exhaust suggestions for R34 GTT auto?

enytsw

Jun 7, 2006
Hi guys,

Thinking of changing my stock exaust for something with more oomphh...

Any recommendations - in terms of power increase, sound, and of course $$$?

Also should I change the downpipe as well? Heard that some back pressure is needed for an auto. Would the downpipe change be advisable??

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
3 inch piping , catless (if you are not an enviromental activist), get a midbox for auto, there is a difference..for muffler, you have a lot to choose from... *garang* sound, bassy sound, silent setup...

airtreknic

Known Member
Feb 26, 2007
Joethurr i'm currently using Catless HKS Hi-Power Silent is from mid box till the back and now thinking of removing the catalatic converter and change the downpipe will there be any difference. Any suggestion guys??? Will there be more kick at the top end of pick up???

Enytsw, you custom made your downpipe or bought from those performance parts shop??

Last edited:

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
heee, dun worry nobody will give u summon for tht at Malaysia...only ur neighbour complain so loud exhaust everytimes start the car!

I`m running catless too, and realize a bit power and torque on mid and high end (>4500rpm).Since catless the O2 sensor also like to read and give RICH a/f to ecu.Always pop up fire on high rpm everytimes shiftdwn gear when the engine enuf warm.

Fuel compsumtion is more than before~

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
3 inch straight pipe. no muffler. at the back bukak 4 inches.

airtreknic

Known Member
Feb 26, 2007
farizio i think it's gonna sound worst then a track car........:biggrin:

Last edited:

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
airtreknic, what kaminari said is right, u will feel a gain in torque and power... not to worry at all about the environment... "smoke now, pay later"....

airtreknic

Known Member
Feb 26, 2007
yeah true true, smoke now, paylater. any suggestion to buy a new downpipe or customize one. Is the cat the one which looks like a bee hive and is it before the downpipe??? And actually will there be any problem after removing the catalatic converter???????

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
airtechnic, the missing 'link' is where the cat is located.

enytsw

Jun 7, 2006
Many thanks for the feedback...

Airtreknik - I have yet to install a downpipe. Am thinking of installing it together with the exhaust as heard it is supposed to give more power. But at the same time, unsure if there will be too much loss in backpressure required for an auto. Is yours auto or manual? How's your HKS exhaust by the way?

Joethurr - is the midbox supposed to help with the back pressure? On the sound of exhaust - prefer low bassy...Basically, want the power but not wake up the neighbours... :)
any good suggestions?

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Then it`s a good idea u change the turbo outlet too wth the downpipe.If concern abt back pressure, S-flow could help a bit.For bassy and low noise find oval type muffler (5Zigen/Nismo) and comes wth mid muffler.

airtreknic

Known Member
Feb 26, 2007
Enytsw, after i have change the HKS exhaust feel better flow and smother ride during top end.

V-Spec, ok now i know where is the cat and i've decided to remove it.

Guy's, where can i get the downpipe and turbo outlet for my GTT stock turbo?? And just say if i decide to upgrade the turbo can the turbo outlet be reuse or i have to change ???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Most of the arrangements have been finalised, so here are the preliminary details for the clinic/workshop/get-together:

Date: 23rd May 2009

Time: 2 pm

Venue:
31, Jalan Sibu 16, Taman Wahyu,
Batu 6, Jalan Ipoh,
68100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Map to the Venue

As with other workshop that we've...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience