Fuel for performance?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Have anyone tried Petronas Ron95 after they launched their new formula?

I'm not sure if its my riding/driving style but the fuel seems to perform like Caltex in term of fc and power. Can really feel the difference. Is it just me or they actually improve their formula?

Anyway, my top choice are still Caltex/BHP/Petron.
Petronas is my emergency option.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya

I'm not sure if its my riding/driving style but the fuel seems to perform like Caltex in term of fc and power. Can really feel the difference. Is it just me or they actually improve their formula?

I tried the new Petronas RON95 formula. Was given a petrol card which enough for a few tanks... so don't waste... Yes, I also felt the difference in power. It doesn't seem to be the same as what I remembered.

Senscents

Dec 5, 2019
I'm on Shell all of the time as i've the up to 8% cash back. Never try others as i need to achieve the 8% CB.
Don't know if using other fuels will have any better result on the fuel saving, cleaner or better power.

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
I'm on Shell all of the time as i've the up to 8% cash back. Never try others as i need to achieve the 8% CB.
Don't know if using other fuels will have any better result on the fuel saving, cleaner or better power.
When I just started working I have this HSBC amanah card which allows 8 percent rebate for shell caltex petronas, shell being nearest to petrol station.

Then as time goes by I read more articles on performances of cars, upgrades, maintenance on forums and online, so I tried here and there and found out Shell 95 is the weakest petrol. Also, that HSBC card only gives 0.2% rebate if u do not exceed RM2k monthly spend.

I believe best card for best petrol (Caltex and BHP) would be the Maybank AMEX closely followed by barcelona card. AMEX gives 5% rebate on weekends, and 5 x points for petrol spend. BHP and certain Caltex (big stations) accept AMEX. Never looked back. 2k bonuslink points sitting and I may look to use them up one day.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
When I just started working I have this HSBC amanah card which allows 8 percent rebate for shell caltex petronas, shell being nearest to petrol station.

Then as time goes by I read more articles on performances of cars, upgrades, maintenance on forums and online, so I tried here and there and found out Shell 95 is the weakest petrol. Also, that HSBC card only gives 0.2% rebate if u do not exceed RM2k monthly spend.

I believe best card for best petrol (Caltex and BHP) would be the Maybank AMEX closely followed by barcelona card. AMEX gives 5% rebate on weekends, and 5 x points for petrol spend. BHP and certain Caltex (big stations) accept AMEX. Never looked back. 2k bonuslink points sitting and I may look to use them up one day.
Hmm unfortunately Caltex nearby has changed to Petron. Within my area and normal routes, I got like 7-8 Petron with only 1 Shell and 2-3 Petronas, no Caltex and BHP.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Bonuslink points have expiry date, better just use them by purchasing something from shell mart. 2k point around RM20.....hahaha

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

I use Petronas RON 95 with that Euro 4M and their "new" formula.

Honestly I can't tell any difference in terms of power... because the car is a PHEV so very hard to gauge mileage and power. These days I use Petronas cause of cash back, otherwise, I will choose Caltex > BHP > Petronas/Petron.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I use Petronas RON 95 with that Euro 4M and their "new" formula.

Honestly I can't tell any difference in terms of power... because the car is a PHEV so very hard to gauge mileage and power. These days I use Petronas cause of cash back, otherwise, I will choose Caltex > BHP > Petronas/Petron.
Hmm thats an interesting topic by its own.
Once electric vehicle gain a very strong market in Malaysia we will see new topic in this forum for the sake of having fun;
1.which charger type/brand gives more mileage?
2.Which power source gives more mileage? single phase vs 3 phase.
3.Assuming other power generator manage to join the game....which electricity brand gives better mileage?
4.Best of all....which place offer free charging and not congested?

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Once electric vehicle gain a very strong market in Malaysia we will see new topic in this forum for the sake of having fun;
3.Assuming other power generator manage to join the game....which electricity brand gives better mileage?
For Malaysia, This will come true in 20 years

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I'm using Petron so far I like it coz they the only ones have RON100 and nearer to me

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Can answer you now

1. No diff
2. No diff
3. Hahahaha
4. 1 Utama parking with 1 Card, Hilton/Le Meridien Parking, BSC...these are the ones I know of.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone know how to modified or creat Wira look Rally , example what size tyre, type of absorber bcoz Rally its very high and so all...I hope whos know abaout this can advise me. TQ
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience