engine transplant or get a new ride ?

eugenekeith

Nov 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys , im new in zth . nice to meet all of u . am driving a 15 years old satria 1.3 , which brings me alot of problems . planning to transplant an engine in but as JPJ rules stated , 1.3cc can only convert up to 1.5cc or mayb 1.6cc if i grab more cash from wallet . as im confusing , which would be the best choice if i have 2 option , transplant engine or get another ride . budget for getting another ride will be around 40-70k .
hope brader brader will give some opinion to me .:biggrin::biggrin:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hi guys , im new in zth . nice to meet all of u . am driving a 15 years old satria 1.3 , which brings me alot of problems . planning to transplant an engine in but as JPJ rules stated , 1.3cc can only convert up to 1.5cc or mayb 1.6cc if i grab more cash from wallet . as im confusing , which would be the best choice if i have 2 option , transplant engine or get another ride . budget for getting another ride will be around 40-70k .
hope brader brader will give some opinion to me .:biggrin::biggrin:
with that budget getting a new car would always be more preferable less problems less hassle :rolleyes:

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
Plenty of new car too choose from your budget bro,you can get 4 doors car such as vios,swift,etc.pay the deposit(normally within 5k range).and enjoy new car.of course monthly need to commit payment.
With new car no need to worry for warranty and service(oil chg,etc),all covered in package. I have frens who ride quite old car,monthly repair sometimes can reach 700 because wear and tear.(aircon leak,overheat,here and there break)

eugenekeith

Nov 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
thanks for the opinions :biggrin:
even all of my frd recommend me the get a new ride , or a younger car etc 07-10 born car .
but am looking for car with perfomance based , like satria neo cps is in my list if im going to get a new ride . but unconfident with that car coz heard many bad comments from zth-ians or other forums .
And actually im itchy to get a satria gti r3 . hahaha , but it will be a joke if i changed my car to a similar car .

eugenekeith

Nov 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Street racing car perhaps . as im the only person who will drive the car . and take a new ride as a 2nd car for after work driving . how u guys think about satria neo cps ? need a cps owner to give some opinions here . :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
don't buy new car...

if u carefully manage your budget then your old satria can be better than those new car :adore:

1st get the 4g92mivec halfcut,transplant everything...i really mean everything from the h/c....then get UR rear anti rollbar,...then get new adjustable suspension,replace all bushing into PU bushing, get decent bodykit (mivec if yours was mirage body model)...sent for spray, get a set of new 15" rims and tyres......tada~ :driver: satisfaction

keep the engine stock would be better option....just play with exhaust,adjustable pulley and air intake simple mod would be good enough....

Last edited:

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
hahaha ^pomen_GTR^...u are the only one in this thread recommends 2nd hand car....but I'm with u:top:...For TS, 1st u have to make sure what are u looking for...

1)Brand new car
-Need to ready min 5000 at least for the d/pymt.
-Monthly commitment that can reach bout 1k(depends on what car u opt)
-Dont need to think bout ur car parts (if still in warranty, juz go to 3S,wait in the aircond waiting room, relax with a cuppa coffee&tada..ur car is ready)

2)2nd hand car
-U can buy cash, then straight away u can have an itchy hands to ur ride. Can modified whatever u like w/o worrying those modification will void ur warranty.
-Have a bragging rights(the car is not under finance anymore)hehehehe...new car must wait several years to settled , then only it's yours.
-Can learn bout parts, price of the parts, where to get it (comes in handy when we encounter with crooked workshop owner). So we cant be easily become a victim a.k.a been conned.

anyway, all the decision is in ur hand, my friend...choose wisely

eugenekeith

Nov 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
don't buy new car...

if u carefully manage your budget then your old satria can be better than those new car :adore:

1st get the 4g92mivec halfcut,transplant everything...i really mean everything from the h/c....then get UR rear anti rollbar,...then get new adjustable suspension,replace all bushing into PU bushing, get decent bodykit (mivec if yours was mirage body model)...sent for spray, get a set of new 15" rims and tyres......tada~ :driver: satisfaction

keep the engine stock would be better option....just play with exhaust,adjustable pulley and air intake simple mod would be good enough....
thanks bro , im having the same thinking with u . what i need to do to my car if i want to keep up with my recent car is to transplant engine only . adjustable , rim , body kit , body spray all is done on my recent car . is only the bushing , do u have idea that how much it would cost for the whole chasis ?

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

hahaha ^pomen_GTR^...u are the only one in this thread recommends 2nd hand car....but I'm with u:top:...For TS, 1st u have to make sure what are u looking for...

1)Brand new car
-Dont need to think bout ur car parts (if still in warranty, juz go to 3S,wait in the aircond waiting room, relax with a cuppa coffee&tada..ur car is ready)

2)2nd hand car
-U can buy cash, then straight away u can have an itchy hands to ur ride. Can modified whatever u like w/o worrying those modification will void ur warranty.
-Have a bragging rights(the car is not under finance anymore)hehehehe...new car must wait several years to settled , then only it's yours.
-Can learn bout parts, price of the parts, where to get it (comes in handy when we encounter with crooked workshop owner). So we cant be easily become a victim a.k.a been conned.

thats why , if ii buy new car . my financial wouldn't be that loose for me to gatal to my car . 40-50k budget car is just nice for me as my gaji only sikit sikit .thanks bro for ur opinion . gong xi fa chai and have a prosperous year . :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

gong xi fa chai to all . have a prosperous year and stay hehttp://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/images/smilies/gtnsmilies/party.gifalthy . :party:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
bushing if not mistaken
Jual rm65 sebijik. Call je 016 3514580 Sharoul.
*not me....thats for rear lower arm bushing....for all round set try call that number....

complete halfcut for mivec now around 11k if not mistaken (with rear disc brake set) :adore:

or for bushing maybe u can check here as i saw this ad in mudah.my http://www.mudah.my/li?ca=9_s&id=78522

Last edited:

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...

1)Brand new car

2)2nd hand car

you forgot to add

brand new car

1) wife shuddup and enjoy passenger seat when you driving.

second hand car

2) everyday nag you ask you change car. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo! my engine oil is now middle half ( below Max above Min ), because i finish my current 15w50, can i add using 20w50 or any grades? thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience