eg9 ridiculous fuel consumption

junchanseeleng

Sep 17, 2009
rephrase: ridiculous eg9 fuel consumption

In a new eg9 owner which came with stock engine b16a auto. Recently i just realize its fuel consumption which considered high to me. My mileage for full tank is only around 250km. Its this consider normal? If not, what might be the problem? Can any experience owner out there lend me some help? And how much liter can eg9 fuel tank content? Please help..

Forgive me if my question sounded stupid to you.

junchanseeleng

Sep 17, 2009

In a new eg9 owner which came with stock engine b16a auto. Recently i just realize its fuel consumption which considered high to me. My mileage for full tank is only around 250km. Its this consider normal? If not, what might be the problem? Can any experience owner out there lend me some help? And how much liter can eg9 fuel tank content? Please help..

Forgive me if my question sounded stupid to you.

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
When my ek4 still auto.....full tank can go 330km-350km town driving + traffic jam. But thats after i done Top overhaul, replace plug cable + plug, replace new air filter and vafc tuning. Before only can go 260km-280km each full tank.

AD_EG

Apr 5, 2009
your full tank should be 45 liters...5 liters is the reserve if I'm not mistaken.

yes your consumption is very high.depends on how you drive and also the condition on your engine.

one of the main factor is also its an auto.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
change manual la brader..more power and better fc..

AD_EG

Apr 5, 2009
bro,

traffic jams are a pain indeed...but a manual gearbox is worth the pain ... serious...the difference in performance,better Fc,cheaper then auto ,somemore from what i hear,auto gearbox prone to have problems...

all this will make the pain worth it ...

*poison* level 1 :rofl:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
bro,

traffic jams are a pain indeed...but a manual gearbox is worth the pain ... serious...the difference in performance,better Fc,cheaper then auto ,somemore from what i hear,auto gearbox prone to have problems...

all this will make the pain worth it ...

*poison* level 1 :rofl:

dat's so true..even i prefer my problematic clutch which is freaking heavy than an auto gb..

AD_EG

Apr 5, 2009
dat's so true..even i prefer my problematic clutch which is freaking heavy than an auto gb..
*Poison* level 2

I have no regret for converting my auto to manual....its worth it belif me.
*Poison* level 3

Bro....change to manual....its the way to go.its a smarter investment in so many ways.Performance + $$$.

No pain = No Gain.

zac

Feb 7, 2007
i didn't own a civic auto before, but then your fuel consumption really high... hv you checked your auto gb? if gb dun hv problem and your engine is healthy then perhaps your driving style cause it...

ghibril

Jun 30, 2008
my setup is b16a, high comp around 18 i think..
city drive = 1 litre (rm2.25) = 8.5km
highway drive = 1 liter (rm2.25) = 10.5km

hu~~

would like to ask all sifu here...
how much does the wira 1.5carb cost ?
whas the price range for top condition 1 ?
TQ