proton gti 4g93p exhaust pipe

cowcow

Nov 16, 2009
sabah
i have some questions to ask all the sifu around here that i had a gti year 2000...
1. how to install a safc with siemen ecu???
2. what size of exhaust and how to suit for it... ori is around 2' ... what i mean is after 4-2-1 to the end???
3. i heard that some ppl said that change the ecu and head to mivec will be improve a lot... only change that 2 things??? how abt the piston and valve??? and how abt the fuel respond will be use more or least???

Last edited:

MaNofWaR

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2003
On the AiR
Visit site
1. so far ppl with siemmens based GTi would go for unichip as it works well with siemmens ecu
2. as for exhaust...with mild mods done...just upgrade to a 2.1-2.25" piping. mandrel bends is prefered. get a more free flowing muffler upgrade as well
3. swapping a mivec head or ecu is 'not' really just that. these mods require proper research & work to be done to extract most of the potential output.

if u were to prefer moving on a piggyback upgrade on unichip...u dont hv to change the wiring n ecu. from there onwards, with exhaust mods, proper tuning u should gain some. then u can further enhance to power with aftermarket camshafts coz the piggyback is able to tweak & compensate until a certain level.

just bare in mind N/A upgrade requires lotsa homework & research. unique in its own way. some ppl just swap a gsr engine to fulfill their need for power.

cowcow

Nov 16, 2009
sabah
i never play N/A mod car... i wish to try once... ori for gti exhaust pipe is what size???

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Year 2000 GTI is not as powerful as the 1st generation of GTI. I am driving one now and what is the top speed that you could achieve so far? I found it very difficuilt to reach even 200km/h on the highway previously and damn, I can't even potong a 1.6L Mivec...I tried many modifications like installing the SAFC, 4-2-1 extractor, 2" piping, metal gasket, re-chip ECU, etc... the gain is hp is very minimal though but you could try it first. My friend's wira with 1st generation of GTI engine...his 3rd gear can tarik until 180km/h...

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
1st gen GTI 99-00 (sept) MMC ECU
2nd gen GTI sept 00 & above Siemens ECU.
As far as i know, GTi come with 3type of ECU.
1st gen - 2468
2nd gen - 0450
3rd gen - siement ECU
I'm not sure the exact date when every gen produce. But none of them can be compared stock to stock with 5537 ECU which come with limited wira 1.8 and 1st model putra.

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
yup i'm driving one too, very hopeless driving one wit siemen ecu ,many friend say Gti very powerfull ,but for me not even chase my previous wira with 4g92 mivec some more auto one.
but now i'm planning to change the siemen ecu to MMC any ideal the cost and the thing need to prepare?? or i also thinking of swap with my mivec head and ecu can it be done??

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Better swap the whole engine la...I guess the piston is also different ler...kindly confirm...

yup i'm driving one too, very hopeless driving one wit siemen ecu ,many friend say Gti very powerfull ,but for me not even chase my previous wira with 4g92 mivec some more auto one.
but now i'm planning to change the siemen ecu to MMC any ideal the cost and the thing need to prepare?? or i also thinking of swap with my mivec head and ecu can it be done??

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Dan,
This is one of the reasons la...too bad I didn't get the chance to test the 1st generation GTI...

1st gen GTI 99-00 (sept) MMC ECU
2nd gen GTI sept 00 & above Siemens ECU.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
If u plan to change the ECU, u need to find the ECU, wiring and air flow sensor. But those 5537, 2468 or 0450 ECU quite hard to find since it only be used by proton. no mitsu model come with this ECU as far as i know. Don't try to find it at halfcut. The other alternative is using 6123 ECU which come with japan 4G93 japan but it wont perform like 5537. I've been using 5537 more than 4years and still not sure the rev cut at what rpm. It's seems like no rev cut. The only thing that i like with 4G93 with siemens ECU is, its using map sensor instead of aif flow sensor. From my opinion, map sensor read air more accurate than air flow sensor. MAP sensor read air by pressure and help by air temp sensor to determine the exact amount of air entering ur engine while air flow just detect how many air cross through it and it have no idea bout the temp of air since it don't have air temp sensor. The best thing is if u can find the 5537 ecu, and send ur car to any wiring sifu who know how to make the ECU read air using ur current MAP sensor.

saubergoh

Known Member
Sep 7, 2005
subang usj
mine is siemen ecu..and is totally riginal..im thinking to upgrade my exhaust system..what should i do??any commenthere??hanks

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Bro, with 220km/h, it is considered good liao..I reached that when I changed the ECU chip, metal gasket, exhaust pipe, extractor, etc...

last time i try my topspeed is 220kmh, otw to klia.
and one of my "inject" suspension sudenly so lembut. lol

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
Siemens ECU cannot do anything if want to install SAFC, need to change whole wayering system..go for Microtech LT-10s or Haltech Sprint 500, much more better! Good luck! :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, in this post I will show you what is the culprit when side mirror cannot auto-flip.

First we need to remove the mirror by pry from below. Do it carefully

Then remove 4 screw that hold side mirror cover.

Here what it will look like...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience