Dyno Results thread.. suck up your ego and post yours.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Tokey Chris, I like the words in bold. Got lobang for local head porting is it? Same shop that does your DC2 track car mehh....I think I know the location of the shop oledi!

I have seen a few examples locally, but most of them don't really measure the work bfr and after, especially the three angle cut which is very essential to get right the 1st time out, unless you like putting plenty of metal putty inside your block's head. And all of them do not know that it is vital to know what you have in your engine ( cams, valves, springs, pistons, rods and crank ) and what are the specs of these parts, for the tuner to port the head accordingly. Say your parts is up to Stage 1 level, but the tuner ported the head up to Stage 3 level ( thinking that the previous car he did, which had Stage 3 level parts inside the engine did explosive power at the dyno after he ported the head ), what happens? In my own terms, overbreathing, eh? Heheheh....

chris2000 said:
Well, another thing was people are worried that their competitor finds out what power they making and analyzed the power curve to see what effects of parts they have on their car give that kind of power band. Internet is powerful now and even things posted will be view by racers and tuning workshops around MAlaysia. :regular_smile: kinda kiasu mentally hence motorsport and tuning scene are not growing as fast as it should like USA, UK or Australia or Japan.

I had the same feeling too hence never dyno my car before MME or to reveal any specs of the car till recently, when i thought to myself, "what the hell?? I want to sell parts we use on our own car and i have some special custom parts i have resources to and want to share and sell to forumer and my COMPETITORS.. YES, you are right, I want my competitors to be as fast as mine or even better if they can be faster than me.

So NOW, be it track, drag or road, if you need serious power, and need sources to Sleeved blocks, street to full race CNC ported head, custom rods to custom pistons or even a complete engine build in the USA or Japan, i will share and get these in for you.

And if they are drag or track race competitor, don't worry as all information will be discreet and retain within ourselves.:shades_smile:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
udengfahlawi said:
is ther actually a situation wher ther's nothin' can be modded anymore?....so that one can say "my car all that can be modded all modded oledi?"...:biggrin:
Ask those running FWD in the US.. so many times since they hit lower 10s that it was said that.. sure cannot go already... but now already 7.9....

No such thing as all that can be modded is modded already.... in my opinionlah.. :P

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
ace79 said:
Tokey Chris, I like the words in bold. Got lobang for local head porting is it? Same shop that does your DC2 track car mehh....I think I know the location of the shop oledi!

I have seen a few examples locally, but most of them don't really measure the work bfr and after, especially the three angle cut which is very essential to get right the 1st time out, unless you like putting plenty of metal putty inside your block's head. And all of them do not know that it is vital to know what you have in your engine ( cams, valves, springs, pistons, rods and crank ) and what are the specs of these parts, for the tuner to port the head accordingly. Say your parts is up to Stage 1 level, but the tuner ported the head up to Stage 3 level ( thinking that the previous car he did, which had Stage 3 level parts inside the engine did explosive power at the dyno after he ported the head ), what happens? In my own terms, overbreathing, eh? Heheheh....
I not trying to promote my head porter. Its just Shiro said cannot find good head porter locally. Just wanted to give my head porter some credits, as i have been having my head ported by him since 2004. And at many times those days when i send my Satria Gti to dyno tune, the dyno operator often ask what engine internal or is my cams 290+ duration!! And when i tell them stock OEM block not forge thingy or mild 270 duration cams, they just won't believe! My setup was actually mild just that the head ported just maximize the potential of my setup. Anyone who knows where i port my current head, can go there to look for the old man and ask him to port your honda head.

There is a trend now for POWER hungry guys who wants the best head no one can do here, which has resorted me searching all over to find a USA porter who can do reliable port reshaping, special throat work and special valve jobs to get very impressive flows.

Their semi-race setup is flowing at least 290+CFM with stock Honda valves and this is more than most other porters with oversize valves!!

Their full-race setup, they gurantee at least 320CFM and often when you receive the head, the bence flow charts writes 330+CFM!! This is a full works head and cost a bomb... WISH i could afford one of this in my DC2. haha...

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
chris2000 said:
I not trying to promote my head porter. Its just Shiro said cannot find good head porter locally. Just wanted to give my head porter some credits, as i have been having my head ported by him since 2004. And at many times those days when i send my Satria Gti to dyno tune, the dyno operator often ask what engine internal or is my cams 290+ duration!! And when i tell them stock OEM block not forge thingy or mild 270 duration cams, they just won't believe! My setup was actually mild just that the head ported just maximize the potential of my setup. Anyone who knows where i port my current head, can go there to look for the old man and ask him to port your honda head.

There is a trend now for POWER hungry guys who wants the best head no one can do here, which has resorted me searching all over to find a USA porter who can do reliable port reshaping, special throat work and special valve jobs to get very impressive flows.

Their semi-race setup is flowing at least 290+CFM with stock Honda valves and this is more than most other porters with oversize valves!!

Their full-race setup, they gurantee at least 320CFM and often when you receive the head, the bence flow charts writes 330+CFM!! This is a full works head and cost a bomb... WISH i could afford one of this in my DC2. haha...
Give us an idea of a quote.. for the shock factor.

Last edited:

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Ok, just to reconfirm, same shop where the DC2 is done ke?

chris2000 said:

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
shiroitenshi said:
Thing is.. that's what head porting is for.. to make power above all the mods you made.. but of course, since head porting here is 'probably' lacking.. (prove me wrong on this, I'd love to be, since then I'll know where to get my head ported.. no, not the one on my neck.. or near my crotch area.. :P)

So you're saying that even the more 'engrossed' race teams here are still trying to make power by just parts combinations only.. For me, that should be the realm of enthusiasts lah.. (>.<)

I'd thought they'd go scientific and play with ignition timing, cc reshaping, porting and polishing.. etc. Advanced theories to play with engine flow, etc.

Damn... (>.<)
FYI head porting is a must,,,especially if you use aggresive cams + high comp pistons. Eventhough we dont have a flow bench/flow machine, experience mechanic knows how to port a good head. For those who use parts without porting is completely misleading,,,or i can say amature.

FYI,,,there are many good porters ive seen especially in KL. Most of them are drag teams, dont generalize and think ppl with lack of scientific gadgets will lack of ideas too. If you played this game for a long time,,,you can see which one is good or bad, just by seeing the port size, chamber volume, valve stem, valve seal & such. One day you will know if you think hard enough.

There is no secret bout head porting,, for cc rechaping you can go to machine shop either to "bukak chamber" or welding for "kecikkan chamber". For port reshaping there a 2 ways,,,reduce the radius of bending or do straight ports to the head (ZC engine can do this mod but not on b series).

For the ignition timing,,it will base on your engine knocking tolerence, normally tuner will retard 2 deg before knocking occurs, start by gihg numbers to low numbers.

These are the things you will not find by reading performance magazines,,,it comes through experience, im fortunate enough that my mechanics a crazy to do all those weird mods, so i can learn first hand from him.

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
V8_nutter said:
FYI head porting is a must,,,especially if you use aggresive cams + high comp pistons. Eventhough we dont have a flow bench/flow machine, experience mechanic knows how to port a good head. For those who use parts without porting is completely misleading,,,or i can say amature.

FYI,,,there are many good porters ive seen especially in KL. Most of them are drag teams, dont generalize and think ppl with lack of scientific gadgets will lack of ideas too. If you played this game for a long time,,,you can see which one is good or bad, just by seeing the port size, chamber volume, valve stem, valve seal & such. One day you will know if you think hard enough.

There is no secret bout head porting,, for cc rechaping you can go to machine shop either to "bukak chamber" or welding for "kecikkan chamber". For port reshaping there a 2 ways,,,reduce the radius of bending or do straight ports to the head (ZC engine can do this mod but not on b series).

For the ignition timing,,it will base on your engine knocking tolerence, normally tuner will retard 2 deg before knocking occurs, start by gihg numbers to low numbers.

These are the things you will not find by reading performance magazines,,,it comes through experience, im fortunate enough that my mechanics a crazy to do all those weird mods, so i can learn first hand from him.
I'm not generalising, but what I'm saying is that from what I understand, it's mostly done through trial and error.. can you say that these people can explain why these parts perform the way they do, and can they really replicate the same power mods on another engine?

Arguably, they can do the job provided they have XXX attempts, but I'm more of a person that ask.. Why's that? or How does that work?

If that guy can explain, then I say.. wow.. you really know your job!
If not.. then I'll ask myself if I'm SURE I want to be a regular customer with him?

Fact is, if you wanted something out of the ordinary that hasn't been done before, experience with the more common setups just doesn't count.. It has to be the principal baser knowledge of how engines work (flow, etc.) then you'll hear stories like..

"This setup cannot get power one lah" (Although you know perfectly well that someone else in ANOTHER country has pulled it off)

C'mon, B series NA/turbos with crazy horsepowers have been around in the US for like years now.. and how just far have we got with ours? 310, 320? on NA? And how many have you seen even attempting NOS + turbo?

Just ask about surge, volumetric efficiency, etc. and people here gives you the strange look. (admittedly I don't know turbo as well, and it irritates me to no end that I can't find one that's an technical turbo enthusiast as well, as least I'll learn something and try it on my car.)

Or at least pay someone to do it for me with the guarantee that he won't screw it up like I might with my DIY curiosity.

I respect the old timers here for their experience and working for a lot time, I have no doubt about their competence in their modding work, They'll know best the limits of some of the parts they have used, so I don't deny their expertise.. esp. Chris's mechanic.. I think I know who you mean already.

But I think having those kind of knowledge might help make for a more 'colourful' modding scene here in Malaysia, with more strange custom setups that 'might' actually work.

Twin turbo's in an NSX/Civic(haha)/etc, anyone? :P

Anyway I'm leaning towards the technical side of modding because I can't drive very well.. :P

A grandmother on tranquilizers could do better track driving than me.. :P

And about the timing.. how did you do that?.. I thought there's always some measure or chance of knocking, since I'm using normal fuels, and not race fuels, so that octane rating isn't that steady. A tankful of fuel can allow XX degs today.. not tommorow when it pings a bit on another tank.

Last edited:

moshpit21

Known Member
Aug 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
:)

hi, fresh newbie here..

just found out bout this topic and read most of it..

pretty interesting..!!!

i have some questions, but guess i will ask one first.

why my b16a HP peaked at 7200 RPM?? is that normal??

dynoed at Links, the engine was totally stock except 3 things (chipped ECU + Apexi dual funnel air filter with rubber stock hose + Apexi muffler with 2.2" piping)

apology if the mentioned question was answered somewhere in this topic.

-peace-

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
it's quite normal.. a lot of things affect the location of peak HP... cam timing and exhaust pipe size, and inside diameter and design of the exhaust manifold play a role as well, (assuming your engine is healthy.)

I'm using 4-1, so obviously peak power 'should' be in the high rpm ranges. How about you?

moshpit21

Known Member
Aug 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
was the piping too big for my stock engine??

the exhaust manifold was stock at that time..

i will try to find my dyno sheet and upload here soon..

maybe u can analyze it for me :_:

thx for the reply tho

-peace-

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
was the piping too big for my stock engine??

the exhaust manifold was stock at that time..

i will try to find my dyno sheet and upload here soon..

maybe u can analyze it for me :_:

thx for the reply tho

-peace-
Sure.. I'm not that good though.. please include the relevant details such as..

on engine or on wheel? if you can furnish both, even better.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Photographers in China has spotted an Exora prototype running around in northern China. It might indicate that the proton-youngman partnership might also include this MPV in the future. This will mean that the production volumes of the Exora will be big to give the economies of scale, meaning more affordable cars for the consumer. It will add another destination for the export of the Exora, other than the Europe, Iran and the rumoured Mitsubushi rebadging of the Exora...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience