Exhaust Pipe

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Hello. I'm using Wira Sedan manual 1.5 injection without engine modification.

Recently, i had upgraded my exhaust system. The modifications are:

1. 4-2-1 Extractor
2. Exhaust pipe 2" with bullet - According to the mechanic, the size is 2". (Manufactured for wira 1.5 with headers).
3. JamSpeed Twin-Tip S-Flow Muffler

I'm a little worried that you all said that the maximum exhaust pipe for 1.3-1.5 Wira is 1.78". What should I do? My fuel consumption is improving, and top-speed is increasing. Before changing the piping, I already installed 4-2-1 extractor, and when I change the exhaust pipe to 2" i've noticed that the car is much 'lighter' when i press the as pedal. Or is it just psychological effect?

On the other hand, i've noticed a 'preng' sound when i rev the car coming out from the muffler. Is it caused by stronger exhaust gas due to larger exhaust piping? What should i do? Should i installed another bullet with the existing bullet or discard the existing bullet and replace it with a new bullet that can absorb the 'preng' sound? What kind of bullet should i use? Normal bullet or spiral bullet? What is the advantage of spiral bullet? I'm still keeping the standard exhaust pipe with me.

Thanks.
when mech said is 2"..normally internal was 1.78"...so no worry

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
tumpan tanya ya..
recenly my wira mivec is finish but wit ori 1.5 piping anyone can suggest wat kind of piping i need to mod or no need mod in addition my mivec is an auto trans. I don't like those loud sound so silent ,fuel saving and power( imposible la right??) is my aim.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
tumpan tanya ya..
recenly my wira mivec is finish but wit ori 1.5 piping anyone can suggest wat kind of piping i need to mod or no need mod in addition my mivec is an auto trans. I don't like those loud sound so silent ,fuel saving and power( imposible la right??) is my aim.
2.0" would be nice for mivec 1.6....

Malakian

Oct 30, 2007
when mech said is 2"..normally internal was 1.78"...so no worry
Thanks seanlee. How about the 'preng' sound when i rev the car? The mech suggested to me to add another bullet to absorb the sound or retain the exhaust gas a little bit. What kind of bullet should i use? Normal or the spiral one? Where should i install the new bullet, just after the built-in bullet or alongway the built-in bullet? Thanks.

dr.who

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
Hey guys,

Just would to chip in...

I'm just curious why some cars have original / stock exhaust pipes bended downwards for eg: Toyota Vios.

Is there any advantage of this?

TQ.

Malakian

Oct 30, 2007
Hello. Any sifu here that can help me with the preng/tin can sound that my muffller produce. Is it caused by the muffler or the bullet? Need advice from you all. Thanks.

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
since this topic is alive back..

i also wanna ask few question.

my car is wira gsr. engine is stock modification. so what is the best size for my piping... i scared those exhaust shop conn me.. haha
ty

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Hello. Any sifu here that can help me with the preng/tin can sound that my muffller produce. Is it caused by the muffler or the bullet? Need advice from you all. Thanks.
usually the rear muffler that produce that sound.maybe built quality is low.
since this topic is alive back..

i also wanna ask few question.

my car is wira gsr. engine is stock modification. so what is the best size for my piping... i scared those exhaust shop conn me.. haha
ty
2.5" is suitable for ur engine.
straight piping 2.5 from nanas to the muffler shud b okay kot for gsr... :P
no need kot kot...hehehe...ur right mar.std gsr,2.5" is enough unless u modified
kaki.:)

Malakian

Oct 30, 2007
Brother GT_Auto, what brand of s-flow muffler that u recommend me to use. How about for below RM250 budget? Twin-tip maybe? Before this, i use stock wira muffler. after changing the piping, i heard 'preng' sound when i rev the car. then try ot install new stock wira muffler, but it still the same. then install this jamspeed twin-tip. Can you give me some advice to select the right muffler? Thanks.

RyanTham

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cheras
i just bought 1 pro-1 racing s-flow muffler...any comment bout this muffler.???
now i was wondering why my s-flow also produce such bassy sound and after i rev until 4.5k rpm...the sound getting more and more louder...after 4.5k rpm....it turns to no sound....weird weird...and comments?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
i just bought 1 pro-1 racing s-flow muffler...any comment bout this muffler.???
now i was wondering why my s-flow also produce such bassy sound and after i rev until 4.5k rpm...the sound getting more and more louder...after 4.5k rpm....it turns to no sound....weird weird...and comments?
bassy is a good start.below 4.5k the exhaust flow is still struggling to exit from
ur exhaust system that's why the loud noise.after 4.5k,the exhaust gas become
smooth liow hence the lower sound.

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
bro i wud wanna chg my piping to 2.5" and end wid a 3 inch muffler for my 4g93p BOT
isit ok?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

happy new year folks
need some advice here...

i have changed all 4 engine mounts on my 4g93 twice
and now it has happened for a 3rd time this time only at the front mount(near radiator) gone and has terrible vibrations
i spoke to a few mechanics and they told me they cant do much and recently
i found mount has inclined on one side, whenever i change gear, there is a noise that does not allow me to rev alot, like something is about to break.....

i was thinking of the Chasis...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience