your mind now.

Anyway in case you seriously consider an AT sedan then I may suggest another car which I drive daily now, a 2008/09 Toyota Mark X 250G (GRX120). This is exactly similar to the Lexus IS250 (same engine & gearbox, very similar suspension and brakes too) but much cheaper. Solid bulletproof car, comfortable, very fuel efficient (easily 10-11km/ltr real average combined highway/city drive on ron95), and quite many stuff to mod. Only if you fancy luxury then go for the IS250 otherwise then better go with Mark X coz it's cheaper and actually lighter with slightly more powerful engine, yet more spacious especially at the rear. The car may look uncle-ish in stock but there are plenty of cosmetics to transform it to look more stylish. This car certainly way much better than any other Japanese d-segments out there (Camry, Accord, Teana and also Mazda 6). Apart from the Legacy GT, I think this car should be a better choice than all your other options (with regards to fuel efficiency and parts availability especially for exterior & interiors this car certainly beats the Legacy too).

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The Legacy im seeing is a BL7 sedan, it doesn't have 4 pot brembo up front but modifying it will be easy. Its the closest thing to an EVO. You are right on the servicing and spart parts side, even my friend mechanic don't favour it cause it would be troublesome for him to repair. He also asked me to stay away from Audi and Alfa , especially Alfa, endless seledpeed gearbox problems. He has no comments on mazda 6, said its a simple car.
The Legacy that you are seeing is 2.0 or 2.5 litre? NA or turbo?

CL9 is Honda Accord Euro R ? Thought it was made in 2003 - 2006
CL9 is similar to 2nd generation of Accord Euro R but CL9 is not really a real Type R. CL7 is the genuine JDM Accord Euro R.

CL7 comes with recaro seats, 6 speed manual and a 2 litre 220hp K20A engine. CL9 is the 2.4 litre 200hp K24 version that comes without recaro seats and in automatic only if I am not mistaken.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
CL9 is similar to 2nd generation of Accord Euro R but CL9 is not really a real Type R. CL7 is the genuine JDM Accord Euro R.

CL7 comes with recaro seats, 6 speed manual and a 2 litre 220hp K20A engine. CL9 is the 2.4 litre 200hp K24 version that comes without recaro seats and in automatic only if I am not mistaken.
But parts probably hard to find. Even if engine parts can find, body parts maybe be difficult....:banghead:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yes it should be the same AT as the VII GTA.

Mind if I ask you why now you're looking for an AT sedan? Coz you already have the Lancer GT and the BMW E46, both AT cars. Wouldn't it having another AT car is just like more of the same? That's why I still suggest you to just focus on getting a proper manual Evo, unless you really have changed your mind now.

Anyway in case you seriously consider an AT sedan then I may suggest another car which I drive daily now, a 2008/09 Toyota Mark X 250G (GRX120). This is exactly similar to the Lexus IS250 (same engine & gearbox, very similar suspension and brakes too) but much cheaper. Solid bulletproof car, comfortable, very fuel efficient (easily 10-11km/ltr real average combined highway/city drive on ron95), and quite many stuff to mod. Only if you fancy luxury then go for the IS250 otherwise then better go with Mark X coz it's cheaper and actually lighter with slightly more powerful engine, yet more spacious especially at the rear. The car may look uncle-ish in stock but there are plenty of cosmetics to transform it to look more stylish. This car certainly way much better than any other Japanese d-segments out there (Camry, Accord, Teana and also Mazda 6). Apart from the Legacy GT, I think this car should be a better choice than all your other options (with regards to fuel efficiency and parts availability especially for exterior & interiors this car certainly beats the Legacy too).
6UEST san, my LGT is clocking 200k kms already, i am getting the A/T car as daily so i can slowly retired the LGT from heavy use. EVO VIII is my garage, weekend and night drive ride which i will get eventually as i knew i can't use it as daily. Now i am looking for a daily commuter which enough power and spacious cabin to commute to work.

I appreciated your suggestion on Mark X, i know its same with Lexus IS250 but i prefer the looks of Lexus IS250, muscular and masculine AF. I looked into the interior of Legacy on the other day, damn it is so cramp inside. The seat is not so comfy for me, the performance of the car is really intoxicating ! Reminds me of Holden SV6 which i drove in Aussie last year. But the seats and space is just very disappointing.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
The Legacy that you are seeing is 2.0 or 2.5 litre? NA or turbo?

But parts probably hard to find. Even if engine parts can find, body parts maybe be difficult....:banghead:
Thanks for educating me on this Honda, however i have little interest of getting a Honda. Even if the package sounds very good but i would prefer other brands.

As for parts, i have no idea, because its damn rare to see a CL7 on the road. I've recalled i only saw 2 or 3 CL7 on the road last year and i saw the same car with same plate number twice. My mechanic said the hardest parts to look is the suspension parts of CL7. It's just like Honda Legend, extremely difficult to source for it.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
6UEST san, my LGT is clocking 200k kms already, i am getting the A/T car as daily so i can slowly retired the LGT from heavy use. EVO VIII is my garage, weekend and night drive ride which i will get eventually as i knew i can't use it as daily. Now i am looking for a daily commuter which enough power and spacious cabin to commute to work.

I appreciated your suggestion on Mark X, i know its same with Lexus IS250 but i prefer the looks of Lexus IS250, muscular and masculine AF. I looked into the interior of Legacy on the other day, damn it is so cramp inside. The seat is not so comfy for me, the performance of the car is really intoxicating ! Reminds me of Holden SV6 which i drove in Aussie last year. But the seats and space is just very disappointing.
IS250 is also a bit smallish though in the rear and slower a bit than GRX120 Mark X coz the car is heavier and engine a bit detuned. But yeah it's personal preference, some prefers the IS250 for looks and luxury, some like myself is fine with the Mark X. If you do go for the IS250, I suggest you to get the UK version rather than the JDM version coz the JDM version has the 180kph speed cut which will cost quite expensive just to remove it.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Other than Mark X, there is another JDM sport/luxury sedan that you can consider. The 4 door Skyline V36. It could be a bit difficult to find it though. If you don't need the extra torque and hp, getting the 2.5 litre version is sufficient. Don't need to go for the 3.5 or 3.7 litre to save up on roadtax price. It may not be as powerful as older R34,R33,R32 series Skyline turbo but these V series Skyline should be more comfortable. Besides that, they share a lot of similarities with the new Z cars like 350Z and 370Z.

This model. http://www.mudah.my/2008+Nissan+Skyline+3+5+A+-45470222.htm
Thanks for educating me on this Honda, however i have little interest of getting a Honda. Even if the package sounds very good but i would prefer other brands.

As for parts, i have no idea, because its damn rare to see a CL7 on the road. I've recalled i only saw 2 or 3 CL7 on the road last year and i saw the same car with same plate number twice. My mechanic said the hardest parts to look is the suspension parts of CL7. It's just like Honda Legend, extremely difficult to source for it.
Hehe, performance Honda is only fun when you get it in MT. For comfort, I probably won't choose Honda either.

Parts I guess it will be on the difficult side since not many will have spare parts for CL7 lying around due to their rarity over here.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Other than Mark X, there is another JDM sport/luxury sedan that you can consider. The 4 door Skyline V36. It could be a bit difficult to find it though. If you don't need the extra torque and hp, getting the 2.5 litre version is sufficient. Don't need to go for the 3.5 or 3.7 litre to save up on roadtax price. It may not be as powerful as older R34,R33,R32 series Skyline turbo but these V series Skyline should be more comfortable. Besides that, they share a lot of similarities with the new Z cars like 350Z and 370Z.

This model. http://www.mudah.my/2008+Nissan+Skyline+3+5+A+-45470222.htm

Yup, that Nissan was also one of my consideration before I bought the Mark X but then it looks even more uncle-ish, and it's much more rare so I worry about parts availability.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, that Nissan was also one of my consideration before I bought the Mark X but then it looks even more uncle-ish, and it's much more rare so I worry about parts availability.
The earlier V35 looks more uncle-ish. This V36 looks better. Looking more like Nissan Fuga. Now the latest V series Skyline has evolved into the latest Infiniti Q50. Still called V37 Skyline in Japan.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
159, auhh that beauty.... maintenance on the other hand could me....

hitz

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Kepong, KL
Mark X with body kit and some make up won't be uncle car anymore... hehehehe...
I always saw a blazing red mark x with heavy black tinted and fully body kit and it's look awesome.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Actually why you want to "retire" your Lancer if there's nothing wrong with it? You're just bored and finding an excuse to change it?

My friend owns a S204, and he drives a Saga for daily -- transportation tool. He can't even be bothered if the car isn't washed.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Actually why you want to "retire" your Lancer if there's nothing wrong with it? You're just bored and finding an excuse to change it?

My friend owns a S204, and he drives a Saga for daily -- transportation tool. He can't even be bothered if the car isn't washed.
Perhaps his Lancer will be his another project car. He did stated it before in his other thread that he is modding it slightly now.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

My Lancer is running good, i need to slowly retire it from daily commuting because i couldn't expect the Invecs III CVT gearbox can last another 5 years. Swapping for another CVT gearbox is going to cost me another 3-4k, not to mention in future years, how many CVTs are laying around in the junkyard is yet another question. Furthermore, how well are the CVT gearboxes is another big question. It clocked at 190k kms this morning, engine is silky smooth, quiet and rev happy, it's the gearbox i have more concerns, even though it shows no symptoms of failing. FYI, my lancer was the first batch CBU lancer, dated 2008 April.

Perhaps his Lancer will be his another project car. He did stated it before in his other thread that he is modding it slightly now.
I only did the suspension, front 4 Pots caliper, for the rest of it, STOCK :biggrin:. Mana consider modify :biggrin:. I didn't even mod my exhaust systems hahaha.

Last edited: