Technical stuff about transplant my gen2 with evo4

kenzo

6,000 RPM
Heya guyz, i need ur help here from all sifu's and jinkl make sure u help me haha
im transplanting evo4 into my gen2, i bought the halfcut, everything was running fine there, brought back to the workshop, very experience worker also, anywayz, there's are some questions and i hope u guyz can help me, here is goes

1. when i got the engine, all i did was clean the inside gearbox and togethwer with locking to 2wd, and flush the gearbox,timing belt and air cond belt, we replace some hoses, wash all the intercooler,oil cooler, power steering cooler and the aircond cooling coil...is there anything else to do?

2. now my car, they fix the lower arm and axle all together with suspension, is it ok to use the same gen2 rear suspension, well i had aftermarket springs, and my mech told me that evo4 is 4wd, so the rear disc brake, they had to use the fto knuckle, is this true? cant we use back the evo4?

3. when they gonna fix the dashboard, wat they did was took out the dashboard firewall bar and weld it to my gen2 chassis but using the gen2 original tapak to screw it to the chasis, is there any side effects, i dunno why every1 say very dangerous?

4. when i saw my compressor wheel, it seems to be quite dirty and there's like a gummy feel dust on the fins, can i just wash it with detergent and is this normal? and is it ok to use original gen2 tank and replace the internal pump with evo4 one?

5. the halfcut came with complete dashboard, good condition, digital air cond all ok, but the gear console, its only half way, how i gonna cover my handbrake? or have to use back the original gen2 gear console? it would be weird and not matching rite?

6. is it ok to spray the intercooler piping, the intercooler, oil cooler and steering cooler with 18k gold spray? but on the cooling fins im just gonna spray a mist on it, because i dont wanna effect the cooling fins from not cooling...

7. anywayz, here's wat most of the stuff i got for my car, grounding, vs, wastegate 38mm, sheepdog bov, apexi dual funnel air filter, afc neo, rsm, defi boost and control unit, manual boost controller, 17inch 8.5jj toms cabala rims with front toyo r888 225/45/17 front and yokohama s.drive 235/40/17, momo steering, momo gear knob, apexi turbo timer, pivot start button, sscus pu semi bucket seats with sscus 4 point harness, apexi dunk megaphone 3 inch muffler, and many2 more....i just wanan ask if there anything else i should get? or get rid?

8. it seems the tyres size is not the correct diameter range, the front is bigger slightly, but is it ok? since the ori evo4 came with 16inch 205/55/16 tyres, i hope it wont touch the absober? and is it ok to spray the calipers?

9. should i do a stainless steel piping or just normal steel 3 inch piping? should i put any midbox? i want abit bassy but not too bassy because quite irritating also...

10. one last thing, its my first time transplanting engine, and i wanan make sure i take a good care of it, because this car is only weekend drive car or go mamak buy food car, is there anything else i should do? any thing is should take note? should i replace anything else? and is it possible to boost 1 bar with stock injectors,fuel pump and regulator? but i have afc neo...

thanks alot guyz, its my first time and i wanan make sure i do a perfect job, because i've spent alot, almost 20k, and i dont wanan spend too much on unnescesarry stuff, thanks guyz!

anywayz, i send my car to CKS workshop at sri muda, its located at the old intan matang, there are very2 friendly, very nice ppl and very experience also, u guyz should check it out...

Last edited:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Now 1.6 chasis still can go for 2.0 engine? Especially EVO ??
Basic rules for engine conversion :

- Just make the conversion simple and easy, less modification = more easy.
- Do not do any modification on chasis work to fit ur part, is it dangerous.
Any bar/ steel / metal built on the chasis have their own reason.

I had an expriance on H22A fit in Gen 2 Predule.
Done a lot of chasis work to fit the engine..... end up sold the car after 2 yrs due to chasis crack.

Hope can help.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
1. new clutch? waterpump? evo engines consume clutch very fast. no stock clutch please, minimum is 3puck exedy...

2. what i know, can just use evo4 rear brakes, the hole for the driveshaft can just be left like that... anyway, just follow what ur mechanic says. even if we forummers say can use xxx brakes n ur mech say only can use zzz brakes, he wouldnt even bother trying to fit xxx brakes cos its HIM doing the work instead of us, not even u... just follow mechanic's advice...
suspension wise, better use adjustable suspension, a proper one tuned to ur car like titan or hotbits...

3. no problem la, that bar is just used to mount the dashboard. it's not even in the crumple zone... just make sure welded properly la

4. if no smoke on startup, just use the turbo. if ur a power freak, there are chances that u wont be using the stock turbo for long... just leave it as it is. about the tank n pump, ask ur mech

5. the halfcut came with complete dashboard, good condition, digital air cond all ok, but the gear console, its only half way, how i gonna cover my handbrake? or have to use back the original gen2 gear console? it would be weird and not matching rite?
try to see this pic

its a gen2 with lancer dashboard. just get the rear part of the console with lancer handbrake la, install together. so easy.

6. spray whatever u color u want... wont affect cooling. if affect also, too small difference, making the difference negligible

7. why worry so much? dont have to list down everything u have, even those that are not related... wanna show off ar?

8. spray calipers ok. about rims, depend on offset. if not ngam, might need some spacers to clear and might look awkward and u need to flare ur arches...

9. got money use stainless steel, no money use normal steel. up to u... want bassy but not too bassy, use straight flow but big mufflers like tanabe g power medallion. super nice.

10. the key is to keep everything as stock as possible. if u start to change parts, then there will be a chain reaction that will result in lack of reliability and frustration even though ur car will be powerful. just make sure ur car has a good set of suspension and brakes (aftermarket pads highly recommended) and keep the engine stock. afc/air filter/exhaust mods/1bar boost/fuel pump etc etc recommended but think properly if u wanna go beyond those...

p/s why worry so much about those mechanical stuffs? just leave it to ur mechanic la. i believe u better prepare urself (the driver) to cope with the extra power of the evo engine. make sure u start slow, dont full throttle on ur 1st day getting back the car. if u full throttle n dunno how to control, i'm sure ur car will accident again, either masuk longkang or knock down any trees... good luck anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
6. is it ok to spray the intercooler piping, the intercooler, oil cooler and steering cooler with 18k gold spray? but on the cooling fins im just gonna spray a mist on it, because i dont wanna effect the cooling fins from not cooling...

7. anywayz, here's wat most of the stuff i got for my car, grounding, vs, wastegate 38mm, sheepdog bov, apexi dual funnel air filter, afc neo, rsm, defi boost and control unit, manual boost controller, 17inch 8.5jj toms cabala rims with front toyo r888 225/45/17 front and yokohama s.drive 235/40/17, momo steering, momo gear knob, apexi turbo timer, pivot start button, sscus pu semi bucket seats with sscus 4 point harness, apexi dunk megaphone 3 inch muffler, and many2 more....i just wanan ask if there anything else i should get? or get rid?

8. it seems the tyres size is not the correct diameter range, the front is bigger slightly, but is it ok? since the ori evo4 came with 16inch 205/55/16 tyres, i hope it wont touch the absober? and is it ok to spray the calipers?

9. should i do a stainless steel piping or just normal steel 3 inch piping? should i put any midbox? i want abit bassy but not too bassy because quite irritating also...

10. one last thing, its my first time transplanting engine, and i wanan make sure i take a good care of it, because this car is only weekend drive car or go mamak buy food car, is there anything else i should do? any thing is should take note? should i replace anything else? and is it possible to boost 1 bar with stock injectors,fuel pump and regulator? but i have afc neo...
First of all....wa bro kaye nier tuka evo4 dah...hahaha...bila nak test ni kekekek...

6.is ok for u to spray the intercooler piping...just after sometimes of heating,the paint wil slowly drop off and u have to spray it again...but it take times..u can spray your intercooler, but make sure u got experiance of spraying it...too thick spraying liquid wil block the air going into your intercooler..

7.manual boost controller? if u're using those cheap manual boost controller, i suggest u change to a digital or mechanical wit quality one on it...17' inch rims i think is too big d...but if u don mind bout the rims indeed u wan your car look nicer then go for it...if u wan performance wise, better do research on the rims tat affects your performance of your car...

8.don think it wil touch the absorber...just, like No.7,it wil affect your performance only...or maybe it wil cut your car body when u comes into holes....solving it by changing a good suspension..recommand hi/low soft/hard if got money...

9.stainless steel piping is to give better respond n airflow throughout your engine...shorter airflow gives better respond...there are some track car turbine,intercooler and exhaust all just beside each other..lol..

10.did u changed your metal gasket?spark plug?suitable engine oil? supposingly,evo4 for sure can withstand 1 bar, is just tat make sure overall air and fuel producing is enuff to run it...

a fuel regulator is to maintain constant fuel pressure above the intake manifold pressure.
a better fuel pump providing more fuel..
so if u change a fuel pump, make sure u get a fuel regulator in order to maintain a steady pressure btw the fuel of the injectors and intake manifold..
injector....if u're using stock evo4 turbine, i don think is necessary to change the injector until u mod the turbine fins/housing or changing into another bigger turbine...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Heya guyz, i need ur help here from all sifu's and jinkl make sure u help me haha
im transplanting evo4 into my gen2, i bought the halfcut, everything was running fine there, brought back to the workshop, very experience worker also, anywayz, there's are some questions and i hope u guyz can help me, here is goes

1. when i got the engine, all i did was clean the inside gearbox and togethwer with locking to 2wd, and flush the gearbox,timing belt and air cond belt, we replace some hoses, wash all the intercooler,oil cooler, power steering cooler and the aircond cooling coil...is there anything else to do?

2. now my car, they fix the lower arm and axle all together with suspension, is it ok to use the same gen2 rear suspension, well i had aftermarket springs, and my mech told me that evo4 is 4wd, so the rear disc brake, they had to use the fto knuckle, is this true? cant we use back the evo4?

3. when they gonna fix the dashboard, wat they did was took out the dashboard firewall bar and weld it to my gen2 chassis but using the gen2 original tapak to screw it to the chasis, is there any side effects, i dunno why every1 say very dangerous?

4. when i saw my compressor wheel, it seems to be quite dirty and there's like a gummy feel dust on the fins, can i just wash it with detergent and is this normal? and is it ok to use original gen2 tank and replace the internal pump with evo4 one?

thanks alot guyz, its my first time and i wanan make sure i do a perfect job, because i've spent alot, almost 20k, and i dont wanan spend too much on unnescesarry stuff, thanks guyz!

anywayz, i send my car to CKS workshop at sri muda, its located at the old intan matang, there are very2 friendly, very nice ppl and very experience also, u guyz should check it out...
lookd like my sifu ,khoyos has anwsered the questions hehe :D

1. like khoyos said, its best to fit in a nice clutch inside , later u gonna open up and change em, even if u upboost, it might slip

2. im nt sure bout this, bt from my eye sight, isnt the gen2 brakes bigger and better than the evo4 ?

4. dont use detergent, use carburater cleaner

6. its ok to spray la, on the intercooler maybe not so recommended to be thick

most of the questions khoyos sudah anwser

kenzo

6,000 RPM
thanks alot guyz for ur advice, because its my first time and i just wanna know more and gain more information, i use to drive turbo car also, but that car i bought memang had gsr inside, now i transplant im just not soo sure wat to do...

khoyos, thanks alot for the advice, sry bout listing down the stuff i get, just that some ppl say its useless, not to show off bro, there's no point for me to show off also lah bro haha ;), but seriously thanks alot bro, it was a good advice...

there's this guy selling br clutch, is it ok to use?

the gen2 brakes are good also bro, but evo have twinpot front, and if i remain the rear brakes also its 4 lugs, and since i got the rear disc brake together, might as well i just fit in kan ;)

anywayz guyz i bought this engine flush for rm20+ from ace hardware, and my mech say cant use, he says those engine flush contains alot of strong chemical like kerosin and all and will burn the valve seal and all, unless use those really expensive one, is there that much difference?

anywayz guyz, is there any other advice? its true was u said khoyos, i also wanna learn slow, learn the car, know the car first, and try to coupe up with the car's potential...because i wanna do it the right way, u guyz kinda way, because many ppl have pull me into the wrong ways, i wanan know wat im buying is usefull and worth the money, not all taiwan stuff only...
anywayz thanks alot guyz i really appreciate it ;)
cant wait for my car haha

kenzo

6,000 RPM
oh yeah bro clanzkiller, how r u? how's the stuff ;) haha, u knew rite i gonna transplant? anywayz i dint change the head gasket...im actually looking for fse double diaphram adjustable fuel regulator...the sard one too expensive...around rm700 i think...
can test bro no problem, anywayz i will meet jacky on tuesday for dyno tuning the afc, maybe we can meet there?

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
Bro Kenzo,

As your information, Evo456 rear disc brake system are totally difference with gen2.If you notice it, evo4 used lining brake shoe as a handbrake system and caliper as your pedal brake.Plus, you cannot pnp using evo4 arm and knucle.Just buy fto rear disc brake complete if you want the 5 lug knucle.

If you want evo4 arm rest, due let me know. I got it.RM150....012-6308191

Have fun with your new toy.
Cheers

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
bro, ur using evo4 engine, use something like exedy/HKS those branded ones. its not that BR is no good. it's good, but when people ask u what clutch u use and u answer "i'm using ogura clutch" isnt it glamorous? hehehe

ealt already explained on the compability of the evo4 rear brakes...

basically, an engine flush consists of a lot of small particles (something like sand) to make sure the carbon deposits get cleaned from the engine. imagine if those particles get stuck between ur engine bearings, go into ur turbo cooling passage, eat up ur valve seals etc etc etc...

no need to be so kiasu n go clean up the engine. 99% of people who transplant engines only change timing belt, some oil seals, waterpump n engine+transmission oil. didnt flush the engine etc etc etc... no problems also...

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
oh yeah bro clanzkiller, how r u? how's the stuff ;) haha, u knew rite i gonna transplant? anywayz i dint change the head gasket...im actually looking for fse double diaphram adjustable fuel regulator...the sard one too expensive...around rm700 i think...
can test bro no problem, anywayz i will meet jacky on tuesday for dyno tuning the afc, maybe we can meet there?
the stuff stil ok lol....when la u wan to find me a real air one...i'm waiting for it...shoot!
i know u gona transplant..but i thought is not evo4?izzit mivec?last time u told me..forget d soli soli..
hurm...i thought tat fse afr is expensive then sard one?
sard small only cost 400+ wit gauge le....for big one not sure...
jacky??i also going for dyno on tuesday lol...but not sure which place yet..

kenzo

6,000 RPM
ok thanks bro khoyos, yeah lah if ogura sure dem yeng want, nvm just say lah, they wont know also rite hehe :P

haha no problem bro clanzkiller, will try to get, there's a .45 caliber also, anything i call u aite ;)
yeah but i looking for 2nd hand one, last time some guy was selling but i forgot which forum i check on, yeah last time i wanted to put in mivec, but i sat in this gen2 with mivec, like not much difference from a normal mod campro also...come jc racing lah bro...

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
ok thanks bro khoyos, yeah lah if ogura sure dem yeng want, nvm just say lah, they wont know also rite hehe :P

haha no problem bro clanzkiller, will try to get, there's a .45 caliber also, anything i call u aite ;)
yeah but i looking for 2nd hand one, last time some guy was selling but i forgot which forum i check on, yeah last time i wanted to put in mivec, but i sat in this gen2 with mivec, like not much difference from a normal mod campro also...come jc racing lah bro...
aiya if possible,i wan sniper type...any model of sniper wil do...as long as it can be plug wit scope...@@
oh lol..patut la...suddenly evo4 plak....
jc racing at wer?lol...maybe i go there lepak only...but i go diff place for dyno,cause i know the tuner there :)

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
bro, i try to find aite, oh jc racing is amoil at sunway mah
i wanted to dyno at 5ive, but then jacky tune afc very good...
aiya tuesday cannot o bro...i got very very peak on my collage schedule...
i think i do mine on wednesday also...see how la

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

KELISA bolt on Turbo...

who got fren do it... can gv me some detail ma..

can tahan pakai de ma..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience