Fellow ZTH Sabahans please help! Half cut sourcing

Jelemi84

Jul 22, 2006
Hi all,
I am trying to find for a reputable workshop in KK, Sabah.
Currently driving a 96' wira 1.3 carb and wish to source for 4g9x half cuts to consider for conversion if budget allows.
I've seen many converted wiras here but wonder where do you all source, install and tune it?
Currently i've only asked at TOKAI Kolombong but no stock at all, i know few mechanics there as my friend always bring his car there.
Looking forward to hear from fellow ZTH Sabahans! :proud:

Jelemi84

Jul 22, 2006
Bro DanzEterna, peterj from kuching i think... sarawak...

Jelemi84

Jul 22, 2006
oh, unfortunately i don't have any frens that has done any convertion..not even friend's fren.. :banghead:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
oh, unfortunately i don't have any frens that has done any convertion..not even friend's fren.. :banghead:
ooo in that case
maybe just hang out at the workshop where u see most of these converted wiras and just strike a conversation with some of the owners there i am sure they will give u some good info :burnout:

Jelemi84

Jul 22, 2006
Friend of mine (who has just converted his kelisa to a YRV recently :eating: ) tried calling 3 different workshops to source for 4gXX engine..all say tarah... one even say even if got.. need pay premium price for it.. 4g93T = RM12K for complete halfcut! WTF!
So expensive liaw?

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Friend of mine (who has just converted his kelisa to a YRV recently :eating: ) tried calling 3 different workshops to source for 4gXX engine..all say tarah... one even say even if got.. need pay premium price for it.. 4g93T = RM12K for complete halfcut! WTF!
So expensive liaw?
ooooo damm and here i thought stuff in sabah was cheap :banghead::banghead::banghead:
i guess then u still have the option of purchasing a halfcut from kl and shipping it over to ur place
but i tink in the end it will still come to about 12k
coz over here GSR is about 9k about the same as evo 3 price last time i checked coz nowdays endorsment is legally impossible

Jelemi84

Jul 22, 2006
haha no bro nothing in sabah is cheap.. chicken rice here also rm5 oledi lar.. clothing, cars, etc here all is 5% more expensive compared to peninsular.. half cut here surely more expensive due to shipping cost involved...
there's must be a halfcut waiting for me somewhere...hmmmmm
currently i have a taste for 4g93T.. cuz convert to 1.6 mcm alang.. hahah.. sorry to all 1.sixers!

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
haha no bro nothing in sabah is cheap.. chicken rice here also rm5 oledi lar.. clothing, cars, etc here all is 5% more expensive compared to peninsular.. half cut here surely more expensive due to shipping cost involved...
there's must be a halfcut waiting for me somewhere...hmmmmm
currently i have a taste for 4g93T.. cuz convert to 1.6 mcm alang.. hahah.. sorry to all 1.sixers!
i tink the prices there are so expensive probably becoz there arent many halfcuts around there so a lot of demand
thats why like i said best is to try and talk with the owners of those modified cars and try to ask them for some lubang to get cheaper halfcut and one shot recommend a good foreman to do the conversion job :rolleyes:
if u dont have any car frens its time to make some :biggrin:

Jelemi84

Jul 22, 2006
yea bro i am probably thinking so as well.. demand more than supply here.. but i wonder are they still many people in this day and age still converting to 4gXX engines? getting kinda old now...

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Try check for half cut price at some shop in inanam like Ah Ming Auto, Kam Lung, Tilija, New ST. Then, find out workshop that can help u do the conversion.

I can help u intro some workshop but before doing the conversion, you yourself need to determine the answer for this question.

1. Legal or illegal also possible??
2. What HP are you looking for?
3. Budgets?
4. Available extra car in case you need to send the car to workshop regularly?
5. Turbo or NA?

You need to understand what are you dealing with before jumping to the conclusion. Our law also ain't helping u much either.

Jelemi84

Jul 22, 2006
1. i have runners to approve 1.3 to 1.8.. so 'illegal' is made possible..
2. HP? 120-150WHP..
3. Around 10k
4. yes
5. prefer NA :driver:

Bro reintel, you from KK?