DIY: MAF Sensor

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
Dear all Tai Kors,

I get to read this cleaning MAF sensor from few forums. I really wonder whether it works or not?....Btw, did anyone here tried DIY before? Please advise....I'm planning to do it but really scared me out..hehehe...

They mentioned the cleaning have to be done by using 99% pure isopropyl alcohol...But which particular brand that you guys know of?...

Thanks....

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
It is not that difficult really..but you will have to be very careful so that you do not damage the sensor (which is fragile). You can also use CRC Contact cleaner or a alcohol base cleaner. There is also a special MAF cleaner from CRC, you will need to find these from the DIY store like ACE. Please do not use any oil based cleaner as these will leave a film of oil on yr MAF sensor and this will collect dirt and will create a problem like erratic timing, high FC..etc.
I have clean mine with the CRC Contact cleaner b4 and have not had any problem so far.

Hey by the way, I have been seeing yr car around Taipan USJ area quite frequently the last few weeks....have u shifted..???

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
I have been doing this before with my bro's altezza.Before cleaning his car really bad.When engine not fully warm it jerks like mad,cannot rev past 4k rpm.Even after warmed up the engine feels like sluggish,jab the throttle from idle it bogs down then the rpm raise.I'm not impressed with the performance at all.Out to the shop,I bought KURE Electronic Cleaner,take the airflow out,i notice thick black dust covering the sensor element,just spray the cleaner directly to the element until it shines.The element is inside the hole.And clean the air temp sensor at the side as well.Put everything back together,reset ecu,start,idle is perfect.No more bog down,cold and warm operation as good as new,pickup greatly improved,it drives like an Altezza should.I really recommended this clean up.Just to share my experience,hope this helps.

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
Bros,thanks for the guidance....will make the things work on my baby...

Grey: Just stopping by at my girlfriend hse as she lives there...

Thanks...

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
Any precautions when removing both MAF and Air Temp Sensors?

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
grey: yeah man...gonna b my wife end of the year (Oct' 07)...hehehe.....Taipan USJ is my 2nd home..haha....

leofric32

Known Member
May 25, 2006
I did cleaned the MAF sensor with CRC Contact Cleaner, of which i bought it from ACE. So far I did twice and so far so good no problem. Just take out the MAF sensor and spray into it until it is clean and shine. Dont touch anything inside, and it should be safe.

I know the MAF sensor is attached behind the airbox, but where is the air temp sensor?

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
The air temp sensor is attached to the MAF sensor,when u take out the MAF sensor,there's one sensor at its side (air temp) and another one inside the hole tunnel (MAF) .

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
grey/leofric: ACE out of stock on this CRC Contact Cleaner...Shi*.....Do you guys know any other shops carries this brand besides this shop?

Thanks!

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Hey DjAtB...hey why not you come for this week's TT and I will bring my CRC Contact Cleaner along andwe can do some fast cleaning there. Hope that it won't rain lah...hehehe

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
Grey: Thanks in advance...will come this TT..hehehe...But I still have to grab a CRC for future cleaning...any others hardware you guys know off?....

=)

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
You can actually try shopping around the outlets that ACE have in PJ...Ikano, Summit USJ, Mid Valley...etc.
You are bound to see one.... or you can go to Jalan Pasar and try at the Electronic Parts shops ... plenty of them there coz it is like the whole area is electronic parts wholesale area..hehehe.

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
greytezza..

i may want to observe also...hope consultation fee is FOC..hehe

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
Eddie: Great!..hehehe...

hahaha..come come...my car going to be demo car on demostrating MAF cleaning...

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Hey..like that have to collect service charge alreadi....hehehe

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
hahaha...okok...teh tarik can settle ar bro?...hehehe....any service tax as well?...if have then a piece of roti canai or a plate of maggi goreng...hehehe

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Ehh..not you lah DjAtB..the observer have to pay lah....hehehe...two of us put on a show ma..so no need to pay..

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
Is it the one with the bolt attached to it at the bottom of the air intake?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifu,

My Viva battery leak quite serious, battery's base melted, all the paint is coming out, mechs all telling to replace battery to dry one, but so many friends dry battery dead just 7 months or so (mine "wet battery" last atleast 1 year plus).
Any idea how to solve this? my batt. just 8 months old. googled the prob. saying probably alternater overcharge the batt. if overcharge can be solve by installing voltage regulator? or grounding cable kit? please help! I dun have so much...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience