Engine oil For Neo cps

syaq0707

Known Member
Sep 8, 2006
i use HKS super response..damn ringan bro!! HAHA!! ALTHOUGH USE RON95 ONLY!! HAHAH

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
when u guys said motul 10w40, were u referring to motul H-TEC (fully sync) or motul 6100 synergie (semi sync) ?
yalah..me also confuse..which one? motul 4100 turbolight ka or 6100 synergie or 300v? bro katak please help..hehe

S_04

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
jz go for 5-30 motul H-Tech Full synt. good ....

stuffx

Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
try torco sr-1 fully sync. you'll definitely feel the difference

Rily

Jun 5, 2009
Hi Guys,

Can I ask what will happen if I service my car once in 6mths which it only reaches 5k km, any harm to the heart?

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

anyway,my 2cents worth, ive tried using motul 6100 10-40, it revs happily, but currently using lexus full-syn, durable but my car doesn't sound happy during high rev.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Hi Guys,

Can I ask what will happen if I service my car once in 6mths which it only reaches 5k km, any harm to the heart?

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

anyway,my 2cents worth, ive tried using motul 6100 10-40, it revs happily, but currently using lexus full-syn, durable but my car doesn't sound happy during high rev.
you may wanna avoid doing that..recommended service interval is 3 months or 5000KMs ( which ever comes first ).
the properties of the oil may have changed by 6 months..and mind you, engine should be kept running at good working temperature to prevent sludge build up inside the engine. sludge is like.....mud.....erghhhh

Rily

Jun 5, 2009
Thanks there,

I wanna ask, anyone can recommend where to buy motul 6100 10-40 around ampang area?

I used to get it from high-n (motul disti in setiawangsa, now moved to balakong).

Still prefer that oil a lot! my rides' happy = im happy!

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Dear sifus,

lately i notice that my engine is really noisy. Anyone facing same issue?

my ride - stock cps manual.

thanks...

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Thanks there,

I wanna ask, anyone can recommend where to buy motul 6100 10-40 around ampang area?

I used to get it from high-n (motul disti in setiawangsa, now moved to balakong).

Still prefer that oil a lot! my rides' happy = im happy!

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Dear sifus,

lately i notice that my engine is really noisy. Anyone facing same issue?

my ride - stock cps manual.

thanks...
what sort of noise ?
like lorry or diesel engine noise when idling ?

semangka

Aug 14, 2010
Miri & Bintulu
either one should be ok, but IMO 10w~40 better since campro cps is really a hot engine (and if u constant high rev better find high perfomance oil or maybe full syns) BTW im using Liqiud Molly
not to that extend ehhh (CPS really a hot engine). my TC car using M7 5W30 also ok leh. just that i strictly change oil as the mileage almost reaches 5k km.

and 5w30 does improves the FC a little bit, though i don't really mind about it. :)

Rily

Jun 5, 2009
Dear bro Katak,

Yes, you're right - its like diesel engine lorry sound!

Bro Semangka,

Yes I think the CPS engine is really hot too, my Rad fan is always running with only minimal breaking time in between... sometimes I wonder if its healthy or not - anyway, ive not change my rad cooling water (the green colored water - forgotten what is it called) since the day I took my car - 3 1/2 years ago...

Anyway, just to inform you guys (which you might already know) I got ripped off for changing my front 2 absorbers, the workshop charged me RM190 each!!! WTF - after that I tried to ask proton SC - they said only RM150!

Just wanna let you guys know the price... my 2cents...

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
@Rily : the noisy diesel like noise may come from your VIM unit ( intake manifold ). probably the runner is stuck or malfunctioning causing the diesel liek noise.
it's a pretty common thing for Neo CPS.
is there any significant drop or changes in performance ?

btw, the green fluid is called engine coolant. it is recommended to replace every 20000kms.

Rily

Jun 5, 2009
Bro Katak,Erm... why is the intake manifold called as VIM unit? ive got zero knowledge on that, mind to share?

If its pretty common for neo cps, how do you guys settle it, if to workshop, any to recommend and also price?

Well, there isn't any drop in performance, other than the jerking issue during my happily "tekan" time (which ive alredy gave up in finding solution for it)

Okay, I shall change my coolant asap! any coolant is fine?

Thanks so much!! Owe you dinner!

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Bro Katak,Erm... why is the intake manifold called as VIM unit? ive got zero knowledge on that, mind to share?

If its pretty common for neo cps, how do you guys settle it, if to workshop, any to recommend and also price?

Well, there isn't any drop in performance, other than the jerking issue during my happily "tekan" time (which ive alredy gave up in finding solution for it)

Okay, I shall change my coolant asap! any coolant is fine?

Thanks so much!! Owe you dinner!
Abit technical this is..
The VIM ( Variable runner Intake Manifold <---if i remember this correctly ) is a non-conventional intake manifold. The difference ( to a conventional intake manifold where the runner length is fixed ) is that the length of the runner changes from Long Runner ( for low engine RPM application ) to Short Runner ( for higher engine RPM application ) according to the engine RPM.
When driving below 3800 RPM ( if not mistaken ) the Long Runner is used. As engine RPM climbs higher ( I think it's above 3800 RPM ), a motorized flap inside the VIM will engage to switch to Short Runner....thus improving low RPM power and making the engine more efficient at higher engine RPM.

Alternatively, try Google "Chevrolet VGIS". Same concept.

Solution.

well, if the vehicle is still under warranty..you can claim warranty.
the price for a brand new unit... I dont know..
This faulty unit could be the cause of jerking when you suddenly accelerate hard.

Coolant :
Mitsubishi coolant / genuine Proton coolant should do the trick.

**check your inbox.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, know any place where i can do good and cheap wheel alignment and cambering in Ampang?

I hate to go to places where all of a sudden they say cambering is RM60.00 when you can get it for RM45.00.

Thks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience