Subang Jaya
Standard :
water temp at night cruising is between 70-75 degrees C
water temp in the day town driving is between 75-90 degrees C

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Normal lah for oil to be that high..depends on the type of oil you use also.

now, after i did something to the cooling system :
cruising day / night : 83-85 degrees C ( night time drops to 78 degrees C depending on weather )
town driving : 83-90 degrees C

I have yet to install oil temp gauge. still have not solve how to relocate the filter lol

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
Oh I tot mine is very high cos my friend's gen2 1.6a ard 85-90 only! I jus used a adaptor in between e oil filter n engine. Using a shorter oil filter too.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
I modified some stuff, so using a short filter makes oil filter change a 10 minutes job lol..

im running cooled water to the oil filter. hence, no room for adapter.. :(

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Yup, DIY.
When we meet, i will tell u how its done. not really complicated..not really done neatly yet, but to me it works la..
Whoo nice!! I assume you are using the engine coolant to cool the oil? Cause I remember the Toyota Celica ST185 is also using a similar concept. IT has a water oil coolant. There is an outlet from the engine which will pipe coolant to the oil cooler and back to the radiator.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Whoo nice!! I assume you are using the engine coolant to cool the oil? Cause I remember the Toyota Celica ST185 is also using a similar concept. IT has a water oil coolant. There is an outlet from the engine which will pipe coolant to the oil cooler and back to the radiator.
Exactly.
The outlet from radiator directly to the oil filter, and then joins back to the cylinder head.
It took me 2-3 days to finish this project..DIY mah.. :biggrin:

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Exactly.
The outlet from radiator directly to the oil filter, and then joins back to the cylinder head.
It took me 2-3 days to finish this project..DIY mah.. :biggrin:
Salute!!! Very nice! Btw where did you get the adapter from? I also want to DIY oil cooler!!

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Salute!!! Very nice! Btw where did you get the adapter from? I also want to DIY oil cooler!!
save the trouble and headache, get the air-to-oil cooler. saves you alot of time and labor.
mind you, you need to remove the intake manifold to reach the water hose...then find space to fit two hoses near the block, just missing the drive shaft.
and also, oil filter change is somewhat a hassle with this setup :thefinger:

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
hahaha.. think when i change bumper that time i install a oil cooler.. oil temp at 102C is getting too hot for comfort..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello everyone. May i know wat carb are these? i got it from my uncle, he said its taken from his old gtv. but as i know gtv uses webber. this doesnt look like webber. pls help. thanks.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience