Exhaust Pipe

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Changing the exhaust will leads to more fuel burning?
not necessary burn more fuel....coz your fuel burning inside the piston and engine block...but when you use the wrong piping for your car...will end up let your engine suffer...lagging or no backpressure...therefor fuel need to burn more due to pedal press harder...

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
hallo...
how about standard 4g15p...???
if standard 4g15, like gt auto sed, not much of a difference but u can opt for a size up to 1.8 inch no prob, 2 inches for major mods oledi...

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
its true wat seanlee sed earlier, but actually for an exhaust system, no one wants backpressure, it is the scavenging of the exhaust gases which people want where flow is optimum...

too big exhaust piping resulting in laggy response n power does not mean it needs backpressure to be better, what it needs is a smaller exhaust piping which will bring back proper exhaust scavenging...

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
oh guys..not to forget...about hot air flow faster...cold air flow slower...if too big for the piping..alot energy will be lost during the flow ..... but yet therefore some workshop for POwerzone they recomend on his car which is 4g15 with 120hp..is actually runing on 1.6" inch only.... coz they wan to remain the heat of the gas to flow faster due to more heat more energy...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
oh guys..not to forget...about hot air flow faster...cold air flow slower...if too big for the piping..alot energy will be lost during the flow ..... but yet therefore some workshop for POwerzone they recomend on his car which is 4g15 with 120hp..is actually runing on 1.6" inch only.... coz they wan to remain the heat of the gas to flow faster due to more heat more energy...
they just wanna keep the torque due to 4g15 is sohc & 1.5liter nia....

12v or 16v 1..??

Malakian

Oct 30, 2007
Hello. I'm using Wira Sedan manual 1.5 injection without engine modification.

Recently, i had upgraded my exhaust system. The modifications are:

1. 4-2-1 Extractor
2. Exhaust pipe 2" with bullet - According to the mechanic, the size is 2". (Manufactured for wira 1.5 with headers).
3. JamSpeed Twin-Tip S-Flow Muffler

I'm a little worried that you all said that the maximum exhaust pipe for 1.3-1.5 Wira is 1.78". What should I do? My fuel consumption is improving, and top-speed is increasing. Before changing the piping, I already installed 4-2-1 extractor, and when I change the exhaust pipe to 2" i've noticed that the car is much 'lighter' when i press the as pedal. Or is it just psychological effect?

On the other hand, i've noticed a 'preng' sound when i rev the car coming out from the muffler. Is it caused by stronger exhaust gas due to larger exhaust piping? What should i do? Should i installed another bullet with the existing bullet or discard the existing bullet and replace it with a new bullet that can absorb the 'preng' sound? What kind of bullet should i use? Normal bullet or spiral bullet? What is the advantage of spiral bullet? I'm still keeping the standard exhaust pipe with me.

Thanks.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
since u said there's improvement on ur car,leave it.psychological or not,
only u know the answer to it.

Malakian

Oct 30, 2007
since u said there's improvement on ur car,leave it.psychological or not,
only u know the answer to it.
Thanks GT_AUTO. Any other opinions, about the piping size, bullet type selection and the 'preng' sound when revving the car?

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Hello. I'm using Wira Sedan manual 1.5 injection without engine modification.

Recently, i had upgraded my exhaust system. The modifications are:

1. 4-2-1 Extractor
2. Exhaust pipe 2" with bullet - According to the mechanic, the size is 2". (Manufactured for wira 1.5 with headers).
3. JamSpeed Twin-Tip S-Flow Muffler

I'm a little worried that you all said that the maximum exhaust pipe for 1.3-1.5 Wira is 1.78". What should I do? My fuel consumption is improving, and top-speed is increasing. Before changing the piping, I already installed 4-2-1 extractor, and when I change the exhaust pipe to 2" i've noticed that the car is much 'lighter' when i press the as pedal. Or is it just psychological effect?

On the other hand, i've noticed a 'preng' sound when i rev the car coming out from the muffler. Is it caused by stronger exhaust gas due to larger exhaust piping? What should i do? Should i installed another bullet with the existing bullet or discard the existing bullet and replace it with a new bullet that can absorb the 'preng' sound? What kind of bullet should i use? Normal bullet or spiral bullet? What is the advantage of spiral bullet? I'm still keeping the standard exhaust pipe with me.

Thanks.
when mech said is 2"..normally internal was 1.78"...so no worry

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
tumpan tanya ya..
recenly my wira mivec is finish but wit ori 1.5 piping anyone can suggest wat kind of piping i need to mod or no need mod in addition my mivec is an auto trans. I don't like those loud sound so silent ,fuel saving and power( imposible la right??) is my aim.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
tumpan tanya ya..
recenly my wira mivec is finish but wit ori 1.5 piping anyone can suggest wat kind of piping i need to mod or no need mod in addition my mivec is an auto trans. I don't like those loud sound so silent ,fuel saving and power( imposible la right??) is my aim.
2.0" would be nice for mivec 1.6....

Malakian

Oct 30, 2007
when mech said is 2"..normally internal was 1.78"...so no worry
Thanks seanlee. How about the 'preng' sound when i rev the car? The mech suggested to me to add another bullet to absorb the sound or retain the exhaust gas a little bit. What kind of bullet should i use? Normal or the spiral one? Where should i install the new bullet, just after the built-in bullet or alongway the built-in bullet? Thanks.

dr.who

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
Hey guys,

Just would to chip in...

I'm just curious why some cars have original / stock exhaust pipes bended downwards for eg: Toyota Vios.

Is there any advantage of this?

TQ.

Malakian

Oct 30, 2007
Hello. Any sifu here that can help me with the preng/tin can sound that my muffller produce. Is it caused by the muffler or the bullet? Need advice from you all. Thanks.

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
since this topic is alive back..

i also wanna ask few question.

my car is wira gsr. engine is stock modification. so what is the best size for my piping... i scared those exhaust shop conn me.. haha
ty

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Hello. Any sifu here that can help me with the preng/tin can sound that my muffller produce. Is it caused by the muffler or the bullet? Need advice from you all. Thanks.
usually the rear muffler that produce that sound.maybe built quality is low.
since this topic is alive back..

i also wanna ask few question.

my car is wira gsr. engine is stock modification. so what is the best size for my piping... i scared those exhaust shop conn me.. haha
ty
2.5" is suitable for ur engine.
straight piping 2.5 from nanas to the muffler shud b okay kot for gsr... :P
no need kot kot...hehehe...ur right mar.std gsr,2.5" is enough unless u modified
kaki.:)

Malakian

Oct 30, 2007
Brother GT_Auto, what brand of s-flow muffler that u recommend me to use. How about for below RM250 budget? Twin-tip maybe? Before this, i use stock wira muffler. after changing the piping, i heard 'preng' sound when i rev the car. then try ot install new stock wira muffler, but it still the same. then install this jamspeed twin-tip. Can you give me some advice to select the right muffler? Thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Keeping the cost of racing down is one way to get more masses to jump in the driver’s seat and scratch that racing itch. However, it’s no secret that racing is a hard habit on the wallet and no matter how you look at it, cost will always become an issues.

One of the cheapest ways into racing is through the spec-racing route. Everything is kept...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience