Help regarding Gen2 Brakes Upgrade

dmaul

Apr 10, 2009
Hi to all the sifus around,

Just seeking for opinion and looking around, just wondering if there's any Gen2 around that has successfully upgraded to a set of Brembo brakes, and if yes, what are the modifications that have to be done and which Brembo (from which car) do u guys use??

Or alternatively, what other good brakes that have been upgraded into a Gen2? For those twinpots from Evo3/4, any modifications that have to be done? Or just plug and play?

Thanks for your feedbacks in advance! XD

dmaul

Apr 10, 2009
Gen2 Brakes Upgrade

Hi to all the sifus around,

Just seeking for opinion and looking around, just wondering if there's any Gen2 around that has successfully upgraded to a set of Brembo brakes, and if yes, what are the modifications that have to be done and which Brembo (from which car) do u guys use??

Or alternatively, what other good brakes that have been upgraded into a Gen2? For those twinpots from Evo3/4, any modifications that have to be done? Or just plug and play?

Thanks for your feedbacks in advance! XD

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Dear Forummer, please post only 1 thread of the same title. Do not post the same thread in 2 different section. Thank You..

dmaul

Apr 10, 2009
Any PnP brakes upgrade out there for Gen2?? Anyone modded?? :confused:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
what engine are u using now? fyi, the brake system u have now is sufficient for the car, the trick is choosing the right pads.. i trust bendix for the job

dmaul

Apr 10, 2009
get the braking system from evo4.
Thanks, but will it be PnP or need to mod??

what engine are u using now? fyi, the brake system u have now is sufficient for the car, the trick is choosing the right pads.. i trust bendix for the job
Hmm, going to up the power soon, so thinking of getting something better, thanks!! =D

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
what mods are gonna get? fyi, iam still with the std caliper n uprated pads, pushing 186hp. my fren, evo3 pushing 360hp on dyno dynamics, again still wit std caliper but wit uprated pads. dat evo accelerates from stand still to a hundred in under 5secs, and still be able to stop in time.

so, how much power are u aiming at anyway? brembos are overrated if u r only looking at a mere 200hp

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
i think evo brembo or evo 4 twin pot canot pnp. must change knuckle as well. correct me if i m wrong

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

of u can take pnp APracing from s.neo lotus

dmaul

Apr 10, 2009
what mods are gonna get? fyi, iam still with the std caliper n uprated pads, pushing 186hp. my fren, evo3 pushing 360hp on dyno dynamics, again still wit std caliper but wit uprated pads. dat evo accelerates from stand still to a hundred in under 5secs, and still be able to stop in time.

so, how much power are u aiming at anyway? brembos are overrated if u r only looking at a mere 200hp
Tyvm for ur suggestions.. just thinkin of bot onli.. hehe... but glamour see other caliper... hahah.. anyway, they're too exp too i guess... thanks again! anyway, do u know if there's ebc green stuff for gen2??

of u can take pnp APracing from s.neo lotus
Wonderful.. APracing from neo... wait ppl go crash their new car send to chop shop 1st!!! LOL

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
for the green stuff, u have to contact their dealers sir, ive never bought them for several reasons, 1. they are indeed expensive 2. i can get sumthing as good if not better for lower price 3. easier to get other pads.

AP Racing from the neo? good luck, hehe

SimpleGuy

500 RPM
Aug 24, 2006
If wanna upgrade brake, u can try choose from cheap 4pot brake like from skyline R32, it is not bad for the start, since it is only around RM500, but custom make a bracket cost u near to the brake itself. My own experience from single pot to 4pots different is... single pot tend to jam brake more easily, 4pots lesser chance to jam brake except u press it real hard, mayb deal to 4pot brakepad touch the rotor more even... If u wanna upgrade rear to 2/4pots too, then it really cost u a bomb ^_^

dmaul

Apr 10, 2009
for the green stuff, u have to contact their dealers sir, ive never bought them for several reasons, 1. they are indeed expensive 2. i can get sumthing as good if not better for lower price 3. easier to get other pads.

AP Racing from the neo? good luck, hehe
Alright, thx mate.. XD

If wanna upgrade brake, u can try choose from cheap 4pot brake like from skyline R32, it is not bad for the start, since it is only around RM500, but custom make a bracket cost u near to the brake itself. My own experience from single pot to 4pots different is... single pot tend to jam brake more easily, 4pots lesser chance to jam brake except u press it real hard, mayb deal to 4pot brakepad touch the rotor more even... If u wanna upgrade rear to 2/4pots too, then it really cost u a bomb ^_^
Lemme guess, u running R32 brakes in ur car bro?? :biggrin: anyway, pcd will run??

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
of course is 4x114.3
have ppl intro to me fix nissan 4 pot. the center bore of disc need enlarge 5mm den need drill another 3 hole.
but due to need custom bracet to hold caliper, i was reject this purpose. brake is serious part, if sudden bracet failure due to high temp or stress.....i cant imagine.
in skudai, jb.ppl quote me rm700 after trade in GSR brake 2years ago include fix.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

here's the deal, i'm trickin' out my uncle's old skool beetle and i wanna get it lowered. are there any adjustables or lowering springs available for an old car like this in kch? thanx in advance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience