AE111 twin pot replacing front disc and brake pad

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
In this thread I will show how I modified 5 hole disc to 4 hole and fit it into my AE111. Since my brother left his DC5 disc at my house, I will use his disc to fit into my car.

This is tool that I use beside of the hand drill

Here is picture of original disc

Disc marked before drill

And here is 4 hole already drilled

To fit the disc into my car, firstly took out tyre and rim then took out caliper. Here is the picture in the process.
Before started

By using this type of clamp, I push the brake pad further away so that easier when to install new disc

Remove this 2 screws that hold caliper

Then I hang the caliper to avoid caliper hanging only with brake hose

Test to fit modified disc rotor

Cheap brake pad that I used

New brake pad install

Then install back caliper into knuckle

Comparison before and after

Put wheel and ready to go.
p/s:before that make sure continuously pump brake until feel brake pad grip and check brake fluid level before start driving :driver:

As seen on me2kimi.blogspot.com

Last edited:

radhie

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
i see there is a gap between the hub and the center of the rotor..is it ok?no vibration during high speed or during braking?

alantan350

Known Member
Apr 5, 2007
mine using DC2 disc, it's pnp, no need drill hole. no need cut it small, it is 262mm size.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
i see there is a gap between the hub and the center of the rotor..is it ok?no vibration during high speed or during braking?
So far no problem using this dics

mine using DC2 disc, it's pnp, no need drill hole. no need cut it small, it is 262mm size.
Ooo really. maybe next time try to get DC2 disc. I use this disc becoz got it spare at my house.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Done using 3/8" thick plywood... bought from a hardware shop near my place in serdang... de board itself costed RM35 n RM5 for transportation... measuring 4ft x 8ft...

Took me one day to cut de board n complete de hinges n "door".. then another half a day for carpeting it... a lot of work... but very satisfying DIY... B) :tb:

Steps n procedures are here : http://khguan.fotopic.net/c806091.html
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience