Experienced Tuner in KK/Brunei/Miri

ashabmy

Known Member
Sep 11, 2005
Labuan
www.cardomain.com
Friends,

I'm thinking of installing e-manage/SAFCII, but worry about any good tuner in KK. Heard about JC, but they seems to close their shop already. Any other alternative? KK will be prority, but dont mind to go to Brunei or Miri.

thanx..

ashabmy

Known Member
Sep 11, 2005
Labuan
www.cardomain.com
Daihatsu Mira/reintel,

TQ. Can I have JC phone number? or Hamid is working with JC?
Will visit them in my next trip to KK:regular_smile:

Daihatsu Mira

Known Member
Jan 23, 2005
Sabah
Visit site
no,hamid doesn't work in JC...he does own himself workshop...and he is a good tuner...he is expert in Haltech...
and he also the winner of 2nd tawau drag race...
he also can tune SAFC,EMANAGE,MICROTECH...etc...
try to contact him lah...
he is a very nice person...
cheers...
hope u can get good tune there...

cyborgsabah

Nov 18, 2003
Afghanistan
Visit site
can try Ah Tet (Speedway)... manage to get 2nd place of the first tawau drag race and winner of 2nd drag race (group A)... he can install and tune e-manage, s-afc & haltech... his contact no. 019-8297721, tell him man white evo2 intro...

ashabmy

Known Member
Sep 11, 2005
Labuan
www.cardomain.com
Tawau drag racing?

Wah... didn't know that they organised drag racing in Tawau! I came from Sabah East Coast, but only go back there twice a year.

thanx guys.. will see them in my next trip to KK. actually, two of us plan to install the SAFCII... for my Focus & for his Lynx RS.

cheers

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
I think my contribution to this thread was lost during processing by zerotohundred yesterday. So have to repost my message.

Sorry guys I can't agree with your recommendation to ashabmy about going for those tuners who happen to have won championship in drag races. What I wanted to say is that before ashabmy decide on which tuner to use, he should understand what purpose he is going to use his car for. For example, if you are merely going to turn your car into an all-out drag race car, I am sure you won't have much problem with the present tuners in Sabah.

However, if ashabmy is thinking of a daily driving car to go to work, ferrying gf/bf, etc and of course the power, you will have to look for an 'all rounder' tuner who can guarantee your car run like a factory car with all the usual comforts like air-con control, fuel economy, good starting in the morning, no spark plug fouling, and many more, but also get you the torque and power when you want to go racing once in a while to redline. According to freinds who have gone through the experience in Sabah, there is no such all round tuner in Sabah yet.

So when you want to use any tuner, make sure they can do the job properly. It pays if you don't rush yourself into this before checking out from your friends who have their cars done up recently by the same tuners.

And don't go for the tuners who say they can do it at very cheapy price like RM300 for all on a standalone computer. The actual cost for a proper job is much more than RM300. The reason why they charge cheap is they are still trying to get experience from experimenting with your cars and at the same time, they also do it cheap for advertising themselves first. A good respectable and confident tuner does not sell himself cheap. Neither do they do charity work as a living. Imagine what they wil say when your engine is blown during tuning. For RM300 tuning fee, what do you expect them to compensate your loss?

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
wahhh,soo long ar ur explaination? like that, send to me lah, i charge RM100 for tuning, then can save RM200 for hotel stay! hehehe......

phoenixpower

Aug 12, 2004
nova said:
I think my contribution to this thread was lost during processing by zerotohundred yesterday. So have to repost my message.

However, if ashabmy is thinking of a daily driving car to go to work, ferrying gf/bf, etc and of course the power, you will have to look for an 'all rounder' tuner who can guarantee your car run like a factory car with all the usual comforts like air-con control, fuel economy, good starting in the morning, no spark plug fouling, and many more, but also get you the torque and power when you want to go racing once in a while to redline. According to freinds who have gone through the experience in Sabah, there is no such all round tuner in Sabah yet.
Nicely put.

I would assume that your mods on your Focus is very minimal unless you have a WRC spec Zetec engine:regular_smile: .

IMO, I dont mind spending my cash on upgraded ECU chip(e.g Superchip, BBR's starchip) than allowing someone destroy my engine. It's not easy sourcing your engine parts when sh*t happens plus the time wasted.

Just my two cents.

Daihatsu Mira

Known Member
Jan 23, 2005
Sabah
Visit site
reintel said:
wahhh,soo long ar ur explaination? like that, send to me lah, i charge RM100 for tuning, then can save RM200 for hotel stay! hehehe......
haha...agree with reintel...
long explaination...
in sabah...who's else can tuned those standalone ecu?
can someone list out here...
but i know some can seriously can tuned mircotech and haltech and some branded aftermarket ecu...
there are :
1.chris(mircotech dealer in kk)
2.ringo(mircotech dealer in tawau)
3.hamid(haltech dealer in kk)
4.ah tet (experience mechanic in kk)
5. ?
who can help me to filled the following ...

almost all the above are quite famous tuner in sabah...
if u want to install aftemarket ecu then wanna run ur engine like factory setting..what i can said is ,it is POSSIBLE..coz tuning is from the tuner...
try to found out tuning with hamid...some of my frens had install haltech with him ,then get satified with his tuning...
their car also can run with aircond when the traffic is jam...
morning start also okay...
what the problem u facing not mean they cant fix it ,just depends on them want to do the best or not...
all the function are in the ecu.but some of them just fully tune it...
and not all the people who install aftermarket and go ferrying their gf/bf...
some of them install aftermarket ecu is for RACING purpose only ,so their dont ask to fully tuned...
and for those who wnat to race and want to daily use car can asked for good tune....
but if u guys request for it then they can help to done it...
example:my fren wira install evo2 engine and install haltech with hamid...
then i sak him any different with the ori ecu...then he's answer is the fuel is more economy...and get more power gain...

so before u install a aftermarket ecu better ask...
then compare first ,and think deeply...
cheers...

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Tuning engineers of car manufactuerers in the world spent thousands of manhours in getting the production car to run optimal in all roads conditions so that they can sell their cars. They are also mindful of fuel economy and no one factory wants to their products to be a gas guzzler. For RM300 and a few hours of road tunes and don't know how many times to arrange for the car to ulangi balik workshop, I don't think anyone can call it a good tune.Sorry. :)

ashabmy

Known Member
Sep 11, 2005
Labuan
www.cardomain.com
Wow... didn't expect this thread will be this "hot". BTW, thanks all for the input.

For info, me & my friend just would like to have a bit of power & satisfaction for modification. Not intended for racing purposes. If for racing, I would buy the an old japanesse car & modify kaw-kaw. Dont think I will risk my Focus for racing:_: So far our mods (Focus & Lynx RS):
1) CAI intake
2) Hotbit full exhaust system
3) e-manage (soon) + dyno test
Next plan will be light turbo or supercharge.

I've searching for SAFCII & other mods stuffs in KK. Went to Empire (Bukit Padang), G-Power (P'pang) & other shops, most of them recommended JC for the tuning. Good thing about JC is they have a Dyno & so called "experienced". Some other friends also told me incident of mechanic blown the engine during tuning, but they cant confirm the mechanic/shop name.

Will definitely visit those guys & find out more. Dont mind to pay extra but the quality & confidence.

cheers

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Nova,

i can agree your long statement. however, please for heaven sake! KK Bah ni !! firstly we dont have machine to test, we dont have place to learn, we dont have circuit for road test. if for jalan2 and some increase in power, i think those tuner can do it. u have to bear in mind, any changes such as intake system, fuel delivery system would need a proper tune up to match back on watever gadget they have installed. if like that, i suggest u to start writing, 'Why don't we ban performance shop'. most of the tuners using wideband AFR to ensure right mixture before they head off for road tuning. u can't trust 100% from dyno machine to give a good setup as there are much other things u have to take consideration and it can be a major one such as wind velocity, engine bay temp, road temp, baro thing.. blah,blah,blah...........

judging from ur statement, im sure u found a great tuner, right? wudn't mind to reveal here so i too can send my car there??