Gen2 1.6 engine/performance mods

t3tsu

Jan 18, 2005
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Visit site
hi all, i'm a newbie so please don't bash ya :X-:

i have a 1.6 Gen2 and wondering what kind of performance parts to put in. my cousin adviced me on installing a bolt-on supercharger to get better torque. is that a good idea?

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
same here, im also a gen2 owner....hehee....well, frankly speaking, bolt on supercharger might be quite expensive lor...better change to other engine..ehheh....hurmm, let see....racing cam (frm mat speed), nice set up exhaust system..etc..etc...should at least increase ur hp...a lil bit laa....coz' as we know that, to inrease NA's Hp..need lot's of money!!!.....might as well dump in evo 4-9 engine...or ft0 2.0 v6..ehehe....!!

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
yeah! bolt-on supercharger can be very expensive.. and worst still, it will void ur current car manufacturer warranty.. so better think twice before doing so.. otherwise, u can always do it after the warranty period.. simple mod like air filter change is okay, that s provided if u still wanna keep ur warranty thing going loh.. hope it helps.. cheers!

hybrid evo

Feb 3, 2006
gerard supercharger stage 1 kit =rm5800

gsr 1.8 cm5a (gsr terbalik)=rm6000++

evo4=rm8000++ to rm9 000++

choose wisely

if u ask me, better change engine.

t3tsu

Jan 18, 2005
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Visit site
thanks for the info and opinions guys!

about the supercharger, guess i'll have to consider it. the evo engines sound very tempting :shades_smile: but i went to my mechanic today, and he said that even if i put in a drop-in air filter, performance will only be slightly increased, and that some people feel it but others don't. :emoticon_U:

i'll start of with the exhaust first lah hahaa

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
hybrid evo said:
gerard supercharger stage 1 kit =rm5800

gsr 1.8 cm5a (gsr terbalik)=rm6000++

evo4=rm8000++ to rm9 000++

choose wisely

if u ask me, better change engine.
great mind thinks alike..haahah......

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
dont forget,dumping in a 4G63T would mean a lil prob will approving ur car since its a jump frm 1.6 to 2.0

and also dont forget maintainance.

a supercharger is easier to maintain compared to a turbocharger.
and for city driving..a supercharger will be the best option..very good torque..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

According to reports, Lamborghini could be looking to walk down the same road as Porsche and a few other prominent automakers by adding new models in anticipation of expanding sales and exploring new markets.

American magazine, Car and Driver is claiming that Lamborghini will be adding two entirely new models to its existing lineup.

The first will be a new entry level model, powered by a V8 powerplant...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience