Don't Buy Nissan Sylphy

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
is it a case of unlucky unit? cos i remember 1 guy who bought the City(the cvvt gearbox model) who complained the car had problems from day 2 of purchase till the day he sold it off a year later. 2 person's who bought the silphy at my workplace had nothing but compliments for their new car...but then maybe they just cant loose face if new car having problems la hehhehe

i agree with Danz. need to make big hu ha and complain all over the place then only they will do something. warranty always puts the user at disadvantage since they choose how to fix the problem. complain higher up and things will normally get done. my boss sent his kembara to perodua SC to get his rear suspension nut changed and he had to wait 2 weeks to get it. had to go back everyday since they ask him to go n check then they made him wait at the counter while the clerks there main miang with the mechs...he got mad n called up perodua complaints department and demanded to talk to the area manager or anybody higher up...they got the thing done that very same day...FOC. then sent him a mail saying how sorry they were n all that. btw....my boss is a scottish guy so u can imagine how he was screwing them upside down hahahah

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
called malaysia nissan complain centre,maybe it will help...only then the bloody fat arse manager will do the work.:biggrin: malaysia style "no complain no work" :thefinger: btw still cannot work send email to japan complain center as mention by forum member here. need the templated ???

Sep 8, 2010
Selangor
would like to say hai to all the zerotohundred members since i'm one of the new join in babies in the forum today. :proud: .Knowing that lots of Sylphy car owner facing the caliper problems like me as well, here to share some effective solution where i had done. I went to a shop in Seri Kembangan, Selangor where near by my house 3 months ago to change my four tyres,after that i just share experience with the shop's boss regarding the caliper stuff that had been putting me in a very headache situation since i got my car on August 2008. Had sent to Nissan so many time for this problems in fact they had changed 2 sets for me, but still cant solve my problem......The tyres shop boss told me to give him a chance to fix the problem, i agreed, i leave my car to him for 1 day and he really help me to solve the problem with only RM 200 charges!!!so thank you!!!and i've been using the after modified caliper untill now still in very satisfied condition.
Just to share this with all the Sylphy owner if u interested in fixing the problem, may send me PM then i can introduce u to that shop.
P/S: 1).They not fixing your problem by putting lot of grease at the caliper pins like what Tan Cheong did before.
2). Have to leave ur car 1 day for them to fix the problem.

Sep 8, 2010
Selangor
sorry to tell that i really have no ideal how they did it in details, he only told me that took out the calipers pin to do some modification at the rubber (i not even knoe that the caliper pins have rubber on it) :hmmmm: to me, as long as they really can settle the problems and the "krok krok" sound gone dissapear, it is very very good for me already.:biggrin:

untouchable

Aug 31, 2010
Jaybee
Nissan might have change the original part with local ones, just speculate. They maybe want to reduce the cost, thus cost a lot a problems after that.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
sad to hear your case bro.....I think most will agree that the mentality and attitude of the staff that ruins the reputation of the company. The lack of will to solve and lack of responsibility that causes dissatisfaction among customers or buyer....things can be solved if it is done properly and patiently....some of these mechanics don't like to to jobs like diagnostic check or tracing problems because it's time consuming and they get fed up. In the end, giving lousy excuse to the customer....

I've worked before in both KIA and Toyota myself as a tech and myself also have to say not much good mechanics are around these days...good mechs are really hard to find...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Wow! Nissan also? Hard to believe... I guess in every brand, 1 out of few thousand units will be like that?

I like what one person suggested before. List down the faults and response that nissan gave, e mail it to nissan. C.c to proton, perodua, daihatsu, toyota, honda, kia, hyundai etc... This should help... I forgot the person who gave this suggestion in another thread last time. ^^

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
my friends sylphy no problem .... nothing happen .... buy car is more or less to your luck one .... some ppl can buy a car without a problem and some ppl buy car a lot of problem .... the most important is the SC or the dealership willing to take the responsible anot only ....

Darren Pang

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
hmm..I heard that the height of sylphy is one side higher than the other side..my friend have this problem and so does his other friends..juz measure the space between the wheel and the arch on both sides and then you will know..Heard that Nissan has yet to get this problem solve..

Apr 7, 2008
new car got all of this prob...unexpected for great company reputation like nissan....:hmmmm:

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
my dad's sylphy no problem wor.. maybe your just unlucky that u got a faulty one. i suggest you make a complaint and see their manager directly. list him all the defects and hopefully he'll do something for you. Tho in yr case its hard since you have already own the car for almost 2 years. maybe this would help, stand by the mechanic when they repair or change parts. cuz many of the mechanics in the nissan center are only diploma holders that know very little and they dont handle your car with care. so that you are able to monitor and question them or tell them off if they are doing something unsure or wrong. i know they will tell u do wait at the spot whr they supply u drinks newspapers and tell u that u are forbitten from going into the workshop for safety reasons. just tell them nicely you can handle yrself well and wanna see what they do with yr car as problem solve have nvr been permanant. just my opinion heh cuz i do that with my dad and realised they will be more carefull and will do better jobs. heh anyway cheer up and all the best dude

RONIN

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
i'm driving latio.. got knocking sound n bumpy ride.. i can accept that..

sold the car after 2 years.. giving rate 7.7/10.. spacious cabin.. boot..
service center just ok.. 7/10..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My roadtax and insurance is going to expire next week. It is a 14 years old car.

Any members have renewed their 10+ years old car' insurance without loading?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience