Front door light need help

HL Milk

May 20, 2005
B'worth
hi all DIY sifu here, i wanna install a DIY door light (those like the BMW or Mercedes con. car). When the door open the light on. Need some help for my door light wiring. i got few question here. hope can get the solution.

1. Which signal point i need to take? Where is the door open sensor?
2. If the door open sensor is not at the door then the wire have to travel from door to interior. So how to hide all the wire?
3. I need to make a hole for the light mounting on the plastic door. So when i'm sound proof it all the wire and the mounting will covered. so any solution?

Please advise.
thanks.

azamprocc39

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
i want tr also..... can i use the door switch(when door open, interior lamp on) or need tu put new switch to make the new door lamp work?(like waja laa)

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
If the lights at those 4 doors is trigger by the switch then all door light will light up when 1 door is opened...must think of other way.

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
azamprocc39 said:
i want tr also..... can i use the door switch(when door open, interior lamp on) or need tu put new switch to make the new door lamp work?(like waja laa)
what switch lah bro? i think no need switch. might just tap the wire from the interior roof lamp (because u can set the mod there, when open door, the roof light on).

but how to hide all those wire. might need to open all the interior roof.....sigh.....

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
can use the existing door switch.
if dont want other door light to lit, can use diodes.
im using diodes for rear bonet lamp so it will not lit if open other doors or frnt hood.

BlackMafia

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
i'm not sure that it need any relay or not ... but for sure ... u can get + wire from ur alarm control box ... ... if i not mistaken ... the colour is orange ...
and then the ground ... biasa laa ... skrew at the body ...

HL Milk

May 20, 2005
B'worth
I'm still blur blur leh. all brother if can please put some picture to show mah. picture worth more than thousand words leh. For me i not very familiar with the car interior wiring. I'm already got some ideal for the lamp at the door by using LED but the problem is where to take the point (when one door open only that particular light is on, not all on). The other one is how to hide those wiring. Can we take the door close signal that on the door panel?

BlackMafia

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
ermm ... put some pic ?? sorry i'm so good for draw ...

(when one door open only that particular light is on, not all on)

if like this ... i guess senang lol ...
ok .. ok ... i here to help ...
ok what was i know the door sensor wire is - ... so ... ur led wiring will be like this ...

the + just join it direcly from + batt.
the - just join it from door sensor wire.

example ... when the driver side door open ... the led on driver side only be menyala ...

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
hmm.. ill try draw the diagram.. but wait 1st have to search for diagram drawing software..
lazy to use paint, etc.. hehe.. :p

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
hmm.. cant find any diagram s/ware..
here.. hope it helps..

shown one door only.this is the basic door switch use in cars. u have to cut the existing door wire and put diode there and do the lamp wiring as shown. pls observe the diode polarity.

Last edited:

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
hmmm... this one also could work....

wei khguan and votech... revise the circuit please... :)

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
hmm.. de door switch wire is +ve?? i also not sure leh.... i need to test with a bulb 1st.. gimme some time.. bz lately...

i also got think wanto do dat light... wanto get those fender signal lights then korek a hole at de door then mount it..

y use a diode?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

where can i get one? any particular brand?

most importantly must be heat & water resistant. also , must be able to
stick to plastic + metal.

* for exterior painting

pls help. Tks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience