Dyno Results thread.. suck up your ego and post yours.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Eh, not 17kg/m is it? How can u match with those K20A's, they're just a wee bit faster than the DC2 lehhh...

chris2000 said:
hai ya.. not really la.. When i race with the DC5 in MSS, no match to them in corner exit or straight line. Those DC5 i think about 160-170ftlb.

Now waiting and saving enough for a 200+whp and 150+wftlb setup to chase DC5 in MSS. hehe.. Any potential sponsors/partners reading this thread??

haha..

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
shiroitenshi said:
Can't you beat those DC5s with sheer power to weight? Not sure exacly how much lightening you've done on your DC2, but shouldn't it be quite light already?

Or is the DC2 chassis inherently heavier or same weight with a DC5?

Exactly how much power is your engine outputting anyway?
My DC2 is lighter than the DC5 but only very little. Those race DC5 had done lots of body lightening and some even use carbon fiber dash board, door panels, boot, hood etc.. So thats why my std DC2 body is not light enough.

My power as per earlier post 184whp only. Those DC5 all in the region of 220whp to 260whp.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Lots of catching up to do then. Good luck!

Too damn bad K20A's selling like a chunk of gold.. if not.. hahahaa.. EVIL old school hondas rears it's ugly head!

Thing is, to built a B-series to get near the performance of the K20A is not easy... furthermore for track use! For drag, different storylah.

Those K20As have strong blocks to match.. I think 220 to 260whp is only because they didn't explore the full potential of the engine.. and probably because lightening mods are cheaper and reliable.. :P

Last edited:

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
avantasia said:
engine setup is remain stock standard for internal block B18CR + factory PnP for head job.

and the most important is the car is for street + street race use, i've read about spec 3 from buddy club and looks like very impressive response!!!

crower,

i'm just asking only laa...btw let crower convince BSN to sponsor u'r race team....
Stock internal block then compression only 11:1. If you want just overall slightly better than CTR cams with CTR stock idle then go Omni Stage 1/Skunk2 stage 1/ Jun 2.

If you like top end or peak power then Omni Stage 2/Skunk2 Stage 2/ Jun 3. All similar profile.

If you like low-mid torque then larger primary cams like Buddy Club Spec 3+ or Toda A3/B. These cams have a bit rough idle but can be corrected with ECU. They good low to mid torque and power but power will peak earlier and less compared to the Omni S2/ Skunk2 S2/ Jun3.

If you can increase your compression a little then Toda C / Skunk2 Pro1+ / Buddy Club Spec 4 will be good power overall.

If you can bump compression to above 12.5:1 then Buddy Club Spec 5 / Toda D / Skunk2 Pro2+ / Jun Type 4

Hope this help.

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
chris, between omni stage 1 and buddyclub spec 3+, which one peak ealier? Omni stage 1 produce power until what rpm?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Hmmm... strange that when people claim WHP numbers they don't want to post the dyno sheet along.. why ah?

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Well, either they don't have the copy of dyno test, or.....oopsie, tipu only!

shiroitenshi said:
Hmmm... strange that when people claim WHP numbers they don't want to post the dyno sheet along.. why ah?

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
shiroitenshi said:
ace79 said:
Well, either they don't have the copy of dyno test, or.....oopsie, tipu only!
Well, another thing was people are worried that their competitor finds out what power they making and analyzed the power curve to see what effects of parts they have on their car give that kind of power band. Internet is powerful now and even things posted will be view by racers and tuning workshops around MAlaysia. :regular_smile: kinda kiasu mentally hence motorsport and tuning scene are not growing as fast as it should like USA, UK or Australia or Japan.

I had the same feeling too hence never dyno my car before MME or to reveal any specs of the car till recently, when i thought to myself, "what the hell?? I want to sell parts we use on our own car and i have some special custom parts i have resources to and want to share and sell to forumer and my COMPETITORS.. YES, you are right, I want my competitors to be as fast as mine or even better if they can be faster than me.

So NOW, be it track, drag or road, if you need serious power, and need sources to Sleeved blocks, street to full race CNC ported head, custom rods to custom pistons or even a complete engine build in the USA or Japan, i will share and get these in for you.

And if they are drag or track race competitor, don't worry as all information will be discreet and retain within ourselves.:shades_smile:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
chris2000 said:
Well, another thing was people are worried that their competitor finds out what power they making and analyzed the power curve to see what effects of parts they have on their car give that kind of power band. Internet is powerful now and even things posted will be view by racers and tuning workshops around MAlaysia. :regular_smile: kinda kiasu mentally hence motorsport and tuning scene are not growing as fast as it should like USA, UK or Australia or Japan.
Thing is.. that's what head porting is for.. to make power above all the mods you made.. but of course, since head porting here is 'probably' lacking.. (prove me wrong on this, I'd love to be, since then I'll know where to get my head ported.. no, not the one on my neck.. or near my crotch area.. :P)

So you're saying that even the more 'engrossed' race teams here are still trying to make power by just parts combinations only.. For me, that should be the realm of enthusiasts lah.. (>.<)

I'd thought they'd go scientific and play with ignition timing, cc reshaping, porting and polishing.. etc. Advanced theories to play with engine flow, etc.

Damn... (>.<)

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
shiroitenshi said:
Thing is.. that's what head porting is for.. to make power above all the mods you made.. but of course, since head porting here is 'probably' lacking.. (prove me wrong on this, I'd love to be, since then I'll know where to get my head ported.. no, not the one on my neck.. or near my crotch area.. :P)

So you're saying that even the more 'engrossed' race teams here are still trying to make power by just parts combinations only.. For me, that should be the realm of enthusiasts lah.. (>.<)

I'd thought they'd go scientific and play with ignition timing, cc reshaping, porting and polishing.. etc. Advanced theories to play with engine flow, etc.

Damn... (>.<)
Head porting is to realease all potential making ability of all the parts you have mated to the engine.

Like wise if you use stock ITR extractor with big ported heads with big big cams you will also be restricted due to airflow in the extractor.

Like wise, big ported heads with stock cams, is a waste as your cams are not having enough lift to make the big difference in power.

Its a combination of parts to massage it to work together and hand in hand to make the most power out of that setup so as to not waste too much uncessary money. Easier said then done. haha.. Thats why i have wasted so much money to learn it the hard way..

There are indeed good porters with good experience that use to do porting heads for ATCC engines back in the late 90's. He's job is considered expensive in Malaysia by many cause most general consumer can get a head ported for 1k or less. Thats why this porter no longer bother about selling himself or porting head for road cars and he only do track engine or illegal drag engine customers only.

If you want maximum air flow then its still got to be a head ported in USA and flow benched for CFM.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Mine? OEM B16A block oso wanna dyno eh? Wait until next year, this year is only for rebuilding the whole chassis, suspension, brakes and bodywork! Tune and lighten the car 1st, only later on go for power mods.

Anyway, for power mods, I might just go for lightened and balanced engine with B16B internals, and yeah, no power steering too.

udengfahlawi said:
ace97, wher's yours?...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys..it seems like i'm having a problem with my gearbox..there's a sound of "ktak ktak ktak ktak" sounds coming from the gearbox..can hear it inside my car..but when i press the clutch,the sound is gone..

plus when i'm accelerating,the noise can be heard..same when the car is idle..i'm using waja manual..pls help as this is driving me crazy..im afraid the gearbox will kaput..:adore::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience