Don't Buy Nissan Sylphy

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
if nissan really good car,they wont need give so big discount to us.we r customer will know which car is good.as we know nissan is last of place in non-national car,first of cuz toyota mabe they got lot of version car to sell off-camry,altis,vios,avanza,invonva,rush,prius,hilux,hiace(van),yet including cbu model 2) honda 3)nissan.everyone know nissan car cant get good resale value as toyota/honda same year and class.now they still want give big discount to boost their sale?how about current nissan owner maintenance their car value right?:stupid: lucky,i never never think want nissan car ever now nissan give discount,toyota of cuz!somemore i hear nissan car really got lot of problem.for nissan lover,u can consider cbu nissan if u really want buy nissan car (fairlady/skyline of cuz) :top:

Jon Ong Jon

From Facebook
Nov 11, 2011
www.facebook.com
DON’T BUY NISSAN.

my 3 yr old latio's aircon recently something went wrong, sometimes aircon is cold at first,but after driving awhile,it become not cold at all, left the fan working.then u need the switch off the aircon then switch on again,then it will start functioning,and u can see the foggy gas coming out from the fans there,it become very cold for awhile b4 the problem comes back again!sigh!!!!!what happened?

I owned a brand new Nissan Sylphy since August 2008. Until 09/04/2010, my car mileages run up to 90,000 km.(Car age: 1 year 7 month).

The quality problems I having so far as below: -
1) Dashboard has bubble spot - changed on January 2010 - problem solved – reason given was Japan and Malaysia weather difference.
2) Complaint on suspension noise - when turning and on uneven road (since 2nd service
mileage 6710 km until 89,994 km). NOW 90,000 km only solve the problem with
changing the caliper set !!!!!! All the while Nissan Malaysia only gives the solution
of "Tighten Undercarriage" for this problem.
3) Gear Oil Leaking - replace gearbox oil seal 2 time but problem still not solve. Now Nissan only agreed to replace a new gear box.
4) Air Con Gas Leaking - replace cooling coil (recently) - problem solved at this moment, later don’t know yet.
5) Everytime after service brake system, steering will have vibrate when apply brake (at
100 km/hr) - SOLUTION FROM NISSAN MALAYSIA: TO SKIM BRAKE
DISC!!!!!! until now my brake disc have been skimmed for 2 times and actually in between the period I have stop them for skimming because I worry on the brake disc thickness. Now I also stopping them since they said they want to skim for the 3rd times.

Current condition of my Car.
Since 6/4/2010 I collect my car until now,
1). 2 unit of my engine mounting broken due to dismantling of engine and have been replaced recently.
2). Knocking sound on steering when turning.
all the above problem still not solve yet and I was so worry every time when I driving the car because I don’t know what others parts will spoil and when the brake system will gone off.
Conclusion
Don’t buy Nissan vehicles, you will regret for your whole life.
Because Nissan Malaysia will not entertain your complaint, they will tell you the parts are under wear & tear category.
Even though fuel consumption is low, but maintenance is very very high.
REMIND : DON’T LET NISSAN No Skill Division (NSD) people check your car because they will twist & turn the facts.
my 3 yr old latio's aircon recently something went wrong, sometimes aircon is cold at first,but after driving awhile,it become not cold at all, left the fan working.then u need the switch off the aircon then switch on again,then it will start functioning,and u can see the foggy gas coming out from the fans there,it become very cold for awhile b4 the problem comes back again!sigh!!!!!what happened?

Dec 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
My car was broke down 2 days ago, the car was not giving any response when i press the oil pedal.

My car was checked by 2 workshops by the diagnostic tool and it shows error " P1777- step motor failure" on the gear box diagnostic. I was making the call to Tan Chong Service centre to ask for advise, and they told me that it might be caused by the gear box and it need to be replaced. The cost should be around RM 10,000.00 exclude the labour. FYI, my car mileage is 140,000 km, and the car age is almost 3 years.

My question is how come the gear box can be broken down so easily and NISSAN has claim that this gear box can last for at least 10 years, but warranty just 100,000km. sucksssssss...

This is not first incident happen to me. My car was having different problems since the first day i bought this car.

The following problems shows what has happen to me car:

a. Power Steering Coupling
b. Dashboard has bubble spot : it take 2 days to replace.
c. 3 sets of engine mounting broken on 101,000km mileage (which I has made complaint on it through customer service)
d. Gear Box problem on 140,000km mileage

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My car was broke down 2 days ago, the car was not giving any response when i press the oil pedal.

My car was checked by 2 workshops by the diagnostic tool and it shows error " P1777- step motor failure" on the gear box diagnostic. I was making the call to Tan Chong Service centre to ask for advise, and they told me that it might be caused by the gear box and it need to be replaced. The cost should be around RM 10,000.00 exclude the labour. FYI, my car mileage is 140,000 km, and the car age is almost 3 years.

My question is how come the gear box can be broken down so easily and NISSAN has claim that this gear box can last for at least 10 years, but warranty just 100,000km. sucksssssss...

This is not first incident happen to me. My car was having different problems since the first day i bought this car.

The following problems shows what has happen to me car:

a. Power Steering Coupling
b. Dashboard has bubble spot : it take 2 days to replace.
c. 3 sets of engine mounting broken on 101,000km mileage (which I has made complaint on it through customer service)
d. Gear Box problem on 140,000km mileage
Which Nissan car do you have here?

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

if nissan really good car,they wont need give so big discount to us.we r customer will know which car is good.as we know nissan is last of place in non-national car,first of cuz toyota mabe they got lot of version car to sell off-camry,altis,vios,avanza,invonva,rush,prius,hilux,hiace(van),yet including cbu model 2) honda 3)nissan.everyone know nissan car cant get good resale value as toyota/honda same year and class.now they still want give big discount to boost their sale?how about current nissan owner maintenance their car value right?:stupid: lucky,i never never think want nissan car ever now nissan give discount,toyota of cuz!somemore i hear nissan car really got lot of problem.for nissan lover,u can consider cbu nissan if u really want buy nissan car (fairlady/skyline of cuz) :top:
Well unfortunately most people cannot afford such expensive cars dude!

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
LOok lIke Nissan is worse than proton now...

Anyway, the caliper sound like Myvi. To resolve this either change the caliper pin oversize or modify another caliPer buy from chopshoP

Lean

UnderCoverProject Founder
Oct 30, 2006
KL
undercoverproject.blogspot.com
Every Car manufacture has it's own problem. You can't just agree with what people said by just looking at the flames and critics here. Don't just complain and take the car back to the SC of the Car manufacture itself to get the warranty claim while it still have. Complaining ere won't make any different. Just my 2cents.

JLean @ UndercoverProject

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Nissan was well known for their lasting parts and durability...but didnt expect the quality sucks lately due to numerous complain...must be something wrong in the production chain or distribution chain then pressure to the after sales dept resulting in all these grudges...hope they can turn over n gain the confident back like before....nissan sunny & vanette C22 ...best van and family saloon of all time....

yeah, discount was scary....u go check it out....but for business strategy wise, to clear stock why not cos year ended 2011....now 2012 already .....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
lemons exists everywhere. Porsche, Honda, Nissan etc. some manufacturer makes less, some make more (Proton)

Tan Choong has shown in the past they don't handle lemons well. Likewise with Honda Malaysia.. just google some history of previous owners in the past.

The only thing you can do is make use of the warranty. If you got the time and money you can get lawyers.

Lean

UnderCoverProject Founder
Oct 30, 2006
KL
undercoverproject.blogspot.com
As you see, Every car manufacture has its own production or manufacture defects once in awhile. We can't just blame everything based on nissan only. If you find that your car or vehicle got problem, why not bring back to the SC and have a check before the warranty void? that's the question.

We as customer should be aware of the 3 years or 100k Warranty, Sometimes we just can't argue with the black and white thingy, just my 2cents. Besides that, based from my experience, sylphy is a decent and quiet car though yet fuel efficient among the category its in.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
One of my friends has a Sylphy, bought new last year. Actually not bad, pretty comfy & quiet, decent performance, and no complain so far. The dash and the door panels are also wrapped in some synth leather materials so does not feel as cheap looking as other Japanese sedans in it's class which just use plastics.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys,

Recently there was this blue iswara in the CTA track event, my friend told me the guy was running on stock carb 4g13 engine. I was totally shock when he said that he was fast on the track. I read a blog Getting It Bigger: A Ride With Johor Race Spec Saga , it was really stock and according the blogger they follow johor regulation where 13" tyres are used with stock brake systems and carb. I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience