DIY Waja Front Lower Arm

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
As the title suggest, i want to share the job which i did yesterday morning after having my sahur.
Both my front lower arm are worn out and producing this annoying 'tuk tak' sound together with knocking feeling on the steering when going through rough surface. Handing is not as tight as before too. CAr is secured on jackstand throughout the job.

So, lest begin by removing the tyre

There u go, while on it i do a quick visual check on the pads.Still thick.

3 bolt holding the arm to the subframe and on e bolt holding it to the part behind the disc brake. All size 17.
This is the one behind the disc

The one in the front part of the subframe

The 2 bolt on the rear

As the arm has been on the car for 12 years, a little persuasion is needed. I used a socket extension to drive it out. Be very careful no to damage the driveshaft rubber boot.

Mine has been removed but if yours still refuse to go, knock a flathead screwdriver through the slit at the holding point behind the disc.

My UR lower arm bar was oso removed as it is mounted on the same bolt holding the lower arm.
I dont have the new part pic but here it is mounted on the car.TRW brnd RM 85 a piece.

I took the opportunity to clean my lower arm bar as it was smeared in grease when the right hand driveshaft boot leaks.

Installation is the reverse process of removing.
The drive after was super smooth and quiet. New car feeling. Suspension feel a bit firmer.
However, steering was off center to the left by a quarter turn. Have to redo the allignment then.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Did your alignment suffer?
A lot which come to my surprise really.
Steering center alignment is off about a quarter turn of the steering wheel and car pulls strongly to the left. I wasnt expecting that so i did the alignment when i got the steering rack replaced earlier.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
Bro, waja lower arm really that cheap ka? Rm95 per side? Where u buy it? How about the bushing?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Bro, waja lower arm really that cheap ka? Rm95 per side? Where u buy it? How about the bushing?

its roughly that price range ler...below rm100 normally...

wira rm70 or less only...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Yup.Even some online seller from KL is selling higher than what i got it for.
I buy it from a spare part shop in Malim Jaya Melaka.
Can get it cheaper (RM85-90) but i was trying to built rappo with the shop so can nego kaw2 later.hehehehe
Other normal brand can be bought as low as Rm 60.

What bushing?
The bush on the arm itself came with the new arm.
Its not sold separately.

Actually u can replace the bush only without replacing the whole arm. However the cost to replace the ball joint will make the total cost exceed the price of a new arm.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
So the arm come with ball joint and 2 bushes which attached with suspension crossmember isn't? Damn cheap lorr.. i just using waja for 1 &1/2 years. Dont know the undercarriage part that cheap.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
So the arm come with ball joint and 2 bushes which attached with suspension crossmember isn't? Damn cheap lorr.. i just using waja for 1 &1/2 years. Dont know the undercarriage part that cheap.
Yup it come complete with all the bush and the ball joint.

Well, our car is old already and still have plenty of road presence so part is still abundance and relatively cheap. There is 2 small suspension link/arm which is connecting the chassis and the rear arm. The one which is adjustable was also replaced by be last time.Very reasonable price with the job the arm do.

However, some interior trim can be pricey though...like the gearknob which was close to RM400 for my 1.8 leather type.

Power widow oso cheap for metal type but please go for reputable or known brand like autonas as some unknown brand will have poor operating noise and hard to fit.
I still prefer the full-covering plastic type as its quieter.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a journey of no return! once our paint is being ruined by such a devastating scratch, the damages is beyond skin deep
physically (on what can be seen) is just some esthetic damage but the real damages is the owner heart broken

Getting to sleep through is difficult, for once i went through it....on my beloved car....especially in Malaysia..people like to take revenge (saying to themselves "i will teach them a lesson -Scratchhhhhhhhhhh their paints)
as I am blogging at the wee...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience