Engine Wira 1997 1.3 has clocked over 270,000km. To Overhaul or transplant?

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Guys,

my car has reached over 270k km.

It needs an overhaul.

It is either that or an engine transplant. Will an engine kosong be ok?

This is an everyday. So i'm not considering a 1.8l engine.

Can you guys give me an advice? I've searched the whole forum but i haven't decided yet.

thanks

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
overhaul

coz if u transplant, u will end up with a used unknown condition engine
Which probably needs to be overhauled to be in tip top condition.

so like skywalker said,overhaul yours is much better...at least you know where its been.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

when you say transplant,are you considering this cause you want performance or juz wanna know whether overhaul your current 1.3 or transplant another 1.3 engine kosong is better?

cause if you wanna convert to 1.5,you can get 4g15.but better to overhaul the 4g15 before transplant.juz get engine kosong.

if you get 4g91...1.5 twin cam...then cant get engine kosong...

Sonic Thunder

Known Member
Jun 23, 2008
u hv got 2 choices...1.6 MIVEC or 4G91...
can BOT or play N/A...both ways oso damn cun!
jst my opinion bro!
gluck wit da conversion!

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
heheheh ..after he get more confused...

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
rojak 4g15 block..nonit 2 inspect also nvm...jpj open hood c stock engine also lazy 2 chk edi..the only prob is dun get accident...coz insurance adjuster will view n snap pic of the car...chasis num n engine num

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
I need the car for everyday purpose. So 1.3 will suffice.

I have a quotation that an overhauls costs around RM3k. So have to weigh on whether this is ok or i can get a 1.5 with the same price.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when you say transplant,are you considering this cause you want performance or juz wanna know whether overhaul your current 1.3 or transplant another 1.3 engine kosong is better?

cause if you wanna convert to 1.5,you can get 4g15.but better to overhaul the 4g15 before transplant.juz get engine kosong.

if you get 4g91...1.5 twin cam...then cant get engine kosong...[/QUOTE]

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Guys,

It needs an overhaul.

Can you guys give me an advice? I've searched the whole forum but i haven't decided yet.

thanks
mod no need la. to some power up till 500bhp oso not enuff.

when you mention 'daily', i vote overhaul.
properly done, that should give it another 270k km worth of life.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site

I have a quotation that an overhauls costs around RM3k. So have to weigh on whether this is ok or i can get a 1.5 with the same price.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/QUOTE]

overhaul can liao...

no matter what engine u buying/upgrading, u are getting an old engine with unknown condition... hence it is best to overhaul unknown condition engine as u do not know when will it breakdown... means if u plans to upgrade, u need cash to buy the engine and additional cash to overhaul it...

if 1.3 is suffice for u, jz overhaul ur current engine...extra money can belanja me makan...

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
overhaul can liao...

no matter what engine u buying/upgrading, u are getting an old engine with unknown condition... hence it is best to overhaul unknown condition engine as u do not know when will it breakdown... means if u plans to upgrade, u need cash to buy the engine and additional cash to overhaul it...

if 1.3 is suffice for u, jz overhaul ur current engine...extra money can belanja me makan...
...one soul spared from the dark side of automotive... :adore:

sorry aa zidane, can't help it :biggrin:

just make sure you get a good mechanic that you trust.... to share my experience...

during my NA days, my engine always overheat... then the pomen recommend top overhaul and service radiator... after overhaul process, my valve lifter (i'm using kancil injection 850cc DOHC so no tappet to adjust) plak got noise ktak ktak like some mitsu engines but all the time bunyi.... turned out the pomen nver bother to put back the valves according to their original place, main hantam saja... suggest me to add shims (add more money).... still the noise was there but louder!

last2 got leaking... head gasket kong (after top overhaul :hmmmm: )... after 6months of topping up engine oil...cannot tahan then decide to swap to my current turbo engine...

oops! sorry, drag a bit... but the point is
  1. get an experience and reliable mechanic that you trust
  2. spent as much time as possible at the workshop to see the mechanic work...

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site

[/QUOTE]
ohh need 3k so expensive meh?? no need la for 1.3 engine... better find trusted workshop...as i know le i buy part for full overhaul only cost me rm300 is the most and still have extra all also good part.. then labour charge as i know is about rm800 is the most expensive 1 aready ....

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
tats y a lot of mech dun really know how 2 do overhaul 1...i c many ppl spent alot on top overhaul but more n more prob occur...get a mech,find a good block then just direct replace

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
as i know engine kosong 1.5 also need rm 1k lo but some time no need spend so many then also can good job dy

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Guys,

It needs an overhaul.

thanks
does yr car giving u problem now?
it eats up engine oil? - got white/blue smokes already?
if not, then i think it can still serve u well, just replace some wear & tear parts and change yr oil regularly.
i took in a wira with mileage 420,000km once and the car still in good condition.......save some bucks....coz if u start "rojak-ing" yr car with parts here & there...u ended up burning holes in yr pocket.

furthermore, engine transplant & endorsement with jpj for upgrading engine will cost u easily over thousand - since its a daily driven car, keep it stock....kindly re-consider. juz my 2cents.

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
cinversion is cool if u have $$ and more $$$ why i say that is because first u need to buy halfcut o do ur tansplant , then u have to overhaul bcoz god noes how long the engine was left in d shop and also u ahve to pay ur mechanic labour. Then after ur engine all in perfect condition you have to register ur engine which also means feed the hungry jpj officers if u unlucky some may make it simple and help u but sum are very hungry.

I would recomend to overhaul it will cost less then rm1.5k and u consider getting a brand new engine just take care and it will last another 270k km.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have the folowing problem. I have bouth the alarm a cupple jears ago.(4jears) at a dealer in holland. it was installed in a old corsa.(wife's car) when the car went to the junkjard i removed the alarm.
In this time i moved to a diverend house. so the original box and munual where trown away by my wife!:banghead:

I whent back to the dealer for a new manual so i could install it in my own car. unfurtuntly the dealer dousn't exist anymore.:mad:

I tride to find the manufacter of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience