Fishy Talk

kkho99

4,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Visit site
sifu b.... i plan go on saturday then come back on tuesday wor.... 4days 3nite...

reach there saturday morning, start with tiger 1st...... then plabuk on sunday noon or sunday nite lah..... come back on tuesday noon 4 or 5pm ..... can mou!! but hor i have to check with my tiger at home 1st lah.....coz scare she ka-ka cau-cau lah...muhahahahhahah

BabyPups

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Jun, for a freswater fish, pacu is very fierce. For just rm8, you can try this species at Laguna.

Sifu Tate,
did you adjust the brakes? No......dono how to open
did you adjust the tension knob? Yes, depending on throwing big or small lure
what was the weight of the lure you were casting? Got heavy, got light. smallest one is the yozuri micro popper which totally screw up my casting :P
what was the rod profile? jarvis walker. trying to get a new rod

Sifu Ho, i saw you walking at Jalan Barat there. Opposite the Southern Bank.
I was in the mamak. called ur HP no pickup

N0eL

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
FR Laguna
=====================

Everyone also no eat Fruit today. But as usual, tuesday not that much action. Past two visit were scary. My Line got pulled kau kau till cannot even retrieve line. Ended putus 2 times 4lbs and 1 time 6lbs. Today Same story.. Let it run like 5-10 secs.. then hook came off. Dont think can land it also leh coz using low poundage line.Other sifus punya leaders alot putus. Sifu Q now using wire leader.

Tomolo might be going too. Depends on SIfu Q's mood lah... kakakaka.

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
i will leave everything in car laa .. just in case got MOOD .. hehehehe .. havent had the sensation of line being pulled non stop for more than 2-3 sesconds long time liauu .. must cast far far like sifoo chai to kena those buggers one laa .. hahahahaa
wire leader oso they makan what .. hahahahaahhaaha

N0eL

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
Wah.. as usual lah Sifu Q.. so early today~!

If going today, me gonna use ultraknot. SO many times d like that. wanna land it for once. But dunno can cast that far or not leh. Today most probably only u and me leh.Sifu chun last night said dowan right? Sifu Coltrain also doubt will come today ~!

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
yalorr .. most probably u and me only laa today since sifoo CHUN no longer hardcore .. hehehehe .. maybe he tengah kow lui leeh nowadays ?? huahahahahaahaa ..
ultraknot sure cannot cast that far one laa .. but u can always try laa .. hehehe

rorytate

4,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
BabyPups said:
Jun, for a freswater fish, pacu is very fierce. For just rm8, you can try this species at Laguna.

Sifu Tate,
did you adjust the brakes? No......dono how to open
did you adjust the tension knob? Yes, depending on throwing big or small lure
what was the weight of the lure you were casting? Got heavy, got light. smallest one is the yozuri micro popper which totally screw up my casting :P
what was the rod profile? jarvis walker. trying to get a new rod

Sifu Ho, i saw you walking at Jalan Barat there. Opposite the Southern Bank.
I was in the mamak. called ur HP no pickup
Bro BBPups,
i think it's your brakes that is having problem which caused you unable to cast.
You do not adjust tension knob for big/small lures, you should be adjusting the brakes. Tension knob is just to ensure that the spool dont moves side ways much.
Yozuri micro popper is about 4~6 grams, which is within calcutta's ability, BUT it's your rod that is not matching. Try to get a UL BC rod. Search for ratings like 4grams~10grams lure weight(3/8~1/2ounce). That should do the job.

To adjust the brakes:
1: Remove the 2 protruding silver knob/screw
2: Take the handle + cover out. Worry not, nothing will drop out from there
3: Remove the spool
4: notice the other end of the spool(with shorter shaft) there are 6 centrifugal brakes.
5: turn on 2 of the brakes(just pull up a little bit, it will sound a click), which is opposite of each brakes. Meaning that to have a balanced rotor. (like this---> ON, OFF, OFF, ON, OFF, OFF)
6: assemble the set back.

Try cast a 1/4ounce lure(equivalent to 8 grams), that should fly but it may backslash a little. Dont cast too hard...

Cast 5 times with medium strength, just follow the swing. Back to front. a total of 180 degree movement. IF there are still abit of CBH, tighten the tension knob a little. Repeat the same steps :)

If alot of CBH, then you gotta remove the set and adjust on the brakes. You have turn 2 brakes ON, now you gotta turn 3 brakes ON. Set it like this---> ON,OFF,ON,OFF,ON,OFF...you will get a triangular shape.

Repeat steps.

Hope that helps.

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
pakai SPINNING REEL laaa !! hahahaahahaaaaaa .. no headaches !!!!
should be going to laguna again today laa .. since got monster pull sifoo chai line out so kow .. must kasi naik the bugger .. hehehehe

N0eL

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
ME want revenge also lah.... 2 times go also cannot land those buggers~! today must land at least satu.

adyzul

1,000 RPM
Oct 6, 2005
haloooo all sifus...

zth server problem meh? So hard to come in here wor.....finally can. Hahahaha.

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
yalorr .. 1st time in dunno how many days liauu cannot masok zth in the morning .. hehehehe ...

N0eL

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
Sifu Jun....

Me and Sifu QIw will be there at around 4-5pm lah.. if u want to, u can come join us. We use Dedak(special formula) one... U can use it if u want to.. we got plenty.

Give us a call when u r there. My number 012-2297978~! Give to pretty ah moi and ask them to call me nmind. Others cannot :D

Jun-H22a

Known Member
Nov 25, 2003
kepong
cool
i will give ya a call den..
i'll be there are 3-4...
b4 u'll come wat else can i use???
normally i go saltwater pond nvr tried freshwater b4...
any idea??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi detailing gurus, apprentices and soon to be sifus,

Before I proceed with my upcoming paint project I'd like to get your opinion on how best to maintain a matt painted car.

I'm looking to matt-paint my car dark green and have one bright (metallic/shiny) red stripe for the whole length of the car on both sides.

- Whats the process to maintain matt paint?
- How do I maintain both matt and metallic paint on the same car?
- If I opt to use stickers instead of paint (for the red stripe)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience